shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you tempted to have two dif. colors of wedding sets?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a silver-coloured set, but I'm tempted to get a nice big yellow gold ring for when I'm rocking my yellow gold accessories! Or do you just go for the mixed metal look? Or does your single set have mixed metals?

What's a gal to do? :angel:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My set is a mixed metal look so I don't have two sets. But I love the idea! Lol

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely, in fact I have a few.

My original set is yellow. After I reset my stone, I had another stone (of a material we don't discuss here) put in it's place. It's a different shape, too, which I find fun.
Then the set I wear most is white.
I also have a three stone in yellow (again that alternate stone type.)
And most recently, I acquired a lovely yellow diamond set in white, with yellow prongs. The yellow is subtle, so it's not really a two tone look, but I can wear that ring with white pave bands on either side, or I'll put the yellow band between the paves and wear all three as a stack with the new ring.

I understand wanting just one set, as I did that for years, but eventually I found I like to play with my jewelry, so I do! Why not? All the sets have meaning, recalling different parts of our life together, it's nearly 26 years, so we've changed and grown along with my sets :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have 2 different colored sets! My OEC is set in white metal, and recently I purchased a yellow diamond ring and band and I switch back and forth as the mood strikes. I know it's not for everyone, but I like to change looks once in a while and I'm enjoying the warmth and glow of the yg.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mix and match metals.

Right now I am wearing my platinum Vatche wedding band with my 14K yellow gold pear.
I bought that matching Vatche band to go with my CBI RHR but decided that I didn't
want it scratching the other ring.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I know I could have got one super ring for the amount I have spent on rings but I love to have different metal colours, completely different looks - cool minimalist to vintage with yellow gold and coloured stones. Different moods, different outfits. Some rings also blend better with with the collection of earrings I have.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I mix and match, I guess. I only have one ring that's two tone with platinum heads with a yellow gold shank, all the rest are 18k or 14k white gold. White metal usually looks better on me because I'm pale, but something about the yellow gold is nice--buttery, warm, and makes the ring look really antique, because you can see where the crowns begin.

I don't think I would ever want two wedding sets, though, because I would feel bad about not wearing one set. I already want to figure out a way to wear the stone from my original engagement ring when I get my upgrade. Also, I'd rather one item that's the biggest and best I can get, rather than dividing the funds into two sets. :lol:

rubybeth_5_stone.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
My current and original set is platinum. Working on a yellow gold set... :Up_to_something:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to have two sets. My main set is in wg but when I feel like yg, I wear scattered diamond band in yg or trinity ring. A FLY pear or cushion in yg is on my wish list.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why stop there??!! I'm tempted to have as many wedding sets as my husband will allow!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#seriously

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have wedding bands in various colors of gold and diamonds. I have eternity bands of white diamonds, yellow diamonds, and pink diamonds - they are all either platinum, yellow gold or rose gold. My E-ring is platinum. I love to mix and match :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1435246393|3894102 said:
Why stop there??!! I'm tempted to have as many wedding sets as my husband will allow!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#seriously

+1 :appl:

My original set is yg, but I have not worn it since changing over to a better diamond and platinum settings.

But sure, I'd like another set. Not necessarily different metal, but I'd like an emerald cut and an antique cushion, ideally!

I really can't wear a huge diamond in my real world, so it makes more sense for me to have two 2 ct diamonds as opposed to one 3 ct diamond, for example.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results