shape
carat
color
clarity

Argh help please - some workout advice?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now down 20 lbs, still working out everyday. I am still struggling with eating right.

Thanks.
20210228_074525.jpg
I am beginning to see more changes on my face and armpit fat

There is a marked difference in your face. And regardless of that, you are beautiful! Those lips!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Yes slow but in the right direction is key! Have you managed to get back to doing more exercise now? Ive pretty much only been dog walking (5-8km a day though) but I’ve also struggled with my eating, although I’ve generally been healthy if I have chocolate or something sweet more than one day in a row I totally fall off the wagon and that’s happened a few times last few weeks!

Yes, but I just traveled to see family for the first time in over a year so I have taken a few days off. Back to running tomorrow!!!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We all have off times & I think occasionally we need that. Whilst exercise is vital, it's also good for your mental health to rest sometimes & just sack it all off. Instead of running today, my eldest daughter & I our going for a long walk through the fields in this beautiful sunshine. Youngest daughter is on her last day of 10 days isolation, due to her school class being closed on the back of a positive child. Thankfully she hasn't shown symptoms & my eldest & i have to test twice weekly (she's at High School) & have remained negative throughout. So a nice walk to chew the fat of high school drama will be my Good Friday exercise.

You'll pick up your pace & soon get back into it. Listening to your body is really important.

Yes I agree, hope you enjoyed your walk. Glad your daughter has come to the end of her quarantine. I’m really hoping that we manage an uninterrupted summer term.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, but I just traveled to see family for the first time in over a year so I have taken a few days off. Back to running tomorrow!!!

Oh brilliant...a year is a long time. Definitely deserved to take some time off for that one!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am now down 20 lbs, still working out everyday. I am still struggling with eating right.

Thanks.
20210228_074525.jpg
I am beginning to see more changes on my face and armpit fat

Oh big difference and hello cheekbones! Serious envy here. Doesn’t matter how slim I get I will never have those bad boys!

rockefeller

Rough_Rock
It affects my confidence too. I was obese in my late teens / early 20's, then lost 8 stone over 2.5 years by sheer bloody mindedness, willpower & hard work. I reached my goal weight & size 12 when I was 24 (I'm quite tall & broad, so this is the ideal size for me otherwise I get too bony) & was lucky to have continued to work super hard & stayed trim & fit. I only gained 25lbs & 23lbs with my pregnancies & was one of those annoying people who were back in their jeans after 3 weeks.

So at this stage now, I am realising how much our hormones play in the shape of our bodies as women age. This isn't a normal thing for me - I'm a size 14 now & feel chubby, even though I don't really look that way to other people. I don't like it.

I love gardening & I love my garden, but since the winter hit & I cleared away the last of the fallen leaves, there's nothing to do out there. And man alive, it's been cold! I also walk a lot. We live really rural & I drag the kids & Mr T out most days for fresh air. When I look at what I do on paper, i'd expect to see a six pack :lol:

I have always said that I wanted to be in the shape of my life when I hit 50, just because, and now I'm realising why us ladies get a bit bigger at that age instead. I hugely admire Davina McCall & how she looks. Her face is a little drawn, but I think she's amazing & to think she only started to get fit at my age inspires me.

I'm feeling focused & if nothing else, I just want to still be fit & strong. Having said that, I've been on PS since earlier, sat here in my runners, so I really need to get outside & into those fields before the kids start asking what's for lunch!
if you are a beginner just stick to the basics don't add all that protein what not stuff, get results first!
Planning (read= following) your meals is the biggest thing you can do for yourself. Drink plenty of water, no artificial drinks! just when thirsty drink water. Be active, at the beginning maybe you don't have to start full out and burn out instead start somewhere, walking 1/2 an hour or if you can, maybe even 1 hour every day for starters. Pace, breathing, etc all follow that.
It's not about a diet it's a lifestyle change.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results