shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're doing everything right @MamaBee he needs foods that make him heal and you're giving them to him. Praying and dust he continues to heal.

Thanks @bling_dream19 Chris was a marathon runner who ate very little carbs before Covid. He gained some weight just from boredom from isolation before he got Covid. He lives by himself. I haven’t seen him eat cookies or bread in years. He’s excited to get the fattening food. He said he’ll worry about it when Covid is over. I cook but don’t bake. I bought him packaged cookies. I did buy him salad fixings and fruit..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
trying to read the govt covid messages on the tv
the furry princess doesn't make a very good window :lol-2: 20200812_212552.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be fake news and over-dramatic, however, I read somewhere that Google inform their many employees to be prepared to work from home until next summer 2021!!!

DK :(2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read somewhere that Google inform their many employees to be prepared to work from home until next summer 2021!!!

My stepson works for Google and confirmed this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stepson works for Google and confirmed this.

I see no downside to this. If one can work from home effectively one should do so til this pandemic is over and/or a safe and successful vaccination exists.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be fake news and over-dramatic, however, I read somewhere that Google inform their many employees to be prepared to work from home until next summer 2021!!!

DK :(2

Yep. Most of the tech companies are. Microsoft confirmed through middle of January with anticipation of longer. Facebook is until next fall or beyond. I forget which one said two years. Most of what they do can be done from home. I'm hoping this becomes a permanent shift. Maybe not the mandatory buildings closed and access cards locked out, but at least work from home allowed for all who prefer.

DH's team spent almost a year passing a flu around not too many years back. Half the team or more was out at the worst of it. It got better when they moved back to individual offices from the open space, but it still spread pretty bad.

Many of these companies have people working all around the world. DH works on a team (software development) with a couple of people in Romania, a few in China, one (more?) in Turkey, Alaska, Texas, and Washington. I'm sure I am missing some! This is just the core team. With half or more of the team remote and all meetings virtual, it seems like sitting at a desk at home compared to in the company's building doesn't make much of a difference.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I would update about my sister. Her Covid test came back negative-yay!! and she is feeling much better. No clue what caused her high fever and night sweats, but glad it wasn't Covid. Reading through how long we will be dealing with this is rather depressing

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband works for a nationwide commercial HVAC company, they have zero plans of going back to the office. The company owners are medically frail and they will likely not go back until there is a vaccine.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought I would update about my sister. Her Covid test came back negative-yay!! and she is feeling much better. No clue what caused her high fever and night sweats, but glad it wasn't Covid. Reading through how long we will be dealing with this is rather depressing

This is truly excellent news. :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought we were through the worst of this. I hope we are and this was just a brief moment! DH was doing well enough that he made it through 4 hours/day of work (working from home) all last week. We were invited to get together with a friend, his 9 year old daughter, and one other. All being very cautious with little/no contact with anyone. Outside the whole time and keeping distance. Everything was wonderful! A few hours of just sitting around talking with people interested in the same hobby plus a chance to see what this friend is working on. DH had a blast! He looked almost normal.

I checked on him this morning before waking him up and his oxygen level was 88. This is after he stirred a bit and took a big breath so I don't know if it was lower than that even. He came up again as I got him to wake up and consciously breathe. So tired of this!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@TooPatient I’m happy you got out to visit with friends....I’m so sorry about your husband‘s oxygen level dropping again. It must be so draining for you since it’s been going on for five months...if I remember correctly. I’m tired of this and it’s been a little over three weeks...
Chris said yesterday that he’s feeling better...His energy level is still low but he said it’s improving. He only took his oximeter reading once yesterday. I got the feeling I’m starting to bug him. It was 96 so still in the normal range. I hope he doesn’t relax too much and keeps taking it..Maybe your husband‘s reading was a fluke. How many readings has he had since he woke up? I would have him lie down for a half hour and take it again. I feel so bad for both of you. Big hugs...You are a wonderful loving wife...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I’m happy you got out to visit with friends....I’m so sorry about your husband‘s oxygen level dropping again. It must be so draining for you since it’s been going on for five months...if I remember correctly. I’m tired of this and it’s been a little over three weeks...
Chris said yesterday that he’s feeling better...His energy level is still low but he said it’s improving. He only took his oximeter reading once yesterday. I got the feeling I’m starting to bug him. It was 96 so still in the normal range. I hope he doesn’t relax too much and keeps taking it..Maybe your husband‘s reading was a fluke. How many readings has he had since he woke up? I would have him lie down for a half hour and take it again. I feel so bad for both of you. Big hugs...You are a wonderful loving wife...

So glad your son is improving! That is great that his energy is coming back a bit and he is able to be bugged about anything. Believe it or not, that is when I knew DH was really getting a little better.

Almost at 6 months for us. DH got sick 2/29. I wish it was a fluke. He had slid down a bit on his pillow so flatter than he should be sleeping. I watched it at 88 for a bit then 89 as I got him to wake up then 92 as he sat for a few minutes. He really drops if he gets tired. Other things like dust or pollen seem to also impact the levels.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@TooPatient I just read this after searching if it was normal for the oximeter readings to drop while lying down. It seems like it is..
I just copied one post from a company that sells them. It’s a little cut off but you can still read it.
144E812D-4AFE-4CF6-A69C-79A2EEBB4648.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I just read this after searching if it was normal for the oximeter readings to drop while lying down. It seems like it is..
I just copied one post from a company that sells them. It’s a little cut off but you can still read it.
144E812D-4AFE-4CF6-A69C-79A2EEBB4648.jpeg

Yep! Good info!

I compare to previous days in same position. Usually 94-96. 93 on a bad day if slid down.

Also need to watch sunlight. Bright light affects the reading. Each hand can be a bit different too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep! Good info!

I compare to previous days in same position. Usually 94-96. 93 on a bad day if slid down.

Also need to watch sunlight. Bright light affects the reading. Each hand can be a bit different too.

Good to know!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy to say that Chris beat COVID! His reading has been 98 for two days...no fever for a while. He went out yesterday for a walk for the first time..Thank you all for the support...XO
I hope that everyone that is going through it right now gets better quickly..:pray:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy to say that Chris beat COVID! His reading has been 98 for two days...no fever for a while. He went out yesterday for a walk for the first time..Thank you all for the support...XO
I hope that everyone that is going through it right now gets better quickly..:pray:

That is great news! I’m so glad to hear it. I hope you can catch your breath now.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful news. It was your meat loaf and meat balls that did it! :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news. It was your meat loaf and meat balls that did it! :))

Thank you @AGBF I told him that! He said he has to walk it off now! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is great news! I’m so glad to hear it. I hope you can catch your breath now.

Thanks @JPie I keep waiting for something else to happen....I’m an optimist by nature..but COVID has me suspicious of everything...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@JPie You spoke the truth...Last night my daughter-in-law called me to tell me that a child in my grandson’s day care has a brother who has symptoms of COVID. They are in little pods for safety but in the same building. The child with the symptoms had a 105 degree temperature. He is in the older class for four year olds..His sister is in Jackson’s three year old class. The older child was just tested and now we wait. The day care didn’t alert the parents until 2pm even though they had the information in the morning before daycare opened. They should have shut the daycare down until the test comes back. Then....my daughter-in-law found out that two teachers in the other room were exposed to COVID from a friend that tested positive. They then went to work in my grandson’s daycare. OMG...They won’t give out too much information either. This is so incredibly frustrating..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...it's the year Chris recovered. And it will be a good year if Joe Biden is elected President to replace Donald Trump. That will not bring back the people who lost their lives to covid19. Or undo what happened to George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, or the other numerous victims of racist violence and police brutality who died this year, but these deaths are not peculiar to 2020. They happen every year in the United States. What we need is permanent change. I hope a safe vaccine against covid19 will be released under a responsible administration.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie You spoke the truth...Last night my daughter-in-law called me to tell me that a child in my grandson’s day care has a brother who has symptoms of COVID. They are in little pods for safety but in the same building. The child with the symptoms had a 105 degree temperature. He is in the older class for four year olds..His sister is in Jackson’s three year old class. The older child was just tested and now we wait. The day care didn’t alert the parents until 2pm even though they had the information in the morning before daycare opened. They should have shut the daycare down until the test comes back. Then....my daughter-in-law found out that two teachers in the other room were exposed to COVID from a friend that tested positive. They then went to work in my grandson’s daycare. OMG...They won’t give out too much information either. This is so incredibly frustrating..

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope everyone tests negative! Ugh. :(2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh @MamaBee , I’m so sorry. Sending dust and prayers that everyone involved tests negative. Why weren’t the two teachers in quarantine if they were exposed to someone who tested positive for the virus? What is wrong with people?

I’m glad Chris is doing well now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results