shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of schools in Australia are still open, but attendance is very poor. I have chosen to keep my kids at home, but the schools that are still open will close this week. We have set up 'home school' in the cubby house in the back yard, and the kids think it's a huge novelty. Although there were about 20 snack breaks, and recess went for about 2 hours today :lol-2: My 7 year old son's curriculum is all online, and he's getting a kick out of showing me what he can do. Although it's only day 2 so the novelty may wear off sooner rather than later!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm worried and frustrated. I'm still required to go into the office. I can do my job remotely so I'm not sure what my management is thinking. The governor closed the schools so a lot of my coworkers are out because of child care issues.

The panic buying is also very concerning. I guess the police were at Costco this morning -again. :(

My elderly parents are self isolating, thank goodness!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so worried about my sister. My BIL had kidney transplant, plus he had a brain tumor removed little over a month ago. They just went up to his parents cottage with their little boy, his parents also met them there. They got supplies and will stay put as much as they can but it makes me so nervous and scared for his health.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am angry an the surgeon general and my daughter's fiancé.

The surgeon general thinks his only job is to tell us to stay home and wash our hands. (How about a World War II type mobilization to produce needed masks; ventilators; gowns; etc. and getting the factories working? How about getting The Army Corps of Engineers out building new hospital wings?)

My daughter's fiancé thinks he can run around going fishing among mobs of people. learning his grandmother is in the hospital apparently makes him feel more entitled to stay out and "relax". I have been shut in because i don't want to get infected ( or to add to the infection.) If he is running around he undoes all of that! I have spoken to him. He gets upset, gets my daughter upset, and stays up all night. This morning he only went fishing very early in the morning (he asked permossion) but now he is still out. And he has been so wonderful, cooking for my daughter and running all the errands, that I do not want to be more of a b*tch than I have already been!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Florida is closing schools until April 15 officially. They'll continue to kick that can down the road.
the reason why there was so many cases in Broward apparently stems from a gay pride celebration they had down here. it was PACKED.

They closed some beaches in south Florida but they are leaving the closures up to the City/County.

Delray, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach are closed I'm unsure of any additional ones at this time. The governor has not closed the beaches, so spring breakers flock to the ones still open, definitely not observing any type of social distancing. We have now refrained from going to any beach.

216 people confirmed infected, 7 dead

Dallas, TX is seeing an uptick in young people who are critical. I'm now going to sound like an ass, but some of them have to actually die for the young to start paying attention.

There are still places that are ignoring the virus as being "a hoax"

The pictures from Disney's last day open damn near caused me to have a heart attack. It was wall to wall people.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our governor said that school would most likely be closed for the rest of the school year. We have been asked to stay inside. It’s not quite shelter in place, but almost. I expect to hear shelter in place today.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More of our healthcare workers are testing positive. I have several friends at one of the hospitals with infected workers. One of my friends is a woman who is almost 70 but up and working still. I worry about them all!

Hospitals here are running out of basic supplies and having to reuse single use items. They are asking people to donate supplies if they have them.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...rgency-supplies-health-workers-test-positive/

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UK PS'ers, is a total lockdown in the next few days a real possibility?

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Phoenix Keep an eye on the BBC at 5pm. My feeling is more measures will be put in place. Are you ok? ((hugs))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the news conference they said that the data from Italy and France is showing that Millennials are getting seriously ill with this virus as well. Further analysis is needed.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update
son and wife cancelled plans to fly out to San Francisco after learning that most places they wanted to visit shut down.
Thank you for letting me vent and share my fears here ladies, you gals are the best xo

So thankful for you @clueless, what a relief to read this.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the news conference they said that the data from Italy and France is showing that Millennials are getting seriously ill with this virus as well. Further analysis is needed.

Which has led to me being very upset at my local FB groups. People are freaking out. OMG real people are getting sick! Yeah... Because everyone else hasn't mattered :eek-2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I am crushed at the idea of how this virus is upending the physical and financial lives of everyone on the darn planet, I am officially done worrying about myself. I get it and survive or I don't survive. I'm not disinfecting every package brought into the house. Still washing hands but that is something I've always done.

It hit me this morning how fed up I was when I had to take one of the cats to the emergency vet clinic again. We were there yesterday and the staff asked that we use hand sanitizer which they had all over the waiting area and there was a sign on the door asking people not to come in if they felt ill but to ring the bell and someone would come out to collect the animal.

This morning I'm back there at 7 am with a critically ill cat (he'll be fine) and the doors are locked. Big sign says ring the bell. I had called ahead so they were expecting me and I got right in. They scooped the cat from my arms, took me to an exam room and ordered me not to come out for any reason. The office staff were in a panic having just received mandatory new corona virus guidelines and they were desperately trying to figure out how to implement them.

So far their plan is to make everyone phone from the parking lot and someone in full haz mat gear will go out to see what the problem is. If an exam room is available, you get taken to one, if no rooms are free, they'll take the animal and bring updates out to you. Imagine the added stress to both staff and pet parent when someone shows up with a critically injured or ill animal and you can't get in the clinic doors and your in your car watching your pet suffer until someone comes out. They don't have enough staff for the volume of patients they get on a daily basis to follow these new protocols.

I had to give a $1500 deposit for the cat who will be staying there 2-3 days. The person who took my card did so with bare hands, didn't sanitize the card when she took it and she said "no" when I asked her if she'd sanitized it or the pen before giving it back to me or the ipad thingy I had to sign for permission to give care. So there you go, despite precautions, there were multiple instances when I or a staff member could have contaminated each other. I am so done.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Matata I feel much the same. I am of the view that if I or anyone else is going to get this, that we can't control it, beyond baseline efforts. You can't control the world.

Schools are closed until 4/15 here and now reevaluation of it every two weeks. Automatically promoting every kid to the next grade. No grading the rest of the year it seems.

I really wonder if anything goes back to normal at all. You can't eradicate a virus with a vaccine quickly at all. Is this the new normal for the next however long? Not being able to buy bread, milk, toilet paper or paper products and kids having no school and just getting promoted grades each year?

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Matata :(sadI have no words! I think these are unprecedented times for all of us! Please take care! x

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which has led to me being very upset at my local FB groups. People are freaking out. OMG real people are getting sick! Yeah... Because everyone else hasn't mattered :eek-2:

Also younger people didn’t seem to understand that while the death rate was much higher for older folk that didn’t mean some younger folk didn’t get really sick as well. Not dying doesn’t mean didn’t need to see a doctor, be on oxygen, or need a vent.

And the millennials of the US v other countries may not be as comparable given things like the rates of obesity and diabetes here compared to say places like China.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
My dad has it (over 70 but no health issues); he's beginning to recover now (started late Sunday afternoon). I'm just waiting for my mum to get it (she's isolating in the house with Dad). In a way I'm glad they got it (and thankfully haven't so far required any intervention).

Just hoping that they have some immunity now; I'm unclear on whether you can be reinfected.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad has it (over 70 but no health issues); he's beginning to recover now (started late Sunday afternoon). I'm just waiting for my mum to get it (she's isolating in the house with Dad). In a way I'm glad they got it (and thankfully haven't so far required any intervention).

Just hoping that they have some immunity now; I'm unclear on whether you can be reinfected.

They are my age (I am 69). I am so glad your father is recuperating well.:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS-Their getting it and surviving it helps all of our herd immunity, too!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@Tartansparkles oh no, this breaks my heart. I wish the absolute best for him (and your mother) & hope he makes a full recovery!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@Tartansparkles oh no, this breaks my heart. I wish the absolute best for him (and your mother) & hope he makes a full recovery!

Thanks @sarahb he's doing better. On a lighter note...he's probably at more mortal risk now from my mum!
(Dad isn't the best of patients; Mum overreacts.)(Shouldn't joke but helping mum laugh at the situation - over the phone - helps ease the tension a bit).

Fingers crossed the worst that anyone else gets is "left feeling like they've been beaten up" as dad puts it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results