shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Venting. What is wrong with people? DH says they are streaming in to his work all day milling around with their KIDS?! Plastic bags over their shoes, scarves/kerchiefs on their necks/faces, buying random stuff. Are they tackling home improvement projects since they're stuck at home? The store is busy and doing better than normal which for them is good but seriously? He's doing the best he can to hand wash and clean all day so he doesn't bring germs home. Idaho has a 21 day stay at home order in place. Our cases more than double every day and we had 4 deaths as of yesterday.

We also have a problem with snowbirds who live here in the spring summer and fall. They've all decided to come back anyway instead of staying where they were, likely Arizona and New Mexico.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Venting. What is wrong with people? DH says they are streaming in to his work all day milling around with their KIDS?! Plastic bags over their shoes, scarves/kerchiefs on their necks/faces, buying random stuff. Are they tackling home improvement projects since they're stuck at home? The store is busy and doing better than normal which for them is good but seriously? He's doing the best he can to hand wash and clean all day so he doesn't bring germs home. Idaho has a 21 day stay at home order in place. Our cases more than double every day and we had 4 deaths as of yesterday.

We also have a problem with snowbirds who live here in the spring summer and fall. They've all decided to come back anyway instead of staying where they were, likely Arizona and New Mexico.

Most people lack any common sense at all....

I'm sorry your DH is exposed to so many people.. Ugh.

Measures for everyone are being tightened so much, because unfortunately one can't trust people to stay home except for groceries and work.
Makes me furious

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most people lack any common sense at all....

I'm sorry your DH is exposed to so many people.. Ugh.

Measures for everyone are being tightened so much, because unfortunately one can't trust people to stay home except for groceries and work.
Makes me furious

Thank you. I don't know how this will clear up if people act so stupidly and they're doing it all across the country.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was reading through a Reddit for medical people yesterday and ran across a thing that said the official deaths in Italy (according to "the Italians") are much lower than reality as it does not include many of those who died at home plus they have had a serious increase in people sick with (and dying from) other stuff that is very likely COVID-19 but they don't have the time and tests to check everyone who dies.

Not sure if this is true, but it was interesting as I have been wondering how much of that is happening all over the place. (Reasonably so as we have limited tests and the priority needs to be on our healthcare workers and helping the living.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're being told to expect our stay at home orders to be extended. State (and federal?) land is closed so no hiking/camping there. Some of the cities are doing the same.

I went out yesterday to get a few things we would want if this goes on for longer plus stuff for Passover. Stores are sort of stocked. Fresh stuff is easier to get than packaged. Frozen stuff is getting mostly stocked again. Paper towels are gone. TP has very limited supply (or none) at the two stores I stopped at. I bought one small package so they had 3-4 packages left.

I have been seeing local friends on FB struggling as they can't find diapers, vegan butter (kid with allergy), flour, yeast, and other basics. Some stores have and others don't so it means those looking for a specific items may have to go to three or more stores to find what they are after

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the states are bidding up the prices of ventilators. So upsetting. NY has 30K cases. We need them desperately. And ventilators went from 25K to 45K because other states are bidding it up. :(

Should be distributed by need. It has to be worked out for now and for the future.

Cuomo says it isn't even price gouging. It is just market competition. Unbelievable.

I just wish we could all work together. Cool and calm and work it out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Venting. What is wrong with people?

I don't know. See my post above. People and states are behaving selfishly. :(
This is a marathon. Not a sprint. It is a long term situation and we have to make this work and work it out so more lives can be saved. Minimizing loss of life as best we can.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MSNBC just reported that 900 people died yesterday alone in Italy and and that the death toll there is now 10,000. We still still family there where my husband grew but I haven's spoken to them. My husband is texting with his cousin, who is very depressed. He lives in a suburb of Genoa (which is in Liguria province in the north). My husband's aunt (the mother of his cousin) is still alive and lives in Genoa, but one of his cousin's sons lives in Australia and another is a naval pilot on duty. I do not have any inside information on the death toll.

I was reading through a Reddit for medical people yesterday and ran across a thing that said the official deaths in Italy (according to "the Italians") are much lower than reality as it does not include many of those who died at home plus they have had a serious increase in people sick with (and dying from) other stuff that is very likely COVID-19 but they don't have the time and tests to check everyone who dies.

Not sure if this is true, but it was interesting as I have been wondering how much of that is happening all over the place. (Reasonably so as we have limited tests and the priority needs to be on our healthcare workers and helping the living.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Red, my mom is in Garden Valley. As of now there are no cases in Boise County, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes. Have you seen the info coming out about Sun Valley? Not surprised by it at all (unfortunately). Hey, here's a GREAT idea! There's a pandemic on so let's GO SKIING! Morons.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I don't know how this will clear up if people act so stupidly and they're doing it all across the country.

Unfortunately it looks like you are right.

.Compared to many other countries who are two to three weeks ahead (Germany, France Uk) US new infection numbers look much worse. From what In could gather, the Graph looks worse than Italy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, my mom is in Garden Valley. As of now there are no cases in Boise County, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes. Have you seen the info coming out about Sun Valley? Not surprised by it at all (unfortunately). Hey, here's a GREAT idea! There's a pandemic on so let's GO SKIING! Morons.

So it seems many of the cases in Blaine County - Sun Valley were because people (the Richie Riches) scrammed out of Cali or wherever and brought it with them? Morons. That's what I'm hearing anyway. I don't know if your mom has seen this but she can keep up with the counts here that are updated daily. Tell her stay safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People in NY need an attitude adjustment.
I’m reading the parks are filled here. And same experience as @telephone89. Costco here is mobbed. People need to stay home.

05962170-9F55-4D24-9CF7-04D4D08C94E6.jpeg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another idiot freaking out on DH today about not selling masks. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Harbor Freight are donating all masks received in the store to local EMS, FDs, and the local hospitals. All toilet paper, paper towels, Lysol, cleaning supplies received at his Lowe's is being sold to the local EMS and FDs before being made available to the public. All of this because of idiots hoarding. SMH.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - people are idiots globally, people won't stay at home everywhere when they are being told to do so and they are hoarding when they have been told not to do it.

It's the same everywhere in the world, people not taking this seriously enough and others that are hoarding like it's the end of the world..... as it turns out being an idiot is universal.

@TooPatient & @kipari - I've read the same things that in China and in Italy the actual death numbers are thought to be way higher because people that died at home were never diagnosed or even registered into the death rates from the disease. I also wonder if we will every know the true story from China....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - people are idiots globally, people won't stay at home everywhere when they are being told to do so and they are hoarding when they have been told not to do it.

It's the same everywhere in the world, people not taking this seriously enough and others that are hoarding like it's the end of the world..... as it turns out being an idiot is universal.

It's all so disgusting and sad.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
People in NY need an attitude adjustment.
I’m reading the parks are filled here. And same experience as @telephone89. Costco here is mobbed. People need to stay home.

05962170-9F55-4D24-9CF7-04D4D08C94E6.jpeg
I also heard that NYC parks are packed, as if this was some sort of holiday?!?!

We had to go out today (1st time in 2 weeks) for supplies and groceries. We were at Target and I was so nervous, had my mask on (found 2 from back when DH was doing home improvements) and was doing everything I can to stay away from people. And these people are just walking around the store mindlessly, coming so close I had to pay attention otherwise someone would just walk up right behind you. Some employees were wearing gloves while others weren't, and one of them even grabbed DH's phone to fix something with the app. I grabbed the phone right after and put it in my pocket to be wiped down later. You really had to actively avoid people and try to protect yourself, because no one else seems to care.

We bought enough to hopefully last us a few weeks, because I really don't want to leave my house now. I know you can't SEE the virus but I would've thought people would be more cautious given that NY has the highest number infected in the country!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We had to go out today (1st time in 2 weeks) for supplies and groceries. We were at Target and I was so nervous, had my mask on (found 2 from back when DH was doing home improvements) and was doing everything I can to stay away from people. And these people are just walking around the store mindlessly, coming so close I had to pay attention otherwise someone would just walk up right behind you. Some employees were wearing gloves while others weren't, and one of them even grabbed DH's phone to fix something with the app. I grabbed the phone right after and put it in my pocket to be wiped down later. You really had to actively avoid people and try to protect yourself, because no one else seems to care.

We bought enough to hopefully last us a few weeks, because I really don't want to leave my house now. I know you can't SEE the virus but I would've thought people would be more cautious given that NY has the highest number infected in the country!

Dense population plus travel hub plus many people behave stupidly = big problem

:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so awful.

I read this @missy It’s heartbreaking and a very hard decision to make. I understand both sides...:(sad

What makes me angry is that this shouldn’t have to be the decision. If all the hospitals had sufficient supplies and PPEs this wouldn’t be an issue. Heartbreaking in every way for all involved. And it didn’t have to be this way. We all knew this day was coming. The politicians/government were not proactive. #bloodontheirhands

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Horrible. I understand where the healthcare workers are coming from. Seems like almost no chance at surviving once that point is hit. It also puts them at an increased risk due to the measures taken to save the patient. I also understand that removing that option from patients is a huge hit to every person's right to choose. I also worry about Drs and nurses emotional health as they have to stand by and watch without attempting to save. (Also the emotions associated with the increased exposure if they try!) No good options with this disgusting virus!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What makes me angry is that this shouldn’t have to be the decision. If all the hospitals had sufficient supplies and PPEs this wouldn’t be an issue. Heartbreaking in every way for all involved. And it didn’t have to be this way. We all knew this day was coming. The politicians/government were not proactive. #bloodontheirhands

@missy There should have been supplies stored in case of something like this....Devastating...My friend’s son is a nurse that is in charge of all the nurses in the hospital..but has been working mainly in the ER....My friend is panicked...I didn’t know what to say to her. He’s been there working overtime plus..He doesn’t have all the safety equipment he needs. He has Crohn’s disease too which puts him at higher risk.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

That sounds so scary @Babyblue003 I have been using Instacart because I don’t want to leave the house.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I think nyc parks are packed because we live in tiny apts with no yard and many people have dogs. I have to go out for walks or I feel very lethargic and sick and get panic attacks. We try to take paths with very little people and walk very quickly. The main road through prospect park is crowded with runners, bikes and emergency vehicles but the small paths are okay with very few people. Most of my coworkers have left for their 2nd homes in Long Island, or the Hamptons or upstate, I wish I have that option. It's really depressing and I feel very claustrophobic. If each group of people stay 10 feet away from another group, is that okay? I try to limit going out to stores but have to buy food every 3 days. Only one of us will go when the stores first open. This is so hard. I don't want to get others sick and I don't want to get sick. I don't think I'm high risk but I'm still taking hormone pills for cancer treatment. I think about everything all night, barely sleep and by the morning I have to get out of my apartment. Thankfully today was rainy and not many people were in the park. Just writing this makes me want to run somewhere. Ugh.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s just add to the joy. Right now the tornado sirens are going off in my immediate area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results