shape
carat
color
clarity

Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's pork butt or shoulder marinated in a dry rub (usually), then cooked on low heat for a REALLY long time until the pork is just falling apart... or off the bone if your shoulder, like mine has a bone. Litterally it falls off in complete clean hunks. It's easy to separate any fat out with a fork... then you take all the pork and pull it apart into smaller hunks in a bowl... add a BBQ sauce (I make my own apple cinder BBQ sauce at home) so it's gooey, and then you serve it on fresh rolls with extra BBQ sauce if you like. YUMO

This will give you an idea.

I cook mine in the oven for about 8-12 hours.

ETA: I just reviewed that recipe. I like mine MUCH better. I've adjusted a bit here and there. If anyone likes it, I'll switch to the desk top and post it.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
oh my. that sounds good!! I must tell DH about this. He is the meat cooking connoisseur, and he would LOVE this! Thanks!!

*M*

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dry rub I like (I bought some dry rub from Saltlick in TX and it was really salty and peppery... and I have added a tablespoon to this a couple of times and it worked nicely... have to use that stuff sparingly though it is seriously strong).

Pork Dry Rub:

3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1 ½ tablespoons onion flakes
½ teaspoon celery seed

Make rub in a Ziploc Bag, throw meat in, rub until coated. Marinate overnight for best results. Used for a pork shoulder roast, cook until meat thermometer reads 170º or until meat is falling apart. I doubled this recipe today and had a ton left over.

For the BBQ sauce I usually free form some combination of these two recipes:

Two base recipes
Cider-Vinegar Barbecue Sauce:
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup yellow or brown mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pan drippings from the pork
Barbecue Sauce:
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for that! I am saving this recipe so that we can make it soon! Yummo! Thanks!

*M*

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome. It''s inexpensive, easy (I mean you cook it and marinate it for HOURS... but it''s just in the fridge or oven... not really labor intensive) and fun, I think.

A nice coleslaw (I like one without mayo) ... DF likes some baked beans with it. And corn on the cob and it''s a great comfy dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results