shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of places are voluntarily closing here which is good actually! I have a lab appt tomorrow which I really shouldn't miss but might...I'm thinking about it. I doubt there will be a lot of people there (the plus side of things!)

Florida has their own ARGIS Map now. Totals as you can imagine are rising. They've done a really good job keeping this thing out of the nursing homes here, and i hope that continues. I feel for the families, but I hope they understand its to keep their loved ones as well as possible.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no longer worried about the virus at all because I'm going to die of a heart attack from looking at my investment accounts... :eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no longer worried about the virus at all because I'm going to die of a heart attack from looking at my investment accounts... :eek2:

Do what I do. Don’t look!
#headinsand #tomaintainsanity

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s pretty awful. I’m trying not to think about it. Apparently everything is going to be OK…eventually If we can just stay in that mindset!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't looked for a few weeks, but this morning I did. O.M.G. I need a drink -- and it's not even 9 am!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't looked for a few weeks, but this morning I did. O.M.G. I need a drink -- and it's not even 9 am!

Here you go.

Hugs!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah stop looking. I don't even look anymore because the anxiety of it goes through the roof.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was finally given the green light to pack everything and work from home. It took 5 trips to the car but I've brought my office home.

To everyone,
Try to stay sane
Try to stay healthy
Try to enjoy some peace and quiet with the family.

Goodness know what's going to happen to the economy, small/family businesses, and hourly workers who now cannot go in to work.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a shout-out to check your state's unemployment website if you are not working due to COVID-19 -- you may be eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. Also, many states have eliminated the one-week waiting period so if eligible your unemployment insurance benefits would start immediately

1584460891841.png

jepr

Rough_Rock
My co-worker sprays her hand with Windex because she ran out of hand sanitizer and drinks vodka every night :shock: How far can you go on preventing these types of pandemic?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eh. Never look. Well, at least during crazy times. Markets go up and down. I can hear the broker I used to work for in my head now. I'm quite sure he is buying all sorts of stuff. Prices are low now but will go up!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seriously! And if you check obsessively as I do, some days it was up a tiny bit in the morning then crash by that afternoon. It's like an emotional rollercoaster where anything green I see, however insignificant, gives me euphoria then BAM! Definitely adding unnecessary stress during an already stressful time.

Aww, I'm glad someone gets to enjoy this bizarre time. LOL!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 6.26.48 AM.png

Hugs!

hahahahaha

i'm worried for my folks, they are in an area that has a more intense spread. good thing is they were pretty much homebodies already so they should be able to keep their exposure to a minimum

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m about to leave to go get my yearly mammogram (about 6 months overdue).

I hadn’t said anything yet, but I’ve started the process to get gastric sleeve (weight loss surgery), but I have my supposed metal allergy to titanium and so I can’t get the MELISA testing from Germany because they said today in an email the CV has disrupted everything.

So the surgeon (who is DH’s partner) is supposed to get about 10 extra staples today during the sleeve surgery and DH is going to sterilize them and place under my skin for a week to see if I have a reaction. (Benefits of having a surgeon for a husband and #oldschool).

I’m also suppose to get Factor V Leiden testing because my mom’s females in her family love to throw blood clots (two died from theirs) and I found out today that as of this week, the cancer center is only treating active cancer patients so I can’t get it done here.

The husband of our best friend couple is an oncologist/hematologist so I just texted her to see if I can drive 1.5 hours and get it done by him.

Meanwhile, my surgeon is proceeding as planned and I could get this around the end of May provided nothing changes, which it likely will. Which, to be honest, I wanted it done ASAP but as things rapidly change around here, I’m cool to wait.

Maybe I’ll lose enough on the pre op diet to not need it, lol.

And to the person who asked if we are worried about gaining weight— my answer is no because it seems CV likes blood sugar/sugar/diabetes so I’m doing intermittent fasting and protein shakes right now. (Exception was the one and only crawfish boil we had sunday).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hadn’t said anything yet, but I’ve started the process to get gastric sleeve (weight loss surgery), but I have my supposed metal allergy to titanium and so I can’t get the MELISA testing from Germany because they said today in an email the CV has disrupted everything.

So the surgeon (who is DH’s partner) is supposed to get about 10 extra staples today during the sleeve surgery and DH is going to sterilize them and place under my skin for a week to see if I have a reaction. (Benefits of having a surgeon for a husband and #oldschool).

I’m also suppose to get Factor V Leiden testing because my mom’s females in her family love to throw blood clots (two died from theirs) and I found out today that as of this week, the cancer center is only treating active cancer patients so I can’t get it done here.

The husband of our best friend couple is an oncologist/hematologist so I just texted her to see if I can drive 1.5 hours and get it done by him.

Meanwhile, my surgeon is proceeding as planned and I could get this around the end of May provided nothing changes, which it likely will. Which, to be honest, I wanted it done ASAP but as things rapidly change around here, I’m cool to wait.

And to the person who asked if we are worried about gaining weight— my answer is no because it seems CV likes blood sugar/sugar/diabetes so I’m doing intermittent fasting and protein shakes right now. (Exception was the one and only crawfish boil we had sunday).

Having a surgeon for a husband would definitely help! I hope it all goes well and your metal allergy isn't a problem. Good luck with all of the testing coming back as boring as possible!

Elective procedures in this area (Seattle area) are postponed. I'm not sure what they define as elective at this point. I'm supposed to have an MRI on Monday but not sure if that is still on or not. Things are changing fast. My quarterly check with the MS Dr is going to be over the phone rather than in person. I figure I will wait until Friday and call to confirm the MRI unless I hear from them first. I'm actually considering postponing even if they say they are still running them. The place I go has confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the hospital plus is running a drive through screening center in the parking garage so parking will be even worse than usual. We'll see. One day at a time!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the universities and colleges in FL have cancelled commencements. WinnDixie, Publix have changed hours again WD 0800 to 2100 (check the locations) Publix 0800 to 2000

The ABC Fine Wine & Liquor store looks...emptyish. Thats a first!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got enough food and drink in the house for myself - checked.
Got enough food for the cat and the dog, including roast chicken as treats - checked.
Got enough loo rolls (a pack of 4) - checked.
Got enough meds for myself and the pets - checked.
Ready to self-isolate if required - checked.

I shall miss the social interactions with others for certain, and have set up a new Skype account and shall set up a new WhatsApp account too to keep me going if necessary.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You haven’t lost anything if you haven’t sold!
Yeah I don’t need to liquidate my investment money anytime soon and can’t touch my 401 anyways so I’m just not looking lol.

Yeah we are holding onto everything and eventually hopefully things will stabilize and return to some form of normal. I mean we are older now than the last recession but hopefully we will all be OK. And I am not looking at the investments anytime soon. If my DH wants to (and I am sure he is) that's up to him but for my sanity there is no point.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have the sleeve! If you ever have any questions or need support I'm happy to help!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover @whitewave I would love if you ladies would start a separate thread and share some of your journeys with getting the sleeve done. My husband and I have seriously started talking about it for me. Prediabetes, sleep apnea, and back issues are among a few reasons why I think I should. I don't personally know anyone who's had this; just RNY and the lap band, which apparently isn't really even being done anymore because of so many slippage issues.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover @whitewave I would love if you ladies would start a separate thread and share some of your journeys with getting the sleeve done. My husband and I have seriously started talking about it for me. Prediabetes, sleep apnea, and back issues are among a few reasons why I think I should. I don't personally know anyone who's had this; just RNY and the lap band, which apparently isn't really even being done anymore because of so many slippage issues.

I started a thread in "healthy lifestyles".

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of my children has a fever so our house is now in isolation for two weeks. The temp is very high but he thankfully doesn’t feel too bad in himself, and especially with children there’s always the possibility that it’s something else so I’m trying not to worry excessively. The timing has typically coincided with the U.K. government increasing the isolation period from 7 to 14 days and from individuals to households.

The problem with the UK is that our houses/kitchens/fridges etc are not the size in some other countries and a fortnight’s food for a family takes a lot of space! Although if Italians can cope in small, city centre flats we definitely should be able to. I have about a week’s worth of fresh meals and then we’ll have to hit the freezer and store cupboard options - the kids will be in seventh heaven on fish fingers, pasta/tuna and frittata with limited veg options. Hubby and I will be overdosing on chickpea stews (probably less tasty by the time the onions run out, and there were no peppers in the supermarket yesterday) and beetroot dahl (vacuum packed beetroot saves the day!) - I’ll be significantly happier than my husband with that. In fact, he may even vote for the kids’ option! Or maybe this will broaden the children’s palates a little if they know there’s no options.

The major casualty is likely to be our dog! I have no idea what the logistics of isolating are supposed to be for dog owners. We may have to go out to do some midnight walks, as he can’t go without a walk for 2 weeks. It’s got to be safer to go at night and steer clear of any other people than to have a walker come near the house to collect him? The roads near us are very quiet even in day time, so I think that would be safe but I just don’t know.

These are uncharted waters for everyone, I guess. I’ve caught my children giving me a couple of unsure looks when they’ve asked questions about how things will work and I’ve said that I have no idea, we’re all (governments included) having to make up the rules as we go along. I’ll have to work on fostering security and calm while we’re stuck in.

Talking of rule changes, our household screen time rules may be under severe attack for the next two weeks. Wish us luck...

Oh, no! I really hope for you all that this is nothing serious or requiring treatment, and the rest of you stay healthy.

As far as screen time, the NY Times had an opinion piece suggesting that parents not worry about screen time for the duration of this event - probably in the interests of household peace/sanity!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also screen time doesnt have to be a bad thing. If can be bonding to watch or play things together!

Truth. Being online got me through all those months I was basically housebound. That and chatting with friends IRL and on the phone so there are many things that can occupy one's mind if one is housebound for a long while. That and reading good books and you have it made.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BC finally closed their schools. Its spring break and I know many people did not heed the warning to stay home. Now at least they won't be able to infect an entire class or school.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results