shape
carat
color
clarity

Arg! So close, yet so far (my quest for the Perfect Tennis Bracelet)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I have posted a few times about tennis bracelets over the last few months. I have now done all my research.

I have determined which PS vendor can get me the best diamonds ("best" being defined as my personal preferred balance of cost, size and quality). However, this vendor offers only 1 or 2 setting choices in the 4-prong 18k WG or platinum category (which is what I am after). The styles werent quite right for me.

So now I am stuck. I did find one setting I liked very much, with another vendor, but they wont sell it to me separately. My vendor of choice *is* willing to set someone elses setting with their own stones, so that wont be an issue.

Any ideas on what I might do at this point? Ive been poring over the internet for companies that might A. make a setting I like and B. sell it on its own, but have so far found nothing.

Open to any advice...

Anne

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
maybe post some pics of a style that you like so people can do some research for you?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good idea, JHK, thanks.

Here''s the setting I always liked the most. What I like:

- Not too boxy
- Small prongs
- Stones set closely together
- Is a classic "line" bracelet, but you can still tell the stones are round (some settings are so boxy and clunky the stones almost look square)
- The setting is only 3.2mm tall (off the skin) > I like shallow settings best
- I really like the underside also > nice linking
- Cute clasp

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here it is.

SP_brac1.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another view

SP_brac2.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m interested in stones ~10 pts each. Stones in the bracelet pictured are 5pts each.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Anne. Sorry to hear you are stuck on your project. That looks like a Facets bracelet - what''s wrong with ordering from them?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you look at Wink''s bracelets? He has done some beauties!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, let me just give the facts plainly. :)

Yes, the setting I like best is from The Facets Collection | Signed Pieces (ie: the pics I just posted). However, Wink has the best prices for the diamonds (for what I want anyways). SP will not sell me the setting by itself, and would charge a lot more for the finished piece than Wink is quoting me for the same CTW (granted, SPs quoted stones are of a higher color & clarity, but cut and size are also concerns for me).

I was also seriously considering WhiteFlash (Bob gave excellent service during the quotation process, btw), but the stones were smaller than Winks for a similar price (but were higher color and clarity, and also ACA, so I understand why). Also, Wink says he will allow a future trade-in of the bracelet should I wish to upgrade it, and no one else I contacted would do that. Although WhiteFlash would allow returns on custom lengths (which mine will be), and nobody else would consent to that.

Whew, all that to say...I liked Winks pricing best for the stones (for me anyways), and SP for the setting. But now I am stuck because SP will not sell the setting alone and I cannot find a setting similar to theirs to have Wink set his stones in...

Will gratefully accept any advice, tips or suggestions,

Anne

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Anne. Sounds like you have to make a decision - either pay a little more for the Facets bracelet, or get the less expensive bracelet from Wink.

As you know, I have a 7-carat bracelet from Facets - the diamonds are all premium-ideal cuts, G-H color, VS clarity. The bracelet is stunning. I think part of the reason it is so striking is because of the delicacy of the setting.

If it were me, I''d pay a little more for the more appealing setting and better color/clarity diamonds.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just interested to know what decision you made with your tennis bracelet....

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Sparkles,

Thanks for following up. I was planning to update this thread only after receiving my finished piece, but since you asked now, here is the latest...

In the end, I decided to go with the largest stones for the price (although slightly lower color/clarity), which was with Wink. Although I did like the Signed Pieces setting the best, in the end I chose Wink''s hand-assembled 4-prong basket setting, which was much prettier (although slightly more expensive) than his machine-assembled setting. I believe the hand-assembled setting I chose is the same as cflutist''s (although hers was yellow gold (I think) and MUCH larger ;-), mine will be 18k white gold).

Both Signed Pieces'' and Whiteflash''s 4-prong settings were ~3mm tall, but Winks will be ~4mm. I *do* much prefer shallow settings, but in this case I decided I would have to compromise (for the larger stones / better price).

So, I should get my bracelet in a few weeks. When I do, I''ll be sure to post pics for all those interested! :)

BTW, Wink has been amazing with his customer service and email response times.

Anne

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anne I''m happy you came to a decision about this - I just know the bracelet from Wink is going to be a knockout. I hope the time flies for you and I look forward to seeing your beautiful creation!!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2007 1:43:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I just know the bracelet from Wink is going to be a knockout.
I second this. I am still hoping to buy my diamonds from Wink, if not my setting. If I ever get my tennis bracelet :).

Deborah
34.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ann. Wink has a fabulous reputation so you should be very pleased. Is he using hearts and arrows diamonds? I remember reading somewhere that they were well cut.

Did you say that wink was willing to upgrade the diamonds but not the setting at a later date?

I''m probably one of the many here that have a tennis bracelet on their wishlist. Even though I love love love WF - I just don''t want to be a slave to f/g color and vvs clarity hearts and arrows at 10pts.

Wonder if starryeyed would chime in here - goodness knows girl you have enough ice to fill a champagne bucket....hehehe

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Sparkles,

Ah, so you are on a quest of your own! Let me see if I can help you further (digging up my research spreadsheet).

Okay, with Wink I''m getting 53 10pt stones (a custom length, I have small wrists). The stones will be G/H SI1 "very well cut Israeli stones". He said some stones may show H&A, but he couldn''t guarantee it (and I was fine with that).

Wink was the only vendor who would allow me to upgrade a tennis bracelet. He told me he''d apply the full purchase price towards the upgrade, but the upgrade would have to be for stones of same/better quality, and cost at least 75% more than the original bracelet. I''m okay with that. Would be a few years away anyways. ;-)

I''ll be receiving the bracelet around mid-June, if you want to wait and see what the finished piece looks like, to help you in your decision making process.

Take care,

Anne

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I just popped into an internet cafe to read ps....hopeless. Have you received your tennis bracelet yet? Waiting with baited breath..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 5:41:01 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Anne. Sounds like you have to make a decision - either pay a little more for the Facets bracelet, or get the less expensive bracelet from Wink.

As you know, I have a 7-carat bracelet from Facets - the diamonds are all premium-ideal cuts, G-H color, VS clarity. The bracelet is stunning. I think part of the reason it is so striking is because of the delicacy of the setting.

If it were me, I'd pay a little more for the more appealing setting and better color/clarity diamonds.
Anne,
Is it here yet????

Starry,
Thanks to you, I popped into Facets to look at their tennis bracelets!
2.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

I am supposed to receive it tomorrow (Thurs June 14). I will try to take pics for everyone interested ASAP, probably that night or that weekend.

I know, hard to wait!! But I appreciate everyone''s interest in my project, and hope that the details of my journey helps someone else with theirs...

Can''t wait to see it,

Anne

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anne I can''t wait to see your bracelet!!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone,

Okay, the long-awaiting bracelet is here, and I have pics to share! Hope it''s not too many (ie: pic spam). :) If you have any questions about the piece or my journey in obtaining it, feel free to post here and I will do my best to reply promptly. I did a lot of research before choosing this item, so if you''re on a similar journey, I''m more than happy to assist.

My antique diamond and platinum watch shows in many of the photos, because I almost always wear it, and do plan to wear the two pieces together most of the time. I am left-handed, and can''t stand the feeling of jewelry on my right hand (that''s why you''ll see everything together on my left hand).

BTW, there was a small issue with the bracelet, which I am currently working out with Wink and his supplier. Will post more details on what''s happening with that shortly.

Anne

PS - I also just received some 1.21 ctw diamond stud earrings (8-prong martini) from Whiteflash, will post those shortly in a separate thread.

anne_tennis_bracelet.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another pic

anne_tennis_all3.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s a semi-fuzzy pic of the bracelet worn without the watch, for the purists out there. ;-)

anne_tennis_alone.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A pic taken with flash, it''s not so great, but show a little fire/sparkles in the bracelet. Also a bit of the side view.

anne_tennis_flash.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, last pic in this series. My husband was the photographer, and he loved this photo (I didn''t, it shows some small scratches on the face of my watch), but to acknowledge his assistance, I promised to post it. lol

anne_tennis_watch_zoom.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, for those interested, I''ve posted the martini stud earrings in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-1-21-ctw-8-prong-martini-diamond-studs-from-whiteflash.63833/

Anne

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! lovely bracelet and watch.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your tennis bracelet is beautiful! Congratulations!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely and beautiful combo!!!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s all beautiful.
36.gif
I''m drooling over the watch.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results