shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , just saw this today. Sorry to hear the news, but happy that symptoms are mild. The good news is that you can get through this and most likely have the gift of future immunity. Sending good thoughts and good wishes your way.

(I've also heard that new bling is a very effective remedy for the emotional toll that this illness can take on those of us that are attracted to bright, shiny objects. Just saying...)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there @YadaYadaYada . I’m so glad to hear your husband has mild symptoms and you and your sons are doing well. Looking at bling is a great distraction for the spouse annoyance syndrome. LOL. I wish I could send you some chocolate.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A good friend was saying that Wales is going on lockdown again. I read somewhere else that Ireland also had a big surge of cases.

And I'd been reading about Mink catching it and them having to basically cull them at the farms. its sad all the way around on this one.

It should hopefully change the fur trade for the better.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to catch up, @YadaYadaYada. I am so sorry to hear your husband has covid19 and that you are ill with something. Good thoughts and prayers are outgoing. We are all (your family and mine, I mean) in Connecticut. This is the promised fall surge. I am frightened! I hope your children stay well.

Hugs,
Deb

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, Scotland, England, NI Ireland and Wales are all taking slightly different approaches. Across Scotland there is no visiting anyone in their homes, max group of 6 people outside and masks mandatory just about everywhere unless you are sitting to eat or work. In the central belt, cafes must close by 6pm and bars and restaurants closed altogether. I believe Wales are going for a full two week lockdown and trying to prevent people from hotspot areas crossing the border. In one part of England the mayor is resisting stricter measures without more government (financial) support. It's all going to end in tears.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tartansparkles, concur with you that it will end in tears.

My county in England is currently in Tier 3, however, one of the towns about 17 miles away had been a hot spot under the government's watchful eyes, and I am avoiding it except to go there for my monthly hair cut.

I fully expect tighter measures to come into force as we progress into winter.

I have had my flu jab as I have an underlying condition that puts me in the vulnerable category.

My home town has already sent out communications with regard to the possibility of re-starting their C19 support group that was set up during the onset of national lockdown in March 2020 (disbanded in August when the restrictions started to ease) with a modified name, and requested for the volunteers to be on standby.

Amid all the negativity for tougher local lockdowns imposed in the northern hot spots such as Liverpool etc., in the past 48h or so, there had been reports of one close relative of a government official in Liverpool had died of C19; and a MP in Bolton has been diagnosed with C19.

If people still think C19 is nothing but a serious case of flu, then be afraid, be very afraid!

DK :roll2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. Husband is still doing relatively well but he has moments of gastro troubles. I am having a tough time with my stomach, no fever but a small minority of those affected do not get a fever.

Hubby’s employee tested positive yesterday so although I haven’t been tested (or the kids) it’s pretty much a guarantee we have it.

Something interesting I read yesterday is an infected person can have a nasal swab come back negative but a fecal sample come back positive if the infection is in the stomach. Just trying to keep the fluid intake up at this point.

Have any other PS’ers gotten COVID? I have been following along with the threads but I can’t remember.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, thanks for the update, I've been thinking about you too. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and I really hope both you and your dh are feeling better soon. Take good care. <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada In relieved your husband is still doing okay other than the gastro issues. I never heard that about if you have Covid is in stomach the nasal swab will be negative.
My son had it but it was all respiratory. He also ran a fever and slept 22 hours out of 24. I think he is older than you..45..He still has lingering issues with getting winded when he exerts himself.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada In relieved your husband is still doing okay other than the gastro issues. I never heard that about if you have Covid is in stomach the nasal swab will be negative.
My son had it but it was all respiratory. He also ran a fever and slept 22 hours out of 24. I think he is older than you..45..He still has lingering issues with getting winded when he exerts himself.

He’s not older by much....I am 41 and if I’m being honest not in the best shape being overweight. I’m so sorry your son is suffering long term effects, I hope it gets better with time.

I’m planning on having a conversation with DH tonight about the upcoming holidays, my SIL (his sister) is planning on visiting and she believes taking a rapid test will be good enough even though her state is on our advisory list. However the rapid tests are not always reliable and she could get a false negative. I casually mentioned this to DH this morning and he said everyone is using the rapid tests:roll2: Part of me thinks we will be on lockdown anyways but I’m not convinced that would deter her.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay hydrated! That's especially important with GI problems.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He’s not older by much....I am 41 and if I’m being honest not in the best shape being overweight. I’m so sorry your son is suffering long term effects, I hope it gets better with time.

I’m planning on having a conversation with DH tonight about the upcoming holidays, my SIL (his sister) is planning on visiting and she believes taking a rapid test will be good enough even though her state is on our advisory list. However the rapid tests are not always reliable and she could get a false negative. I casually mentioned this to DH this morning and he said everyone is using the rapid tests:roll2: Part of me thinks we will be on lockdown anyways but I’m not convinced that would deter her.
It’s hard...The rapid tests aren’t that accurate..The nasal swabs when they come back negative aren’t even that accurate. If it’s positive that’s more accurate. My own husband still thinks if he wears a cloth mask he is protected. He’s been working through the whole thing. It’s scary because of my age, etc. I want to go on a deserted island with my family until this gets under control.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I hear you about the island, hey maybe a bonus is you would find some buried treasure with a nice big diamond in there. One can dream right?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I'm glad that things are going well with your husband. But Oh man...the employee?? Did it come from your husband or another source?

@MamaBee your husband has a long way to to go....lol Its a start though and at least he's wearing a mask which is better than nothing.

I go in tomorrow for my third face to face study visit.

The kicker; you all know how careful I am in the fact that anything that comes into the home is cleaned and so on. But, I had a fever of just over 100F last night and 99F today. :shock:

Doesn't mean I have covid, doesn't mean I don't have covid. It means I have a temperature, which could also be anything when it comes to me. I'm not terribly worried as I don't have many other symptoms from the list. However, I had to report the temp they're aware, and they've got me scheduled to come in early AM.

Testing will tell me one way or another.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, Oh no, I’m sorry you have a fever. Hopefully it will be nothing more than a normal seasonal bug. Please keep us updated. I admire how brave and selfless you are in joining a trial to help find a safe vaccine. There are times I read your posts and am in awe.

@YadaYadaYada , I’m sorry you and your husband are still not feeling well. Please take good care of yourself. When it comes to the holidays, you have time to make a decision. Please do what will make you feel comfortable. The end goal is keeping everyone safe. I know two people who have had the virus, both people are under 30. My nephew who is in great shape, works out regularly and eats well was sick for 10 days. He had a fever that was worse at night and was exhausted. The other person had no symptoms.

@MamaBee , I’m sorry Chris is still dealing with some side affects from the virus. I’ve only seen our family a few times, social distancing outside. It’s going to be a long winter. We are still having our groceries delivered and continue to wipe things down before bringing them inside. I’ve never found wiping things down an inconvenience. it literally only takes a few minutes. Please know you aren’t alone on how you view this. This whole thing has been scary. I’m so grateful for photos and videos.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, no way of knowing whether my husband gave it to him or if it came from elsewhere. However, they were riding in a vehicle together with no masks on either of them. Not smart, I don’t think either one was thinking to be honest and here we are! I am sorry you have a temp, I hope it doesn’t turn into anything more!

@Calliecake, it stinks because you know people get all kinds of undone about the holidays but hopefully DH will see my view and will be able to deal with his sister, she does not take things not going her way well so it will be a big deal no matter what:roll2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued good thoughts for @Arcadian and @YadaYadaYada and her DH. Sending you all bucketloads of healing dust.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Arcadian Oh no! I hope it’s just a benign bug...Please let us know how you do tomorrow morning..
Yes..My husband is clueless...I’ve said it before...The man is brilliant but lacking something..haha
@Calliecake Thank you...I‘m about to go wipe down some groceries..lol..but had to share some good news. I went to the doctor today for a checkup. She said I could hold my new grand baby. He’s going to be five months when I see him because I have some things coming up...I have to isolate from my husband for two weeks. Then I can visit my son and daughter-in-law and the boys. I can hold the baby and let Jackson hug me but I can’t hug my son or daughter-in-law. She said babies and young children under five are low risk.. not no risk...but she said it’s very low. November 14 I’ll be holding a very chunky baby. He weights 16 pounds now!:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee woohoo that’s amazing news!

had to share some good news. I went to the doctor today for a checkup. She said I could hold my new grand baby.

:appl:So happy for you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee , That’s the BEST news. I’m so happy for you!!! Thank you for sharing this happy news. I’m so glad you get to spend time with the baby and Jackson. The grow and change so much when they are little.

We visited my grandniece and grandnephew last week and social distanced outside. I was closer than 6 feet for a couple minutes. It‘s so much fun to see my little niece interact with her baby brother.

@YadaYadaYada , I understand about your SIL. I have a mom who doesn’t like it when things don’t go her way.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee , That’s the BEST news. I’m so happy for you!!! Thank you for sharing this happy news. I’m so glad you get to spend time with the baby and Jackson. The grow and change so much when they are little.

We visited my grandniece and grandnephew last week and social distanced outside. I was closer than 6 feet for a couple minutes. It‘s so much fun to see my little niece interact with her baby brother.

@YadaYadaYada , I understand about your SIL. I have a mom who doesn’t like it when things don’t go her way.

How old is your niece @Calliecake? That‘s nice you got to see them.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. Husband is still doing relatively well but he has moments of gastro troubles. I am having a tough time with my stomach, no fever but a small minority of those affected do not get a fever.

Hubby’s employee tested positive yesterday so although I haven’t been tested (or the kids) it’s pretty much a guarantee we have it.

Something interesting I read yesterday is an infected person can have a nasal swab come back negative but a fecal sample come back positive if the infection is in the stomach. Just trying to keep the fluid intake up at this point.

Have any other PS’ers gotten COVID? I have been following along with the threads but I can’t remember.

Thanks for the update. I’m sorry you guys are still sick. Do the kids have it too? How are they doing? If they aren’t sick, I hope they are doing ok with both parents sick.

That’s interesting about the virus being in the gut. I didn’t know that was a thing!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat the kids are not sick so far but they are probably asymptomatic, luckily we have a 13 year old and he can really help with the six year old. It’s hard for me to tell if my symptoms are COVID or weather because the weather keeps changing so drastically and that always makes me feel sick.

I’m not a doctor obviously but the gut thing is something I read online. COVID is such a spectrum virus!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I had to do home visit as they did not want to take a chance with me coming in. Temp today was 99.7 during the home visit. I was sweating but freezing cold, but being combined with an elevated temperature, they don't want to take chances.

FWIW, I do still occassionally have hot flashes...not often as I used to thankfully!!

Anyway they came to my house, did nasal swab, took blood and I have to do spit collection day 3, 5, 9, 14, and 21.

If negative by day 9, no need to continue collecting spit. During this time I will have to chart everything (Oxegen%, Temp, any ailments I might have no matter how slight).

They're not taking any chances by having me come in to the office (can't blame them there) and According to the nurse, they're seeing this quite a bit here, but par for the course!!) it could be some funky thing going around here thats not covid related, but they don't know unless they test to rule it out.

I otherwise feel pretty good. My lungs sounded great, I don't have any congestion. Of course, I don't know unless I test so I'm not going to guess but I'm hopeful its just a case of the cruds.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee , I have seven nieces and three nephews ranging in age from 30 to 18. Three grandnieces 6 years, 20 months, 18 months, and one grandnephew who is 2 months. Another baby is due to arrive next month. I can’t wait!

Thank you for updating us @YadaYadaYada. I’ve been thinking of you and sending healing dust your way. I hope you are all feeling well quickly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee , I have seven nieces and three nephews ranging in age from 30 to 18. Three grandnieces 6 years, 20 months, 18 months, and one grandnephew who is 2 months. Another baby is due to arrive next month. I can’t wait!

Thank you for updating us @YadaYadaYada. I’ve been thinking of you and sending healing dust your way. I hope you are all feeling well quickly.

You‘re so lucky to have them all in your life...I missed holding Noah as a newborn...I love that wobbly stage...Will you hold them? My doctor told me yesterday that Noah’s immune system is stronger now. She also said it would be very unlikely Noah and Jackson could give me Covid. I hope not!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I had to do home visit as they did not want to take a chance with me coming in. Temp today was 99.7 during the home visit. I was sweating but freezing cold, but being combined with an elevated temperature, they don't want to take chances.

FWIW, I do still occassionally have hot flashes...not often as I used to thankfully!!

Anyway they came to my house, did nasal swab, took blood and I have to do spit collection day 3, 5, 9, 14, and 21.

If negative by day 9, no need to continue collecting spit. During this time I will have to chart everything (Oxegen%, Temp, any ailments I might have no matter how slight).

They're not taking any chances by having me come in to the office (can't blame them there) and According to the nurse, they're seeing this quite a bit here, but par for the course!!) it could be some funky thing going around here thats not covid related, but they don't know unless they test to rule it out.

I otherwise feel pretty good. My lungs sounded great, I don't have any congestion. Of course, I don't know unless I test so I'm not going to guess but I'm hopeful its just a case of the cruds.

@Arcadian..When will you get your results back? I’m crossing fingers and toes it’s nothing serious. I’m sure there’s lots of other bugs going around too...not only Covid...:pray:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results