shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be flying out to LA from Boston in 2 weeks. Man, am I ever going back and forth on that....

At least you're not coming down here....lol
Hopefully the trip will be uneventful.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be flying out to LA from Boston in 2 weeks. Man, am I ever going back and forth on that....

The entire county is spiking covid and the governor is talking further shutdowns so maybe the decision will be made for you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The entire county is spiking covid and the governor is talking further shutdowns so maybe the decision will be made for you.

My thinking also.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thinking also.

I hope, if it comes to a shutdown, that the change in your plans doesn't cause you any inconvenience. The universe owes you smooth sailing for the next 100 yrs.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I now have concerns about restrictions being lifted too soon, and we could be heading for second wave sooner rather than later.

Definitely made my concerns worse on a daily basis by reports of the <<<insert colourful metaphor of your choice>>> who think social distancing/mask wearing/lockdown/etc. are restricting their freedom, lifestyle and liberties, and that they are young/healthy enough not to have to worry about any of it.

I shall continue to perform my own risk assessment and due diligence, to avoid crowded places where social distancing is neither practical or possible, or worse - being ignored by the <<<insert colourful metaphor of your choice>>> who could not care less.

Fingers firmly crossed that a vaccine will become available soon, and I will join the queue to receive it right away. I would have volunteered to be part of the clinical trial, however, I am not eligible as I have an underlying health condition being a Type 2 Diabetic.

DK :(2

Thats nuts! here they are looking for front liners or people with comorbidies and diabeties was definitely on the list. I was of great interest because my age and the fact I have asthma. Seems like several companies are doing their 3rd phase at roughly the same time, if a bit different country to country.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds 7 cases today in Sydney from approximately 36,000 tests. It was 13 yesterday! Feeling slightly relieved!

Was going to go to yum cha but Gladys says to stay home so I'll stay home. Haha apparently randomly asking the public to obey you totally works!

That's because we are the good girls =)2
Im releaved NSW numbers are going down

Im sorry your going to miss your dinner out but i know your family will not be missing out on a tasty meal - they might just have to help with the dishes though ;)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's because we are the good girls =)2
Im releaved NSW numbers are going down

Im sorry your going to miss your dinner out but i know your family will not be missing out on a tasty meal - they might just have to help with the dishes though ;)2

Hehe ScoMo just threatened will send the army to our houses if we don't pick up calls from contact tracers.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m doing well so far. Today and the next few days will be average onset of symptoms from exposure, so here’s hoping I stay well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My temp is 99.7 right now, so that is the highest it has been so far. It had been 99.2 and 99.3 for the last 2 days.

My friend who exposed me is doing well and just has loss of smell right now, so she is improving

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend who works for AAA may have been exposed while working. He had to jump through incredible hurdles to get a test scheduled for a few days in the future. It hasn't been done yet. By the time he gets results, it will be useless. This is in Connecticut. (A woman whom he went to help with her car collapsed in his arms.)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Temp is 100.1 now with nasal congestion. Other than that and a mild headache, I don’t feel terrible.

In the before days, I would have pushed through this. Today, I’m going to take a nap.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Temp is 100.1 now with nasal congestion. Other than that and a mild headache, I don’t feel terrible.

In the before days, I would have pushed through this. Today, I’m going to take a nap.

Feel better! Rest all you need. Sleep is so curative.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UK swiftly introduced 14-day quarantine/self-isolation for those returning from anywhere in Spain starting at 00:00 this morning due to spikes in certain areas.

Just read a comment in the camping related board that I frequent, that no one would know if one has been to Spain if one returns to UK via France as the latter is currently on the safe list. This way, one can return to work without having to lose income for 14d if one cannot work from home! :x2

It is that kind of selfish 'catch me if you can' mentality that bothers me the most!

Doing the right thing when no one is watching means very little to some people!

DK :x2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave how are you feeling? How’s your friend’s son doing?

Doing the right thing when no one is watching means very little to some people!

Yup. You cannot trust many people to do the right thing. Selfish beyond words. At best just selfish and at worse purposefully putting others at risk. Life and death.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup. You cannot trust many people to do the right thing. Selfish beyond words. At best just selfish and at worse purposefully putting others at risk. Life and death.

Thanks for asking, my friend’s son is still on ECMO, but they are posting that he is stable and is having better days, so I hope that is a good sign. I think with his age and on ECMO, he has at least a 50% chance. He was a 2 pound triplet preemie, so he is used to fighting.

I feel ok so far today. I registered to go get tested tomorrow at 10:50 with the surge kits they are pushing right now. It’s free and has a 4 day turn around and you get results via email.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

His mama just posted that he woke up and gave her a smile today and she told him he has to be a fighter and he nodded “yes” so I take this as great news.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His mama just posted that he woke up and gave her a smile today and she told him he has to be a fighter and he nodded “yes” so I take this as great news.

That’s an amazing update and hoping he continues to improve. And I’m glad you’re feeling better too. May that continue as well @whitewave. Covid 19 is a scary disease.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He had a bad night, but is having a good day. He is what they say is a “long hauler” and he is going to be up and down until he turns a corner.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave I hope you continue to do well with mild symptoms. I hope you get the results back quickly. It sounds like your friend’s son is showing some good signs..I pray it continues..

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I hope you continue to do well with mild symptoms. I hope you get the results back quickly. It sounds like your friend’s son is showing some good signs..I pray it continues..

I got tested today, supposedly with a 3-5 day results turnaround.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
This spike in the Midwest has me so nervous, I’ve been quarantined since March due to autoimmune issues and a lot of people just don’t seem to care or care as much As they should. My cousin has it and gave it to my sister and her family because they had a graduation Party.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This spike in the Midwest has me so nervous, I’ve been quarantined since March due to autoimmune issues and a lot of people just don’t seem to care or care as much As they should. My cousin has it and gave it to my sister and her family because they had a graduation Party.

I am sorry. It sucks. People behave selfishly and if it just affected them that would be fine. But no, it affects so many people around them and it has the potential to exponentially increase and keep increasing. SMH. Are people that foolish or just that selfish? My guess is it's a combination of both. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Survivors of Covid-19 show increased rate of psychiatric disorders, study finds

No surprise there. This pandemic is unprecedented during our lifetime. There has been nothing like it. And it can be super stressful for so many. I am not at all surprise that psychiatric disorders are increasing. Everyone has a breaking point and these are challenging times. What makes a big difference IMO is just being kind to others as best as you can. A little kindness, IMO, goes a very long way.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200805_080838.jpg 20200805_080959.jpg
We got coronavirus masks in the mail along with some literature from the county (they said they would do it)
There is also a contact tracing app (which I will not download)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results