carat
color
clarity

Arghhh! Fedex have lost my diamond!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all

I'm in the UK, and have just purchased a 1.74ct diamond from a vendor in the US. It was sent via Fedex, reached my local depot in the early hours of Saturday (after having paid the taxes/ duties the previous day) and it hasn't been seen since. :eek-2: The last time the tracking was updated was around 2am Saturday. It was due for delivery today (and has already missed the delivery deadline) but I have just spoken to the local depot and they say it's not on the van, and they can't locate it in their warehouse either. They are now urgently looking into it and I'm waiting to hear back from them later.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so did it turn up or how was it resolved?

If they can't locate it, should I expect the vendor to deal with the claim against Fedex, and how soon might I expect to get re-imbursed?

I'm so stressed, I can't quite believe this has happened....:eek2::x2

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!!!!! Did it ship through a vendor with the vendor’s insurance? I am so sorry this happened to you!

No, this has not happened to me, but I am curious to see how this is resolved.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
How awful! I truly hope it is found right away!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!!!! Did it ship through a vendor with the vendor’s insurance? I am so sorry this happened to you!

No, this has not happened to me, but I am curious to see how this is resolved.

Yes it did, it was through one of the PS vendors. But I haven't been able to advise them of the problem yet since they don't open until later.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully, it is just a temporary system glitch, and the shipment will turn up soon.

I have not had an international shipment being lost for all the imports I have had through the years.

Domestic ones within UK, yes, and I had to involve eBay in order to get my money back.

I recently had a parcel sent via DHL to China that got stuck due to custom clearance issue, and it had to be returned to me. It disappeared from tracking and I had to fill out an online webform a couple of time in order to find out what was happening to it. It eventually turned up, after I had to pay additional return fee for it. It turns out DHL in UK operates under different companies, and they subcontract some of their operations out.

DK :))

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think whoever you bought it from will work with Fed-Ex. They'd like to sell you a diamond. No diamond in your hand, no money.

I really hope so. I just spoke to the depot again and its definitely not in their warehouse. They are now asking all their drivers to check their vans in case its somehow on a van without having been scanned. Its not sounding hopeful though..... :eek-2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Fingers crossed for you. Don’t let the missed delivery deadline part worry you at least - in my experience that’s never correct as they don’t factor in customs clearance time beforehand. Hopefully it’s in a van and winging its way to you right now.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear that :(

I think it's unlikely to be theft as the vendors don't send through a box with 'expensive diamond in here!!' on it :lol: but, equally, if someone had noticed the vendors name in the 'sent by' box...

I hope it turns up soon!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope so. I just spoke to the depot again and its definitely not in their warehouse. They are now asking all their drivers to check their vans in case its somehow on a van without having been scanned. Its not sounding hopeful though..... :eek-2:

Don't give up hope - I have every confidence in FedEx for the package to turn up eventually!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I’m sorry. Here’s hoping it is found and gets delivered safely to you. Fingers crossed.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh I’m sorry. Here’s hoping it is found and gets delivered safely to you. Fingers crossed.

And exhale.... panic over, the package just arrived. Apparently their scanning system is not working properly meaning that it is not able to keep track of which packages are where, or when they are supposed to be delivered by either! It doesn't fill me with confidence hearing this, but I am just hugely relieved to have the package now. :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And exhale.... panic over, the package just arrived. Apparently their scanning system is not working properly meaning that it is not able to keep track of which packages are where, or when they are supposed to be delivered by either! It doesn't fill me with confidence hearing this, but I am just hugely relieved to have the package now. :dance:

Wonderful!!!!!❤️
Now we need pics. Pretty please :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg @diamondhoarder...I was so scared for you. I’m happy it turned up!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've had two DHL packages get stuck this year. The vendors made inquires. They turned up just a few days later. One was from Australia. It was apparently stuck in customs. I don't know what happened, they just magically showed up in a couple of days.

Edit* now I caught up - GREAT News!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness!

I'm sorry to hear that :(

I think it's unlikely to be theft as the vendors don't send through a box with 'expensive diamond in here!!' on it :lol: but, equally, if someone had noticed the vendors name in the 'sent by' box...

I hope it turns up soon!

I didn’t want to say this while your package was still lost in case it made you fret more, but that’s the problem with international shipping: the box doesn’t scream the contents, but the paperwork has to be left open for customs purposes. I’ve never understood why the courier companies don’t have a more discreet method. Maybe they constantly film their staff to make sure no-one rifles through the paperwork who shouldn’t be?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

YAY YAY YAY!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, good news indeed!

nkc

Shiny_Rock

I'm glad you received your package. I don't recommend using FedEX. They recently lost a work related package. They also lost a personal package a couple of months ago but after a few calls from the vendor they were able to find it and deliver it 40 days after the expected delivery date.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This must have been nauseating! So glad it's arrived safely.

Pictures!!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So?
You're not staring at the box, are you?

:lol: :lol: I've been juggling looking at the new arrival with trying to get various other things done. But I managed to get a couple of photos. More to come once I have more time.

My initial reaction is "WOW" :kiss2:. But like all true navel gazers, I will need time to view it in various lighting conditions and generally take my time with it..... :D

20201116_134750.jpg 20201116_140145.jpg 20201116_140900.jpg 20201116_141133.jpg

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What a relief to get it.
Wowza that is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, what a relief, it’s absolutely stunning!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg! It’s beautiful!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a similar scare a few weeks ago... I am upgrading and sold my diamond to an auction house in NYC, so I sent my ring to them. It was fully insured by me (via JM) and them (via Brinks). They'd already wired me the money, so I was good that way - HOWEVER, my Jovyn setting was there as well! Long story short, after almost a whole day, they retrieved my "very disturbed, ripped, and compromised package" and redelivered to the auction house. Both the auction rep and I were on pins and needles all day! It was horrid! They think that the box had been dropped in deep rain water/ditch, and after being handled and on rough conveyor belt(s), the outer box was pretty torn to shreds. Thankfully, it was double (really triple) boxed with labels on each one, so they were able to resend at the request of the myself and the recipient. Talk about STRESS!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief! It's a beautiful diamond.

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
My recent purchase came through fedex but when it arrives on the island the post office delivers. As there was no duty to pay it sailed through the customs process and out onto the delivery van. Luckily I was stalking the tracking and saw that it was out on the van to be delivered to my outside storage box without needing to be signed for whilst I was at work all day! A quick call to the post office and they got the driver to take the package back to the depot for me to collect. Moral of my story is don‘t ship loose diamonds!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results