shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you telling people baby names?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 8:14:56 PM
Author: natalina
Packrat- We will definitely call her Emmie/Ellie if we choose one of those names. We actually really want a name that has a nickname. That''s one of the things that holds us back from Avery and Tessa.

I am curious (of course!) what comments you have had regarding the name Tessa. I really love the name Emerson but my DH would not go for it. Don''t let people sway you n the middle name. As long as you and your DH love it, go for it! DH''s grandmother was named Wave. That''s pretty unique.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what I'll do about names, but I'll probably be too excited to hold back if someone asked me out right. Though I would try to only tell if I really had it narrowed down to one or two names, because otherwise people seem to think you're open for their suggestions.

And as for middle names, I don't see the big fuss at all! Pick the most unique middle name out there because, in my experience, most people will never even know the kid's middle name, but the few that do will probably think it's cool. I can only think of maybe 10 people who actually know my middle name, so if I get a chance to name kids I won't really worry about picking something that sounds good with the first name, etc. I'll probably just pick names that are special to us somehow and leave it at that.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori- everyone has responded really well to Tessa. Personally, it makes me think of porch swings and lazy summers with a glass of sweet tea...not sure why. I just see a sweet little girl in a summer dress playing outside. But I can also see it as very grown up and sophisticated for when she''s older- like Tess from Ocean''s Eleven (Julia Roberts as the museum curator). I also love that it isn''t very common. It throws me for a loop because ALL of the other names I like all fairly gender neutral, yet to me Tessa is SO girly and I love it! The nickname thing is the only catch. DH realllllllllly wants a name that can be shortened into a nickname. I guess there''s Tessie or Tess. I keep telling him that we will have a pet name for her no matter what we name her. We have nicknames for our dogs that don''t even go with their names- I couldn''t even tell you how we came up with them!

It doesn''t hurt that your little Tessa is a doll! I just love all the pics you post- what a little sweetie! Do ou know any other Tessa''s IRL?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results