shape
carat
color
clarity

Arg! So close, yet so far (my quest for the Perfect Tennis Bracelet)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your hands, wrist, watch and bracelet are beautiful! Elegant....graceful.....

cheers--Sharon

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 9:05:09 AM
Author: anne_h
Ok, last pic in this series. My husband was the photographer, and he loved this photo (I didn''t, it shows some small scratches on the face of my watch), but to acknowledge his assistance, I promised to post it. lol
Being into photography, I agree w/your hubby - that''s a stunning photo from an ''artsy'' point of view.

NICELY done on the bracelet - YUM!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)

Okay, as mentioned, here are the details of the small aforementioned issue with the bracelet...

I ordered a custom size (6 3/8 inches, vs the usual 7) since I have small wrists, and like my jewelry to fit snugly.

The bracelet I received is 0.5 inches too long (ie: very close to 7 inches, instead of the 6 3/8 I ordered). Because I live in Canada, it''s not so easy to just ship the bracelet back to Wink in the US for sizing (ie: I don''t want to mess with Customs on that).

Also, there are only 50 stones in the 7" bracelet (when I was quoted to receive 53 stones in the 6 3/8 bracelet). Which I am a little concerned about. I am now wondering if the stones are indeed the 10pts Wink/I expected. They *look* to be about that size, but now I am doubting my judgement. Wink assures me the bracelet I received was indeed intended for me (I initially thought maybe it was someone else''s altogether). He is also confident his supplier used the correct stone size.

I think part of the problem was that Wink''s supplier was late finishing it...so late in fact, that the supplier sent the bracelet straight to my contact, meaning Wink never had a chance to see it (which he normally would). I think the recent big jewelry/stone show in Las Vegas had something to do with the delay. (And also, early on in the process, I almost changed my order, which did cause some confusion).

So, Wink and I need to figure out if I can get the bracelet sized here in Montreal. He would be comfortable doing so (and reimbursing me for it) if the jeweler is reputable, and the price reasonable. I am also thinking I might now also need someone to verify the stone size for me also (I don''t have a micrometer!)

For the sizing, I was thinking of the (evil) Birks, I know they have a professional working for them.

Let me know if anyone out there has any proposed solutions to my issues...

Anne

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, I adore that watch!!

Second, the bracelet looks beautiful. A really great size on your wrist. Very nice. You sure have had a blingtastic week!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/15/2007 10:42:31 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)

Okay, as mentioned, here are the details of the small aforementioned issue with the bracelet...

I ordered a custom size (6 3/8 inches, vs the usual 7) since I have small wrists, and like my jewelry to fit snugly.

The bracelet I received is 0.5 inches too long (ie: very close to 7 inches, instead of the 6 3/8 I ordered). Because I live in Canada, it''s not so easy to just ship the bracelet back to Wink in the US for sizing (ie: I don''t want to mess with Customs on that).

Also, there are only 50 stones in the 7'' bracelet (when I was quoted to receive 53 stones in the 6 3/8 bracelet). Which I am a little concerned about. I am now wondering if the stones are indeed the 10pts Wink/I expected. They *look* to be about that size, but now I am doubting my judgement. Wink assures me the bracelet I received was indeed intended for me (I initially thought maybe it was someone else''s altogether). He is also confident his supplier used the correct stone size.

I think part of the problem was that Wink''s supplier was late finishing it...so late in fact, that the supplier sent the bracelet straight to my contact, meaning Wink never had a chance to see it (which he normally would). I think the recent big jewelry/stone show in Las Vegas had something to do with the delay. (And also, early on in the process, I almost changed my order, which did cause some confusion).

So, Wink and I need to figure out if I can get the bracelet sized here in Montreal. He would be comfortable doing so (and reimbursing me for it) if the jeweler is reputable, and the price reasonable. I am also thinking I might now also need someone to verify the stone size for me also (I don''t have a micrometer!)

For the sizing, I was thinking of the (evil) Birks, I know they have a professional working for them.

Let me know if anyone out there has any proposed solutions to my issues...

Anne
Yes, with the order being cancelled once, the stones released back into the market, then having to restart while the original person I was working with was already gone to Vegas, having to get new stones of the same size and quality of the first batch, somewhere along the line the 6 3/8 length got lost. Naturally this had to happen with someone not in this country where it would be easy to fix...

We will of course make it right. One of the issues with the hand assembled bracelets is that we "think" we know how many stones it will take, but it seems it always takes one to three stones more or less than we estimate. If we were just buying finished findings we could know exactly, but hand assembled just seems to be a different story. Now that we have made one of this size we know what it will be, for this size...

Wink

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looooove your watch, it''s so beautiful!!! i''d love to have one like it!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG Anne...where to start????

Your bracelet is just gorgeous...that''s a given. Well done!
36.gif
But the watch!!
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it blows me away!!!

Finally I think you have the most beautiful hand I''ve ever seen around these parts...you should be a hand model!

Thanks for sharing....

widget

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it all! Beautiful
36.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Widget, I''m blushing!! Those compliments coming from you, the Queen of Gorgeous Antique Jewelry! I have admired your many pieces the whole time I''ve been on PS. Thank you! For the watch...initially, I was looking for one with a metal bracelet, but in the end found this one with a grey cord (but metal clasp of course). It''s worked out great... the cord doesn''t cut into my skin like metal would (since I wear it so tightly).

As far as the hand compliments, thank you! I *will* admit to working on maintaining my nail polish... I do it once a week (Sunday night fun!) and then often wear gloves when doing housework, or playing outside with my toddler, etc. My nails started weakening in my early twenties...since then, I''ve always applied a thin layer of Vaseline (and let it absorb a few minutes) before applying the basecoat. Sorry if this is TMI. :)

A little update on the "small issue" with the tennis bracelet length, etc. I got ahold of a micrometer (thanks, EGM), and each stone is exactly 3mm in diameter (so, 50 stones x 10 pts each = 5 ctw). I am also happy to report that I just spoke to Wink... he is looking for a reputable local benchperson through a network he knows of, and hopefully will find someone soon to do it at a reasonable cost.

I am a fully happy camper now. Will post further updates when the issue is fully resolved in case anyone is following and wants to know. BTW, Wink continues to be great throughout! I know it cannot be easy to have to keep answering the phone, knowing "that customer" is calling again with some issue/question. ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone,

Anne

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bracelet is beautiful! Your watch is to die for!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, I love the bracelet...just love it, the stones are just the perfert size...*sigh* yet another item to be added to the wish list..

oh and love the watch too..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, the bracelet is a stunner. And the watch?? God I love that watch!!! Your hubby takes great pics!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The watch is beautiful. . . do you mind telling us more please.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/15/2007 5:05:35 PM

I am a fully happy camper now. Will post further updates when the issue is fully resolved in case anyone is following and wants to know. BTW, Wink continues to be great throughout! I know it cannot be easy to have to keep answering the phone, knowing ''that customer'' is calling again with some issue/question. ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone,

Anne
LOL! Any time I quit liking to talk to my clients then it will be time to retire. I always feel that it is how you handle "issues" that says whether or not you are doing a good job. You are always pleasant and entertaining to talk with anyway, so I always look forward to your calls.

I am 60 now, so I figure I have about fifteen or twenty good years left before they make me put away my microscope and take away my ASET...

Wink

Wink

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous bracelet and watch! Wow, new bracelet and earrings...and a husband who helps take photos of your jewelry! What a lucky girl!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love your stunning new bracelet and I''m glad all the details are being worked out! Your watch is also very lovely and special. And those earrings in your other thread are incredible in that eight prong setting. You have some fantastic jewelry there!!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments everyone! And Wink, for the positive comments too.

Skippygirl - here are a few more details on that watch.

It''s from the Art Deco period, with a platinum case, set with ~1.5 carats of single-cut round diamonds (plus those 2 little baguettes). I have never had the diamond weight verified...IMO, it''s possible it''s less than 1.5. The diamonds were sold to me as G color, VS1. I do find them quite white actually. The clasp (not shown) is 14kt WG. I do not know the maker.

The watch is of course totally mechanical, and does work pretty well. It needs winding every morning and and its time adjusted every few days or so (it gets itself a few minutes behind). I found an excellent antique watch repairperson in Montreal - he serviced it once shortly after I bought it and it''s been fine since. I bought it in New York. All the antique jewelers here in Montreal waaaaay overprice their stuff!! One of them saw it one time while I was browsing in their shop and tried to buy it and I was like "no way!!"

Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

Anne

PS - Almost all of my jewelry I have paid for myself. The tennis bracelet was purchsed with an unexpected management bonus from last winter, and the earrings with my tax refund (usually I sock that away, but this time I went nuts, lol) I kind of like "earning" my own things (although I wouldn''t refuse a Sugar Daddy either, that''s for sure ;-)

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and very elegant. And yes, you have great hands for diamonds!!!!! Great work WINK!!!!

MWG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just LOVE your collection. The watch is really cool. The new tennis bracelet is very very nice looking. And I just LOVE your wedding set.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, its absolutely exquisite. You must be very very happy.

Its beautiful. Does it feel too blingy for everyday wear?

I ended going back to the jeweller with my new necklace and asking him to make a detachment for the main stone so I could wear it alone on a chain for everyday wear. I didn''t do this in the first place because he assured me it wouldn''t be too blingy.

What size would you go up to next?

I''m still in pursuit of mine ...

I visited the jeweller yesterday and he quoted me USD 6274 for 54 9 pointers set in four claw or roughly the same set in 3 claws. F/G vs color and clarity. If I want to upgrade in future I will lose 25% of the purchase price of the original bracelet.

I have no idea whether that is a reasonable deal! Your advice would be appreciated.

The 9 pointers for me are just about falling into the too blingy for everyday wear category for me.

When I wear my necklace as 1 piece, I find people say hello looking at my necklace and not my eyes. It makes me really uncomfortable. For goodness sake, I''m not wearing the crown jewels. Its ridiculous that I wore my necklace yesterday and had to wear only an eternity band to "bling it down".

So now I''m wondering whether I should upgrade my .90 ttcw earrings to 1.60ttcw instead of getting a tennis bracelet.

twigski

Rough_Rock
Anne H,
I have been lurking for a few days but I had to post to let you know how FAB your watch is! I''m in the process of shopping for my E-ring but some how I started looking at antique diamond watches for the last few weeks. When I saw this post I was like
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!! This is exactly what I''m looking for! I was looking at the gold link but how does the ribbon cord feel, is it comfortable?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the bracelet and watch together. NICE! My question is--- when wearing a diamond bracelet with the watch for everyday- does one need to worry about the bracelet scratching or cosmetically damaging the watch? I know many people wear this combo- but I was told that the wrong bracelet will really scratch the sides of a watch. What do experts think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure the bracelet has the potential to scratch a watch. But perhaps that watch has enough of a design that it won''t show scratches.

Anne, I love your bracelet! Mine also has 10 pointers but they aren''t set quite as close together as yours. I really like yours better but I''ll have to withstand the urge of having it redone! Lol!

I just wanted to ask what the setting is on your rings. They are so beautiful, too!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, I was on vacation (yay!)

Sparkles - I''m so glad you finally saw my thread! You expressed a lot of interest throughout and I know you were thinking of something similar for yourself. Let me answer your questions...

Too blingy for daily wear? = Not to me! It *is* blingy, especially on my small frame, but I don''t find it overly so. I would wear my "ensemble" (e-ring, band, watch, bracelet and diamond studs) daily to work, etc. But that''s the max...I couldn''t add even one more piece. I wouldn''t feel "balanced".

Size to upgrade to? = Hmmm, I was thinking maybe .25 stones someday. But I''m really happy with the .10 for now.

The combo/price/upgrade policy you shared doesn''t sound out of line to me, but it also depends on the quality of the cut in the stones supplied. If they are F/G, but poorly cut, it doesn''t help much! What about trying Wink? My bracelet is from him, and I''m happy with it.

Upgrading to earrings vs bracelet = Yes, always a good option. But I love a bracelet because I can always see it and enjoy it!

Twiski - Glad you like the watch. The cord is not quite ribbon...more like a tubular shoelace (woven fibers of some sort). It feels fine. Better than metal or leather, IMO.

Green - The watch and bracelet fit so snugly they should never be casually rubbing against each other (or if so, not for long). The bracelet is 18k WG, and the watch platinum...so I am not sure what would scratch what? Also, the watch being antique, has some degree of very minor surface scratches already, so I''m not too worried. I''ll try it and see how it goes.

Diamond Seeker - The e-ring setting and band were both by Leigh of Antique Engagement Rings (www.antiqueengagementrings.com) His prices are very competative, but...you get what you pay for (ie: the workmanship was not stellar). It''s good for now though (until upgrade time, lol).

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, 2 more thoughts:

1. Sparkles - the pricing you shared may be more expensive than what you could get with some PS vendors here. I ended up having to track all my quotes in a spreadsheet to keep tabs on who offered what for how much.

2. The bracelet still needs to be sized, so *will* be quit snug (a la the watch). What you see in the photos is the bracelet at a standard length, which I find far too large.

A.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results