shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian..When will you get your results back? I’m crossing fingers and toes it’s nothing serious. I’m sure there’s lots of other bugs going around too...not only Covid...:pray:

When snow birds return they do bring their germs with them...lol Its about that time of year (though some never left not much surprise there)

Tomorrow is day 3, so by day 5 is the first time (Monday 10-26) then by the next time would technically be day 7( Wed 10-28 ) As long as its 2 negatives in a row I'm cleared. So basically in quarantine, which means everything must be delivered to the house.

You know what? I want some earrings :lol: At this point I just may go ahead and get them!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, Buy the earrings! You deserve them!!! Sending you dust and hoping this will be a regular seasonal virus.

@MamaBee , I haven’t held the baby. I just held his little foot for a few minutes (Believe me, I know I should have held him). I‘ve been overly cautious with this virus. It was announced yesterday that the numbers are spiking in the county I live in and they are tightening restrictions this Friday. I hate not being able to hug my family but am grateful I’ve been able to see them. It was such happy news to hear you are going to hold your new grandson and Jackson!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When snow birds return they do bring their germs with them...lol Its about that time of year (though some never left not much surprise there)

Tomorrow is day 3, so by day 5 is the first time (Monday 10-26) then by the next time would technically be day 7( Wed 10-28 ) As long as its 2 negatives in a row I'm cleared. So basically in quarantine, which means everything must be delivered to the house.

You know what? I want some earrings :lol: At this point I just may go ahead and get them!

Yassss. Get the earrings!!!
You deserve them. You really do.
I hope you’re feeling all better very soon ❤️

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DD1 is sick this week, which is alarming. She had a covid test today. Her main symptom was double ear infections which she still gets as an adult. She's on meds for that. Hoping all is negative. We all live together, so it would be a disaster. She does live in our basement suite, so a bit of separation. I have an infusion tomorrow and can't risk anything. Hopefully she gets her results in the morning.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes! Definitely buy the earrings! Do you have a pic? :bigsmile:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DD1 is sick this week, which is alarming. She had a covid test today. Her main symptom was double ear infections which she still gets as an adult. She's on meds for that. Hoping all is negative. We all live together, so it would be a disaster. She does live in our basement suite, so a bit of separation. I have an infusion tomorrow and can't risk anything. Hopefully she gets her results in the morning.

Oh crap :shock: :cry2: Very sorry about this! Glad you have SOME separation (she's wearing a mask around you right?)

The sad is you have to treat every little sniffle, headache, fever, throat scratch like its suspect (it gets old quick!) Not a great way to live. I'm hopeful that she will not be positive and that its just general fall crud.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh @lyra...Please make sure she stays away from you..and wears a mask. I hope very much it’s negative..

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, Sending lots of healing dust your daughter’s way. Hopefully it’s a normal ear infection. It’s completely understandable that you are worried. Can everyone in your family wear a mask until she gets her test results. Please take good care of yourself Lyra. Hugs, Callie.

The sad is you have to treat every little sniffle, headache, fever, throat scratch like its suspect (it gets old quick!) Not a great way to live.

I hope you are feeling a little better @Arcadian. Your comment above is so true.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@lyra sending you and your family bucketloads of good wishes and hoping your DD doesn't have Covid 19 and that your family remains well.

No, I haven't picked out the stones yet...lol

Oooh the anticipation is delightful. Perhaps start a thread? I cannot wait to see what you choose. Your taste is exquisite. :love:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's getting better. And yes, we have good separation. I stay in my room on the second floor, she's in the basement. I have no symptoms, neither does anyone else, so far so good.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this on FB this morning. I don't know if this person's stats are legit but it's food for thought.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.04.37 AM.png

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Just as a small, slightly depressing update, the two people in my household who have had it no longer have antibodies six months on. Not sure what that means for herd immunity...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaaron I think we're aiming for an annual vaccine at this point. Maybe a cure down the line, I don't know.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just as a small, slightly depressing update, the two people in my household who have had it no longer have antibodies six months on. Not sure what that means for herd immunity...

oooo this is not good! I think there's was some suspicion this could happen and looks like it might be true :cry2:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the vaccine will need to be given every six months, if antibodies only last 6 months.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m p
I wonder if the vaccine will need to be given every six months, if antibodies only last 6 months.

I heard that some of the vaccine candidates would require two shots. One was supposedly in the works that would only require one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m p

I heard that some of the vaccine candidates would require two shots. One was supposedly in the works that would only require one.

I don't remember who had the single shot, but moderna certainly didn't! I believe that Pfizer, Moderna and possibly Johnson& Johnson will have emergency use permission in december. So pretty much on schedule I should think. AstraZenica I thought was the one shot vaccine. Not sure if they've started back up in the states.

The study I'm in uses mRNA which I think are actually pretty interesting.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/mrna-vaccines-covid-19-180975330/

Regardless, I think all the drug companies that will be distributing in the US are well aware of the hot button climate and will proceed cautiously. (if they don't it could take them pretty good)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't remember who had the single shot, but moderna certainly didn't! I believe that Pfizer, Moderna and possibly Johnson& Johnson will have emergency use permission in december. So pretty much on schedule I should think. AstraZenica I thought was the one shot vaccine. Not sure if they've started back up in the states.

The study I'm in uses mRNA which I think are actually pretty interesting.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/mrna-vaccines-covid-19-180975330/

Regardless, I think all the drug companies that will be distributing in the US are well aware of the hot button climate and will proceed cautiously. (if they don't it could take them pretty good)

Johnson and Johnson is in phase 3 of testing of the one shot vaccine.

The use of mRNA is really interesting...I didn‘t realize that was the study you were in. When was your last shot? How are you feeling today? Do you still have a fever? Sorry for all the questions..lol I find this so fascinating.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Johnson and Johnson is in phase 3 of testing of the one shot vaccine.

The use of mRNA is really interesting...I didn‘t realize that was the study you were in. When was your last shot? How are you feeling today? Do you still have a fever? Sorry for all the questions..lol I find this so fascinating.

Well see there you go, I knew somebody had a one shot but not who...lol

I'm not too bad, It feels more like case of the cruds than anything exotic. My fever is pretty low grade (99.4) And I just have a general feeling of blah. The weather is adding to it with all the stupid rain of course!) So now its taking meticulous notes (as much as I can) and we wade through all this.

I am taking vit C, about 2 grams a day since the first fever which I'm tolerating which is telling me something is going on (I usually can't take that much!). I've already been taking vit D, but I've done that for years and so got plenty running around my system., Ive been taking NAC for a very long time (Its expensive but worth taking)

My next home visit is tomorrow. temperature, give them the spit sample and they'll check my lungs.
My last shot was September 29. I detailed it in this thread that I had a particularly bothersome event but outside of that, nada. That could also mean I got placebo of which no one knows as its double blind (FAIK all the studies in the US use a saline control, but the Oxford study got a meningitis vaccine as their control :shock:)

I asked if I would be told if I got antibodies and the official answer is a big fat NO.:lol: I'd have to go find out on my own. I'm not sure I wanna know right now.

Pretty sure I said how much the compensation was, but its 1500.00US for the 2 years I'll be poked, prodded, and things stuck up my nose....lol You do not see that until the end of the study which I'm fine with as I'm doing it because this is science and a need to do, the money is being donated.

this is the saliva test kit. Its pretty involving!
20201022_181240[1].jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter got her covid test back today, negative. She just got tested yesterday, so great turnaround atm.

I’m so happy for you and your daughter @lyra!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not been on-line enough to keep up with the news about everyone. I am so sorry to hear that there has been illness in so many members' families. I am terrified about the progression of the pandemic. I try to take precautions, but the climbing numbers are a reality. I send good wishes to everyone here.

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results