shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No surprise there. This pandemic is unprecedented during our lifetime. There has been nothing like it. And it can be super stressful for so many. I am not at all surprise that psychiatric disorders are increasing. Everyone has a breaking point and these are challenging times. What makes a big difference IMO is just being kind to others as best as you can. A little kindness, IMO, goes a very long way.

The fact that the survivors have PTSD and other disorders is a testament to how serious this disease is. I think they thought they were going to die. Near death experiences have a lasting effect.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fact that the survivors have PTSD and other disorders is a testament to how serious this disease is. I think they thought they were going to die. Near death experiences have a lasting effect.

I agree. Completely.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was doing okay, but our gov't said that we're going to be dealing with this for 2-3 more years, and that we don't know if a vaccine will help. That's so personally defeating to hear that, because it feels like this could be our life indefinitely. If we could buy our way out of it--a bigger house, bigger buffer from neighbours, maybe that would help but we're stuck like a lot of people. There are no jobs for my FSIL. They postponed their wedding by a year, and honestly, nothing will have changed by then. /rant

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our government has warned us to prepare for life without a vaccine too.

I think perhaps we will just get used to the new normal. Social distancing, masks etc
Maybe they will come up with better ways to treat the virus or the virus itself will mutate and be less deadly. That is my hope anyway. In any case I think this will be new normal.

Perhaps in ten years time we'll all be out buying groceries, 2m apart in masks and we won't even blink. We'll get used to it like wearing a seatbelt.

Everyday I check the numbers at 11am to see if they have risen to 20 (20 is my personal panic number). I never imagined I would be doing this a year ago, yet now my entire group does it they same way you'd check the weather just to see how many cases have been logged and which suburbs they came from.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave I’m so relieved that you are doing okay.
My son, Chris, has a fever again. He was doing better the last few days but yesterday he said his body felt like a weight. He was so weak yesterday. He thought he was getting better. This nasty virus is a slippery devil. His oxygen is staying at normal TG but the sudden weakness is scary. His fever was 100.8 yesterday..so not too bad but it was gone for a while. He tried to call me this morning but I missed the call. I called him not even a minute afterwards but he didn’t pick up. I haven’t heard from him all day..so I‘m worried sick. He may be sleeping but this is ridiculous..I called him fifteen times today. I don’t want to tick him off by calling the police if he’s sleeping again. I know he gets his days and nights mixed up...If I don’t hear from him by tomorrow I will have to call the police for a welfare check which will probably involve an ambulance. I have aged so badly in the last two weeks..The stress is horrible. Thank you for listening.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee Joanne, I’m so sorry honey. Chris is probably just sleeping. Try not to stress. Please take care of yourself. He will call you when he wakes up. Covid 19 beats the cra* out of you.

If you don’t hear from him can you ask a neighbor to check in on him with a mask and social distancing of course.

I’m sure he’s just sleeping. Please don’t worry too much.

(((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I don’t know any of his neighbors..I also wouldn’t want to expose anyone. My husband said he would go over to go check on him but his cloth mask wouldn’t protect him from getting it. I’m just going to have to wait and play it by ear. Thank you so much Missy. ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee never ending worry--I am so sorry your baby isn't well. Healing vibes across the miles

kind regards--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son, Chris, has a fever again. He was doing better the last few days but yesterday he said his body felt like a weight. He was so weak yesterday. He thought he was getting better. This nasty virus is a slippery devil. His oxygen is staying at normal TG but the sudden weakness is scary. His fever was 100.8 yesterday..so not too bad but it was gone for a while. He tried to call me this morning but I missed the call. I called him not even a minute afterwards but he didn’t pick up. I haven’t heard from him all day..so I‘m worried sick. He may be sleeping but this is ridiculous..I called him fifteen times today. I don’t want to tick him off by calling the police if he’s sleeping again. I know he gets his days and nights mixed up...If I don’t hear from him by tomorrow I will have to call the police for a welfare check which will probably involve an ambulance. I have aged so badly in the last two weeks..The stress is horrible. Thank you for listening.

How old is Chris and with whom does he live? How far away from you does he live?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee can his girlfriend check? Has she been in the house with him during this? I'm so worried about him based on what you posted. The drop to bad can come out of nowhere after some good days. The severe fatigue is horrible. DH had days he couldn't get himself to move as he sunk into a position he couldn't breathe. It took me insisting and helping him get moved. (Including reminding him that if he can't get up, I will have an ambulance come...)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @MamaBee. I’m just throwing this out there. Please ignore if it’s not helpful. Could you call and leave him a message that you were sending someone to check on him if he doesn’t respond? If he’s home and not sleeping he will probably text or call to avoid someone coming over. Your worry is understandable. I’d be a wreck too. I would deal with the fall out of him being upset with me and make sure he is ok.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow. He is probably sleeping. People I know who have had it still get fever every now and again 1-2 months after diagnosis. Young and healthy people...

Hang in there, mom. It’s hard sometimes.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This terrifies me. Has anyone heard about additional studies?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending ((hugs)) your way @MamaBee I hope you have heard from Chris by now and that he is feeling better! I am sorry you have so much worry... 1276752h6e4tykrbg.gif

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I am worried about my sister. She has been very careful, always wears a mask, gloves when she goes out to a store and has been social distancing, but out of the blue she has developed a fever of 102.4. She doesn't have any other symptoms so far. Has anyone heard of someone just having a fever in the beginning? She's been taking care of my 97 year old Mom, so I'm very concerned about her, too.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am worried about my sister. She has been very careful, always wears a mask, gloves when she goes out to a store and has been social distancing, but out of the blue she has developed a fever of 102.4. She doesn't have any other symptoms so far. Has anyone heard of someone just having a fever in the beginning? She's been taking care of my 97 year old Mom, so I'm very concerned about her, too.

Yes. My sister and brother in law only had a fever from the start. Then it was followed by fatigue. That’s all they experienced. Hers lasted 3 days and his 8 days.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Yes. My sister and brother in law only had a fever from the start. Then it was followed by fatigue. That’s all they experienced. Hers lasted 3 days and his 8 days.

oh, wow- that's great that it lasted such a short time for her! Did they go ahead and get tested, or did they just figure that it was Covid? She is debating whether to go for a test tomorrow. Since her fever has risen to 102.8 I'm encouraging her to get the test. She will quarantine anyway.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, wow- that's great that it lasted such a short time for her! Did they go ahead and get tested, or did they just figure that it was Covid? She is debating whether to go for a test tomorrow. Since her fever has risen to 102.8 I'm encouraging her to get the test. She will quarantine anyway.

If she is caring for your mother, I would definitely get tested. Keeping in mind that the test is not completely accurate so false negatives are always possible. It would give a data point if it came up positive in that your mom would need to be carefully watched for any sign of illness.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They got tested

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chris is okay. I was up all night worrying. I called the police this morning to ask them to do a welfare check. He was sleeping the whole time. They banged on his door and spoke to him. He evidently would wake up...use the bathroom...and thought he called me...He’s fine but I look like I’m ninety years old. Thanks everyone..again...I hate this darn virus....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes..That’s how my son started...I hope she doesn’t have it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I'm so glad Chris is ok. I'm sorry you had to go through that and had such a bad night. Please just try to take it easy today and rest when you can. You've been under a lot of stress lately, please take care of yourself.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. He is probably sleeping. People I know who have had it still get fever every now and again 1-2 months after diagnosis. Young and healthy people...

Hang in there, mom. It’s hard sometimes.

Thank @whitewave He was sleeping. I had to call the police to check on him. I feel reeeesaaaallly old. This stress is getting to me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, I'm so glad Chris is ok. I'm sorry you had to go through that and had such a bad night. Please just try to take it easy today and rest when you can. You've been under a lot of stress lately, please take care of yourself.

Thank you @junebug17 I’m trying but enough already...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @MamaBee. I’m just throwing this out there. Please ignore if it’s not helpful. Could you call and leave him a message that you were sending someone to check on him if he doesn’t respond? If he’s home and not sleeping he will probably text or call to avoid someone coming over. Your worry is understandable. I’d be a wreck too. I would deal with the fall out of him being upset with me and make sure he is ok.

Thanks @Calliecake He’s fine...I called the police to check on him...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee can his girlfriend check? Has she been in the house with him during this? I'm so worried about him based on what you posted. The drop to bad can come out of nowhere after some good days. The severe fatigue is horrible. DH had days he couldn't get himself to move as he sunk into a position he couldn't breathe. It took me insisting and helping him get moved. (Including reminding him that if he can't get up, I will have an ambulance come...)

Thank you @TooPatient He’s okay...He was sleeping and turned his phone off by mistake. He said he was sleeping on top of it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How old is Chris and with whom does he live? How far away from you does he live?

Thank you @AGBF We’re at our other house in Maryland because we lost power in Pa. My 94 mother lives with me so we couldn’t stay there.
Chris is 45. I had him when I was a baby...;)2 He’s ok...See above.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @canuk-gal Yes he is still my baby...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad he is OK, MamaBee. I knew you went to one house so as to be away from your husband's possible conveyance of covid19 to you. I hadn't followed the part of Chris getting ill. Thank you for the update. I am so sorry he caught coronavirus, so glad he is still OK despite having it.

Hugs,
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results