shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading early posts on this thread is incredibly interesting. How naive and optimistic we all were! And who could EVER have guessed it would blow up like this?!

Sending love and warm thoughts out to all those who have been affected - this is a truly rotten time in history. <3

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news today is that my first test was negative, and the first spit test was negative. So I'm now in the clear. Cool. I can also now get my flu shot.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good news today is that my first test was negative, and the first spit test was negative. So I'm now in the clear. Cool. I can also now get my flu shot.
awesome!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My area N. IL. is going back into more of a shutdown for the most part. 10 people max with social distancing and masks.
Restaurants and bars no inside service.
Hair dressers are allowed to stay open because the precautions they are taking are working.
More schools are going remote only.
A handful of restaurants are staying open with inside seating and just paying the fines.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My area N. IL. is going back into more of a shutdown for the most part. 10 people max with social distancing and masks.
Restaurants and bars no inside service.
Hair dressers are allowed to stay open because the precautions they are taking are working.
More schools are going remote only.
A handful of restaurants are staying open with inside seating and just paying the fines.

Stay safe up there. This winter is going to be quite telling. Everywhere is spiking currently.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back from my last study visit of the year, and I won't see them again until March 2021 unless I catch corona then all bets are off!
I will go back before then because I'll be dropping off some masks for those guys (they like every other medical facility runs low. The newly designed ones I have will at least allow them to be able to wear the masks without them slipping down and such.

This visit they took blood. 12 tubes of it. Why so much? I don't know! I'm going to assume they're taking lots because they're running a ridiculous amount of tests on it.

So now we wait and see. So, while THEY can't tell me, I can find out if I do in fact have antibodies, and will be doing a test this friday.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back from my last study visit of the year, and I won't see them again until March 2021 unless I catch corona then all bets are off!
I will go back before then because I'll be dropping off some masks for those guys (they like every other medical facility runs low. The newly designed ones I have will at least allow them to be able to wear the masks without them slipping down and such.

This visit they took blood. 12 tubes of it. Why so much? I don't know! I'm going to assume they're taking lots because they're running a ridiculous amount of tests on it.

So now we wait and see. So, while THEY can't tell me, I can find out if I do in fact have antibodies, and will be doing a test this friday.

Thank you again @Arcadian!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers are skyrocketing again in my area.
And whenever I have to go out, it's full of frail old people. They're usually extremely grumpy and aggressive and not wearing their masks properly. On multiple occasions old guys yelled at staffers for telling them off regarding their masks ( on CHIN!).

I DON'T GET IT.

Mask wearing age is 11 and older here. My 3 y/O does it without a problem for grocery shopping. Why can't an 85 y/o??

We're supposed to leave the pick-up and delivery slots for the vulnerable. Which I do. Yet they hobble around unmasked in huge shopping centers all day long.

Our president has explained it AGAIN AND AGAIN. It's not about you chosing : I'm old enough & OK if I die tomorrow.

People over 65 getting Covid have such a high hospitalization rate that it's them who overrun the health system.

Arghh. Frustrated. We are steering clear towards another total lockdown with that cr**py behavior.

Many many businesses will not survive.

I'm all for saving lives, but if the ones we're trying to protect don't cooperate it's all in vain.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are back in quarantine another two weeks, our older son tested positive this morning.
Monday he went to the walk-in with a sore throat, white spots on the throat, they tested for strep and COVID. No fever, the sore throat cleared up after a few days. His strep test is negative, they did both a short and long test. Now he is totally fine.

At this rate we will be in quarantine the rest of the year!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is too bad. I hope he improves quickly.

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Numbers are skyrocketing again in my area.
And whenever I have to go out, it's full of frail old people. They're usually extremely grumpy and aggressive and not wearing their masks properly. On multiple occasions old guys yelled at staffers for telling them off regarding their masks ( on CHIN!).

I DON'T GET IT.

Mask wearing age is 11 and older here. My 3 y/O does it without a problem for grocery shopping. Why can't an 85 y/o??

We're supposed to leave the pick-up and delivery slots for the vulnerable. Which I do. Yet they hobble around unmasked in huge shopping centers all day long.

Our president has explained it AGAIN AND AGAIN. It's not about you chosing : I'm old enough & OK if I die tomorrow.

People over 65 getting Covid have such a high hospitalization rate that it's them who overrun the health system.

Arghh. Frustrated. We are steering clear towards another total lockdown with that cr**py behavior.

Many many businesses will not survive.

I'm all for saving lives, but if the ones we're trying to protect don't cooperate it's all in vain.

My 91 year old aunt is stubborn as hell and insists on doing her own shopping because 'nobody else knows how to do it'

Her nickname is 'the general', I think that there is always going to be a portion of the population who is not compliant and unless we are willing to do the same as the Chinese government did and board people up in their own homes, we can't have 100% compliance.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just told me that per CDC guidelines he does not have to quarantine because he had a diagnosed case within the past three months. So at least he will be able to get groceries, the last time I ordered online they messed it up and I had no way of getting what I needed for the week :???:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We started to do partial in-office work but now it’s remote home again due to the spike in cases. Hope everyone is handling this well.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 91 year old aunt is stubborn as hell and insists on doing her own shopping because 'nobody else knows how to do it'

Her nickname is 'the general', I think that there is always going to be a portion of the population who is not compliant and unless we are willing to do the same as the Chinese government did and board people up in their own homes, we can't have 100% compliance.

Well , we're all in full on lockdown again from tonight 9p.m.
It's stricter than in the US, but softer than last time... (Non remote Working allowed, to not shut down the whime economy AGAIN)

:wall:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stricter than in the US, but softer than last time... (Non remote Working allowed, to not shut down the whime economy AGAIN)

Stay healthy and safe Kipari!!! I'm lighting a candle for you.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay healthy and safe Kipari!!! I'm lighting a candle for you.

Thank you Sharon! One day I'll have my nest candle! I'm enjoying byredo burning atm... Big order from Rituals on the way. Gotta make your home as comfy as possible...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Everyone is stricter than the USA. Other countries are being much smarter IMO to be cautious and safe. 9PM isn't early for me haha. I am generally zonked out before 9PM. :)

Big order from Rituals on the way. Gotta make your home as comfy as possible...

Stay safe and be well and enjoy making your home comfy cozy. It is our castle under the best of times and certainly during these challenging times. A safe haven.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe and be well and enjoy making your home comfy cozy. It is our castle under the best of times and certainly during these challenging times. A safe haven.

Thank you sweet missy!
And yes, I am acutely aware of the fact how blessed we are that our home is a safe haven of love & family coziness.

I am truly worried, as I was last time, for all those who aren't as fortunate. Especially children locked up with unspeakable human scum creatures.
It makes me desperate.

This is why I fully support the decision to keep schools open under all circumstances. Our First Lady is a wise woman and excellent teacher and her husband values her opinion. It shows in the decisions that are made. I AM grateful for this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our schools are open and we already have a confirmed case.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD tested positive today :((

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well damn! I hope hers will be minor symptoms only @Bonfire

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @chrono! She’s feeling very sick. I appreciate the well wishes.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your daughter @Bonfire, I hope she recovers quickly and without lasting effects.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry to hear about your daughter @Bonfire . I hope she feels better soon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday, there was one reported case in school.
Today marks the second reported case in school.

Don't know why the school remains open to in-person instruction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results