shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm updating Austin Texas, at this moment there is NO Coronavirus cases, none.

I have 2 dr appts next week, I am hoping we stay CV free.

Thank you to EVERYONE and EVERYONE who updates, it's very very helpful

regards.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WA updates:

Public events of 250+ cancelled by order of the governor. All public schools told to prepare for the increasing probability of needing to close. More information to come later.

King County (plus a few more counties, I didn't see the complete list:
By order of the county health officials.
Gatherings under 250+ cancelled unless organizer takes steps to reduce danger of exposure. All schools ordered to prepare for likely mandatory shut downs of weeks to months. More information to follow concerning retail stores, private events, etc and how to be in compliance with the orders.

I'm surprised. WA is the biggest outbreak currently in the US and they still haven't closed schools?? Yikes.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got off the phone with my SIL who lives in D.C. and her first thing she said to me was "what are you doing to prepare"

Nothing, we haven't stockpiled we are business as usual.

*crickets*

"Steph, you realize this is a big deal right and they will probably close school etc and you won't be able to leave the house potentially"

Yes I'm aware but I'll worry about it all when the time comes.

*crickets*

Guys, maybe I'm doing this all wrong but I just can't get into the mindset because then I will be in a bunker with astronaut food for the next six months.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nursing home resident in New Orleans now has it. This is going to be a nightmare.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra I stayed home as much as I could but I had two dentist appointments this week...I usually shop every day for groceries..We did a bunch on the way back from our other house on Sunday so I wouldn’t have to go every day...I’ve been inside most of the time except for necessary trips. I had to pick up my dog on Monday from his hotel. Thursday I have to be out to pick up meds for my dog...I have to also pick up my son from an after work program on Thursday. I plan on doing more grocery shopping near where I have up pick my son on Thursday...to bring to my other house in Maryland for this weekend. My bank is also in there so will deposit a check. That will be a lot of mingling on that day...but so far nothing is in that area...It‘s a gamble..You don’t realize how much exposure you get with people on a daily basis. I’m going to try ordering more from Amazon and Instacart.

You must be a great cook to go shopping every day! I wanted to mention that some pharmacies are now delivering, so if your dog's rx would be filled through a CVS, for example, then they may be able to deliver to you. I went grocery shopping this morning, very few shoppers there, so if you can, that would be the ideal time to go, the earlier the better. Also, I've become a huge fan of whole foods delivery through Amazon. No delivery fee through prime, but tipping can add to costs. Whole foods offers a lot of specials when ordering on-line, so I feel like the cost balances out. I have considered that the person filling orders could be sick, so there's that risk to consider also.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nursing home resident in New Orleans now has it. This is going to be a nightmare.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I hope the CDC or whoever is prepared to send in specifically-trained professionals ASAP.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just conducted annual compliance training with a woman who spent the entire time biting at a hangnail and fiddling with her fake eyelashes. :eek-2:

Do much for don't touch your face.

She also just got back from Italy a few weeks ago.

When it came time for her to sign the training acknowledgement I waited until she left and picked the pen up with a clorox wipe and dropped it in the trash.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our state now has 3 cases.
They are already postponing events and large gatherings. Two upcoming events that DH and I were to attend have been cancelled.
I admit it. I have been stocking up on pantry staples.
As I go around to the stores, I am seeing depletions in rice, beans, and canned food in general. Bleach, disinfectant wipes and other cleaning supplies are being snapped up quickly.
I am supposed to attend a big food show in Texas next month. I sure hope they cancel it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two articles detailing how the CDC and the Trump administration managed to delay testing and let the coronavirus spread in the United States.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no toilet paper again. I'm actually starting to worry that once we run out of our 40 pack, we won't be able to get more. All the Lysol/Clorox products are also sold out, and OTC cold and flu meds. No hand sanitizer. So to be honest, my household is not prepared really, and we can't get prepared. Canned goods are also raided. I keep hoping the hoarding will stop so we can just do normal shopping. We also usually do groceries several times a week for fresh meat and produce. We being anyone but me now.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no toilet paper again. I'm actually starting to worry that once we run out of our 40 pack, we won't be able to get more. All the Lysol/Clorox products are also sold out, and OTC cold and flu meds. No hand sanitizer. So to be honest, my household is not prepared really, and we can't get prepared. Canned goods are also raided. I keep hoping the hoarding will stop so we can just do normal shopping. We also usually do groceries several times a week for fresh meat and produce. We being anyone but me now.

Where are you looking for TP? I'm on the west coast, so obviously not close by, but many "alternative" stores carry tp. Shoppers, lowes, home depot, can tire all carry it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF That would be great. There are a few of us in the tri-state area. Something to look forward to after this is over.

@Tekate You remember my DD is in Brooklyn as well so if I hear anything I’ll shout out to you. My DD will probably be working from home soon she said. No idea why they’re waiting. She can easily work from home.

Thank you @MakingTheGrade for your sacrifice to help others. I also feel like I’m on the front lines as we are still in session as usual.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
revelations.jpg

I know I know...but sometimes its better to just laugh at the stupidity.

@lyra, wish you lived near me friend, hopefully things will return to some normality in your area.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You must be a great cook to go shopping every day! I wanted to mention that some pharmacies are now delivering, so if your dog's rx would be filled through a CVS, for example, then they may be able to deliver to you. I went grocery shopping this morning, very few shoppers there, so if you can, that would be the ideal time to go, the earlier the better. Also, I've become a huge fan of whole foods delivery through Amazon. No delivery fee through prime, but tipping can add to costs. Whole foods offers a lot of specials when ordering on-line, so I feel like the cost balances out. I have considered that the person filling orders could be sick, so there's that risk to consider also.
@Loves Vintage I started shopping every day when my boys were younger. They would eat me out of house and home..cleaning out the fridge. They would bring their friends too...usually after practice or games...I don’t decide what to make for dinner until that morning..even though I only have one son home with me. My husband and mom are also here...I don’t buy a lot at once...except for zero water and my husband’s ice tea. It’s actually nice not having to go every day. I miss my daily Hershey’s chocolate bar..If I bought more than one at a time I would eat it all..:lickout:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra - Is there somewhere that you can order some supplies on line? For hand-sanitizer, we made some (well my husband did) using rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel, per a DIY recipe he found on line. Not sure how legit it is, but better than nothing?

I haven't bought a ton, but maybe two weeks ago, over-bought on some dry goods - rice, flour, cereal, just in case, but things we would eat anyway. Lady behind me in grocery store today bought a mega-pack of TP, so seems like still available here. It's the one thing I haven't even thought to buy. Oh, that and clorox wipes. People are obsessed with them! We have bleach and bleach spray at home, so will just use that if needed to sanitize. I guess if people go on an airplane, they want the convenience of wipes, but otherwise, I don't get it. But, have also heard bleach sold out in some places.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the neighborhood app someone asked about hurricane season. people poopooed this poor guy. Honestly it happens every year, and for people who are here, this is that time of year where you start thinking about it, spring cleaning and getting things in place (which can take months honestly)

I get that people are upset over coronavirus but again, but don't ignore natural disasters in your own area. they do and will continue to happen. Heck I forewent a piece of jewelry over a generator... I was dedicated!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm surprised. WA is the biggest outbreak currently in the US and they still haven't closed schools?? Yikes.

Each district has been acting individually. A couple had closed. Individual schools were closed for cleaning periodically. Some private went online sooner.

Since my post, several large districts have closed for the next two weeks with longer expected. Hoping for more soon. (I agree that it is scary they have been going this long!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra - Is there somewhere that you can order some supplies on line? For hand-sanitizer, we made some (well my husband did) using rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel, per a DIY recipe he found on line. Not sure how legit it is, but better than nothing?

I haven't bought a ton, but maybe two weeks ago, over-bought on some dry goods - rice, flour, cereal, just in case, but things we would eat anyway. Lady behind me in grocery store today bought a mega-pack of TP, so seems like still available here. It's the one thing I haven't even thought to buy. Oh, that and clorox wipes. People are obsessed with them! We have bleach and bleach spray at home, so will just use that if needed to sanitize. I guess if people go on an airplane, they want the convenience of wipes, but otherwise, I don't get it. But, have also heard bleach sold out in some places.

Bleach is being rationed at my local store. Limited stock of it. Same for TP, paper towels, hand soap, cleaning supplies, etc. Some places are limiting big bags of rice and dried goods to one per household.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third case just confirmed in CT the latest patient is an elderly male.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third case just confirmed in CT the latest patient is an elderly male.

I just saw that. And, believed to be community transfer. No known connection to the other cases here, and no recent travel.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw that. And, believed to be community transfer. No known connection to the other cases here, and no recent travel.

Well that is concerning, just goes to show that it is much more widespread than what is being reported.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Louisiana now has 13, with 3 more from the senior living/nursing home. All community spread and spreading outside the NOLA area.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@lyra Look on Amazon for canned goods..I purchased soup from them...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Around here, massive panic buying lasted bad about a week. TP and hand soap kept selling out FAST for another almost week. Now TP and the other cleaning supplies are still harder to find, but do come available. Check earlier morning. I was just able to grab 3 packs of 12 for their regular price.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results