shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would share symptoms since they can vary and easily be mistaken for a flu or something else.

DH first had symptoms Friday:

Fever of 99.8
Chills
Upset stomach
Headache

These symptoms lasted for two days and then improved although the fever broke overnight. He felt well enough to do normal things around the house and work from home. Six days in he realized his sense of taste was diminished, we tested this by having him eat a scotch bonnet pepper and he was able to eat a good bit before getting any heat from it.

Now he has a cough, he woke up this morning with a clogged right ear. No fever or any other symptoms.

He was shocked when they told him it was COVID, we really thought it was just a passing flu or something else because we expected so much worse with his pre-existing health conditions.

Thanks for this. It really helps to hear real people accounts. How are YOU feeling so far?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for this. It really helps to hear real people accounts. How are YOU feeling so far?

I feel really tired and I have a cough but no fever so far, thanks for asking, I’m hoping this is it, fingers crossed.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of healing thoughts your way @YadaYadaYada and wishing you a speedy recovery.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina, I really appreciate the well wishes!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems That’s crazy! They should have also phoned you instead of having you come in and potentially expose someone else. The whole thing doesn’t make sense.

Exactly, they called her at home but not me, I think its in part because they don't have anyone to cover my job while I am out. Nevermind that others could get sick

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would share symptoms since they can vary and easily be mistaken for a flu or something else.

DH first had symptoms Friday:

Fever of 99.8
Chills
Upset stomach
Headache

These symptoms lasted for two days and then improved although the fever broke overnight. He felt well enough to do normal things around the house and work from home. Six days in he realized his sense of taste was diminished, we tested this by having him eat a scotch bonnet pepper and he was able to eat a good bit before getting any heat from it.

Now he has a cough, he woke up this morning with a clogged right ear. No fever or any other symptoms.

He was shocked when they told him it was COVID, we really thought it was just a passing flu or something else because we expected so much worse with his pre-existing health conditions.

So sorry, I hope he recovers quickly.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued well wishes to you and your family!!! And yassss to new bling!! Sick men are .... ... difficult!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued well wishes to you and your family!!! And yassss to new bling!! Sick men are .... ... difficult!!

Thank you, I am distracting myself from this turn of events with a possible brooch to ring conversion for our 15th anniversary in March!

What is it about sick men? Really they get a runny nose and it’s like they are dying:lol:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@YadaYadaYada when the friend of my DS tested positive he had no symptoms and although both parents developed symptoms neither of their children did. The kids are 12 and 14, if your kid(s) are around the same age it's possible that they'll sail right through it. Sorry to hear you and your DH are unwell, hope you start feeling better soon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing that @Tartansparkles, my kids are 6 and 13 so I’m hoping they don’t suffer any effects. I’m 99% sure that DH brought it home since he is going to work daily (even though he can do 99% of his job remotely, they have told him he can’t work from home). At least the kids and I aren’t at work/school, that saved a lot of people from exposure.

Thank you @Polabowla, so sorry to hear of your school troubles in the school venting thread, this is s very trying time to be a parent, student or teacher, I hope things get a little easier with time.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update @YadaYadaYada . I hope he recovers quickly. It is so strange how this virus can hit people so differently. I’m so glad to hear your husband hasn’t had any severe symptoms.

You have the best sense of humor!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Calliecake, things are no worse today for either of us so that’s good. I think it’s important to keep a sense of humor, no good getting stressed as it lowers the immune system ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I feel really tired and I have a cough but no fever so far, thanks for asking, I’m hoping this is it, fingers crossed.

I am praying for you, for your children and husband. G-d bless you all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly, they called her at home but not me, I think its in part because they don't have anyone to cover my job while I am out. Nevermind that others could get sick

@autumngems That’s so awful I don’t even know what to say..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada I‘m so sorry to hear you’re sick now. I’m hoping that because you’re young it will stay mild. How is your husband doing?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , I’m so sorry you are feeling sick too. I didn’t realize you were feeling sick until I read the above post by @MamaBee . Have you been tested? Please take good care of yourself. Sending dust and prayers to you and your family.

@autumngems , Can you stay home? The way they handled this is so wrong.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Musia for the well wishes and blessings!

@MamaBee and @Calliecake, to be honest it’s hard to tell if I’m sick from COVID because we had a drastic swing in weather here (from cold to hot) and that always makes me feel sick, today it is raining and I feel better, so maybe weather related. I haven’t been tested and the kids haven’t either.

@Ontheblackrock15, thanks for the well wishes!

Speaking with some relatives today they were surprised hubby seems to have a mild case, thankful but surprised. They kept asking and I had to keep repeating that we are really fine, the kids are fine too, we are just riding out the quarantine. Got my grocery order in and scheduled for tomorrow so that is a load off the mind. Lots of delivery slots available, CT has not had many cases so far thankfully.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems, I don’t even know what to say about your situation at work, it’s just totally unacceptable!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada dropping in to check on you and I’m glad you both are doing well!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results