shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie You spoke the truth...Last night my daughter-in-law called me to tell me that a child in my grandson’s day care has a brother who has symptoms of COVID. They are in little pods for safety but in the same building. The child with the symptoms had a 105 degree temperature. He is in the older class for four year olds..His sister is in Jackson’s three year old class. The older child was just tested and now we wait. The day care didn’t alert the parents until 2pm even though they had the information in the morning before daycare opened. They should have shut the daycare down until the test comes back. Then....my daughter-in-law found out that two teachers in the other room were exposed to COVID from a friend that tested positive. They then went to work in my grandson’s daycare. OMG...They won’t give out too much information either. This is so incredibly frustrating..

Ugh! I am so sorry Joanne and sending youand your family bucketloads of good luck dust. Hoping everyone remains negative for Covid and that Chris continues to recover. Hugs to you and lots of love.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gee, half a million aging, largely unhealthy and unmasked people hanging out in bars together for ten days straight? Who'd have ever guessed that could be a problem during a pandemic?!

I was driving home from Maryland two weekends ago On a Sunday....There were a bunch of motorcyclists going by. I remember thinking they must be going or coming back from an event. Crazy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! The four year old in my grandson’s school tested negative...We’re so relieved! I had a glass of wine...:bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am still worried.

However, I have decided it is time to try and embrace the new normal a bit more, and ventured further outside the comfort and security of my own home, by starting to go out to pubs and restaurants.

I am still wary about crowded places, and am not planning to get onto a plane/cruise ship/train/public transport anytime soon!

The next challenge for me is the participation of indoor choir practices which are due to resume in September.

I have reservations about it, however, since I had already been out to a packed restaurant twice in a week, I may as well take part in indoor choir practices.

It's a matter of it is not going away anytime soon, with a safe and effective vaccine not being available until next year at the earliest (I am discounting the Russian one), I may as well try and learn to live with it and resume enjoying life as much as I can.

DK :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! The four year old in my grandson’s school tested negative...We’re so relieved! I had a glass of wine...:bigsmile:

What a relief. (And what a world we live in!)

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hopefully it's not a false negative - remember that 25%-30% of negative results are false negatives.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully it's not a false negative - remember that 25%-30% of negative results are false negatives.

That’s true...I ran that by my daughter-in-law yesterday. She knows but we didn’t discuss it today. The ball is in their court. I actually told her to take Jackson’s temp every day...that they can play doctor so he doesn’t get nervous.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 I agree, I think all of us have been through a period of adjustment. We haven't been to restaurants yet but thinking of taking my son to his favourite ice cream place as long as it's reasonably quiet.
K need to go to the shops so am going on sunday morning, the quieter time.
We avoid crowded places anyhow as my son hates the noise!
My husband is back at work in a very quiet office. The roads are still quiet and the city centre where he works is also very quiet.
This is our new normal. ;)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exactly. Common sense. And while common sense isn't nearly common enough I do hope people are getting the picture and will wear their masks. Even if one isn't convinced still it is always better to be safe than sorry and erring on the side of conservatism in this case is only a positive behavior IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 I agree, I think all of us have been through a period of adjustment. We haven't been to restaurants yet but thinking of taking my son to his favourite ice cream place as long as it's reasonably quiet.
K need to go to the shops so am going on sunday morning, the quieter time.
We avoid crowded places anyhow as my son hates the noise!
My husband is back at work in a very quiet office. The roads are still quiet and the city centre where he works is also very quiet.
This is our new normal. ;)2

Not to be negative but the "new normal" in NYC is crime thanks to our (not) esteemed mayor. He is letting everyone out of jail free card, pass GO, collect all the money and they are free to wreak havoc on our streets. I am not even exaggerating. Just venting. No need to comment.

I am glad things are quiet by you and people are behaving.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness @MamaBee just checking in here after a few days of contentious meetings and no small amount of grumbling about our school reopening. I am so relieved the boy tested negative but agree DIL should keep an eye on your grandson! ((Hugs))

I hope the following hasn’t already been posted, I haven’t gone back, sorry!

This gives me either a tremendous amount of hope or despair, since I know this city shut it all down and we just won’t! :wall:
This is Wuhan China the other night. Not a mask in sight, never mind social distancing.

BA619A2E-86BD-455B-AFFA-5C98EA607058.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we should start stocking up on essentials before the next wave this fall. We really got caught out on the first wave and didn't have things others thought to get in advance. I'm fine with my collection of reusable masks at least. I had no masks for awhile first time around.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colin read that there’s been no evidence at all of children infecting adults @MamaBee, I’ll see if I can find the article for you.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we should start stocking up on essentials before the next wave this fall. We really got caught out on the first wave and didn't have things others thought to get in advance. I'm fine with my collection of reusable masks at least. I had no masks for awhile first time around.

I agree, I'll be grabbing a jumbo pack of TP on my next Costco trip!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was FINALLY granted my medical accommodation to teach from home for NYC, FX they come to their senses and make that call for ALL of us until we know the proper safety precautions are in place.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, I read an article from the NYT a while ago that stated children between the ages of 10 and 19 spread the virus at the same rate adults spread it. It’s worrisome with so many children going back to school. If Colin knows where he read this article, can you please share it?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results