shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

t86

Shiny_Rock
I send out my husband for groceries to the corner stone. We also cannot get any delivery time slots. It's really frustrating.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I send out my husband for groceries to the corner stone. We also cannot get any delivery time slots. It's really frustrating.

It’s unreal. Impossible to get food delivery here now. On a positive note the bakery link I shared above I just placed an order for greg. Cookies and cake. Lol not the healthiest but I like supporting the local businesses and they’re delivering! So maybe you would like a treat for your family. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, same! That's good news.

Thank you! Now let’s hope he actually calls Greg today. I know we’re planning on being here. Lol where else would we be. ::)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had to drop Matt, my daughter's fiancé, off at the ER. I had planned to go in with him despite my great fear of covid-19. I drove up to where they usually let you drop off a patient and leave your car for valet parking, but would only let Matt get out. I had to go back home. He is having some abdominal pain for which he took a laxative, but it got worse. (I told him when I went to bed to wake me up if it got worse and he didn't want to; he said he could drive himself to the hospital if he had to go. I don't like my house guests to disappear in the middle of the night.)

At any rate, there appears to be no wait at the ER.

I hope he’s okay @AGBF...They wouldn’t let you in anyway so it’s good you went home. Is he back home yet? What was wrong with him?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
ETA So urologist's office called us back woohoo! The urologist will call Greg today at 3PM. OK fingers crossed we get some safe options. :pray:

That’s great news @missy! It will be okay...:pray:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone. I wanted to send hugs to everyone especially those dealing with medical symptoms at home right now. I’m hoping for steady improvement inside your homes and outside in your communities for everyone. Sending hopeful prayers up for all.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s unreal. Impossible to get food delivery here now. On a positive note the bakery link I shared above I just placed an order for greg. Cookies and cake. Lol not the healthiest but I like supporting the local businesses and they’re delivering! So maybe you would like a treat for your family. ❤

Cake has milk and eggs. Thats healthy. :cool2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We also can't get delivery I was able to get some things from Target, but could not get everything. Forget about stores closeby and wholefoods? I got LUCKY on friday getting fish delivered. Last night about midnight I looked and there were timeslots for late next week...lol yeah might as well just go to the store then...

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@missy oh no, they don't deliver to me :cry2: I'm only a block from 11215. Would love some baguette, macarons, croissants, cakes, etc..I got desperate and bought a box of duncan hines brownie mix. Unfortunately it was all bubbly and spongy and sticky:x2 i don't know what i did wrong.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy oh no, they don't deliver to me :cry2: I'm only a block from 11215. Would love some baguette, macarons, croissants, cakes, etc..I got desperate and bought a box of duncan hines brownie mix. Unfortunately it was all bubbly and spongy and sticky:x2 i don't know what i did wrong.

Oh no! That makes me so angry. You are just one block away!
I am sorry :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We also can't get delivery I was able to get some things from Target, but could not get everything. Forget about stores closeby and wholefoods? I got LUCKY on friday getting fish delivered. Last night about midnight I looked and there were timeslots for late next week...lol yeah might as well just go to the store then...

Yeah we have no choice and have to go to the supermarket for food. I mean I refuse to starve to death. That is not a good way to go but neither is drowning on the inside from Covid. :(

Wear your masks everyone and stay 6 plus feet apart and we should be OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s great news @missy! It will be okay...:pray:

Good morning everyone. I wanted to send hugs to everyone especially those dealing with medical symptoms at home right now. I’m hoping for steady improvement inside your homes and outside in your communities for everyone. Sending hopeful prayers up for all.

Thank you @Mamabean and @LightBright and (((hugs))). Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too.

Update from Urologist was not happy. He cannot admit Greg to the hospital to remove the stones. He said if it becomes an emergency we have to go to the ER. No choice. In the meantime he set up a lithotripsy date for June 17th that might need to be rescheduled if Covid 19 is still rampant. The hospitals are not scheduling anything re kidney stone surgeries or lithotripsies now.

Praying the 2 stones he has (8mm and 12mm) stay put and don't cause him any more problems til we can get them out.

Thanks again everyone for your good wishes and support and advice. I appreciate it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boris Johnson our Prime Minister has been moved into intensive care, less than 2 days after being admitted into a nearby hospital due to worsening symptoms!

Fingers firmly crossed for his speedy recovery!

DK :eek-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness @missy has he had stones before? those are rather large. I'm sad both of you are dealing with this.

Starving is not a good look! To that end, I have lots of dried beans/peas/lentils/barley which will go very far. I will likely run out of fresh meat in the next 2 weeks. Not the end of the world, I have tinned stuff in the pantry (might have to pull out that SPAM and grill it...lol

@DK, he's at day 10 and from what I read you either get better or get worse by this time.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boris Johnson our Prime Minister has been moved into intensive care, less than 2 days after being admitted into a nearby hospital due to worsening symptoms!

Fingers firmly crossed for his speedy recovery!

DK :eek-2:

Oh, no. I was hoping for good news for him.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian that's my understanding too. He was admitted to hospital less than 2 days ago as his symptoms were getting worse rather than better.

Allegedly they moved him into intensive care in case he needs to be ventilated to aid his recovery.

DK :((

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WA governor and state superintendent just announced that all schools in the state are closed for the remainder of the school year.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope he’s okay @AGBF...They wouldn’t let you in anyway so it’s good you went home. Is he back home yet? What was wrong with him?

Thank you for asking. He went and returned last night. (I went to bed in my pajamas, telling Matt to wake me up if he needed me). He woke me up, so I got dressed and drove him. I went home and slept in my clothes. At 3:30 he called and said I could pick him up. After we got home again, I changed back into my pajamas. I was in my pajamas for much of today!

Matt's diagnosis was "upper right quadrant pain", but many things were ruled out, like gallstones and kidney trouble and appendicitis. He was given anti-nausea and pain medication. After a rough day, he is now feeling better. It may have been gas. I just know I don't want to take him anywhere unless I have to because everywhere he can go there are covid-19 patients.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry, missy.

Thank you @Mamabean and @LightBright and (((hugs))). Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too.

Update from Urologist was not happy. He cannot admit Greg to the hospital to remove the stones. He said if it becomes an emergency we have to go to the ER. No choice. In the meantime he set up a lithotripsy date for June 17th that might need to be rescheduled if Covid 19 is still rampant. The hospitals are not scheduling anything re kidney stone surgeries or lithotripsies now.

Praying the 2 stones he has (8mm and 12mm) stay put and don't cause him any more problems til we can get them out.

Thanks again everyone for your good wishes and support and advice. I appreciate it.

Paz

Rough_Rock
@missy, my sister and I just said a special prayer for Greg's stones to break up on their own and for you both to be safe during this time. If there's any time to be praying for miracles, it's now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I know how you feel
im begining to be resigned to the fact im going to have to go into town to do a real shop and im scared
because Gary has been sick the last year, by avoiding the shops we havn't had even a cold for over a year
if only the common cold was all we had to worry about

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for asking. He went and returned last night. (I went to bed in my pajamas, telling Matt to wake me up if he needed me). He woke me up, so I got dressed and drove him. I went home and slept in my clothes. At 3:30 he called and said I could pick him up. After we got home again, I changed back into my pajamas. I was in my pajamas for much of today!

Matt's diagnosis was "upper right quadrant pain", but many things were ruled out, like gallstones and kidney trouble and appendicitis. He was given anti-nausea and pain medication. After a rough day, he is now feeling better. It may have been gas. I just know I don't want to take him anywhere unless I have to because everywhere he can go there are covid-19 patients.

Oh dear
Hope it was just gas and he's feeling better
PJs are daywear now !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Can you scope icecream and pour hot custard on it and call it pudding ?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy and anyone else in NY area. Friend sent me this link of wholesalers to restaurants that are currently selling direct to consumers. Many deliver to NYC and surrounding areas.

We are way out in Long Island so our choices were limited but I was able to find one that would deliver, with $250 min. I placed my order yesterday and they should arrive Friday, hopefully it won't get cancelled for whatever reason. They had pretty wide selection of everything we needed, including milk and eggs, only trouble was since they're wholesaler many of their items were too large for a single family house.

Wanted to share as I know so many are finding it impossible to get groceries delivered.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness @missy has he had stones before? those are rather large. I'm sad both of you are dealing with this.

Starving is not a good look! To that end, I have lots of dried beans/peas/lentils/barley which will go very far. I will likely run out of fresh meat in the next 2 weeks. Not the end of the world, I have tinned stuff in the pantry (might have to pull out that SPAM and grill it...lol

@DK, he's at day 10 and from what I read you either get better or get worse by this time.

Yes we just went through this in December where he had emergency surgery to remove a few stones in the ureter that wouldn't pass. These stones are in the kidney and he was supposed to have lithotripsy but first he had TKR in January so the lithotripsy was put off til Spring and then this happened. :/

I am glad you are all set with supplies and food @Arcadian!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's numbers.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 7.54.15 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results