shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still going for walks outside?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still trying to get in daily walks, but it seems like everyone is having the same idea. I feel like I’m running away from anyone I encounter nearby, even over 6 feet away.

It’s starting to get overwhelming to the point I may just stop altogether, but I want to go outside and get fresh air and exercise. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to even keep track of what the protocol is. They say particles are flying around in the air hours after, I don’t have any masks, I’m hand washing and doing what I need to do, but it’s taking a gigantic mental toll. So what are you doing about outside time?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am able to go for walks outside. There haven't been many people out walking when I've been out, and we keep far apart-- much farther than 6 ft.

I don't wear a mask when walking outside. It would only make my glasses fog.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get up and go for a walk first thing in the morning. I went out this morning with my husband and we encountered nobody. Granted, it was spitting ever so slightly, and it was cold and windy, but in Massachusetts you just have to bite the bullet and do it anyway. I go first thing so I've got some exercise under my belt right from the get-go, and so it loosens up my body at the beginning of the day.

So my best suggestion is - go early. You *cannot* sit inside all day every day for the next X number of weeks! We'd all go out of our minds, and - goodness knows - it's hard enough already!

ETA And ditto @pearlsngems - no mask.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a dog and take him out for a walk every day in early evenings around 17:00.
The streets in my neighbourhood is quieter by then, and when we bump into anyone, we would move out of the way in order to keep the 2m/6ft distance.
Once, 2 people were talking in my path and I had to go between them, I politely asked if I could go through first, so that they could move out of the way before I walked through the gap between them.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We stopped a few days ago only because I’m not feeling well and I don’t want to infect anyone. I hope I don’t have Covid 19 but I’m not taking any chances with anyone’s health. When I am completely well I hope to resume our daily walks. They boosted my emotional health.

Some photos during our daily walks this past month.

9FF3581A-FACD-4DCB-97FD-DD93744A0D0B.jpeg F7A177C5-CC8C-4A9C-8551-F44B80A75EF5.jpeg 57C759EC-87E4-41F6-A524-D8525C94BFE6.jpeg FA508B6A-A956-490B-8FB2-21CA74915866.jpeg 1D59CA2D-298B-459F-80AA-8E4251CCA2C7.jpeg 8B94042A-24E4-4E54-8064-B9A59EA21290.jpeg E5214E0E-0ABC-4312-B80E-F771B8A1A1A9.jpeg F4E820DC-DE3B-4368-9BA1-7AFB9C0ECE20.jpeg E94F576D-928B-4DFE-99C6-38279FB98C01.jpeg 049DB8AD-70D8-4217-A75F-55472B3B6338.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I walk to work so yeah still outside. I also go for a jog when the weather is nice as exercise. I do my best to jog early when it’s quiet out and about. I used to wear a mask to help protect other people (how would I know if I’m an asymptomatic carrier?) but then people got rude and aggressive with me (I’m Chinese) and so I stopped. I put my mask on at work since thankfully my hospital wised up (and have decent supply chain) and we now have universal masking.

Also this “hanging in the air” thing is true more for aerosolized particles, not droplets, and is more of a concern for medical staff doing intubation procedures. I think some articles aren’t being clear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go during "off" hours so there's fewer people. Early morning and early evening seems to be the peak times.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely have to get out of the house daily or I would go bats!#t crazy! :eek2: We are feeling well currently and live on a quiet area, so not many people around at all.
I also have a small garden that is very peaceful and I so out with a cuppa to stretch my legs!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OreoRosies86 - Depending on where you are located, but can you drive somewhere that is less populated in order to walk? We've been going on trail walks. A week and a half ago, we so no one on our walks. One day last week, it was unusually warm here, and I saw more people on the trail than I had ever seen before. Eek. Then we went to another trail yesterday, and not a soul in sight, but it was rainy. I'd definitely try driving a little ways out, to avoid people. It makes me uncomfortable. I've read some towns are closing trails because people were congregating still.

@missy - beautiful flowering trees. What is that vehicle in the first photo?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep to my same schedule in the morning as no one is out that time of day. I also walk in the evening without issue. people here are taking it serious, we wave at each other but stay far away.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a Velomobile. A covered trike.
Cool right?

@missy - beautiful flowering trees. What is that vehicle in the first photo?

Thanks @Loves Vintage - it helps me to see beauty all around despite it being an ugly time due to Covid 19.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since my neighborhood is quiet, I do still take a walk. If it was very crowded I would not.

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Parks and trails are deemed closed and nobody is allowed to go there in my county. I just walk around my neighbourhood.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Get well soon x

We are able to still walk as we are very rural. We will occasionally see another walker on the tracks or the other side of a field, but it's not often & not a problem. We are REALLY appreciating living in the arse end of nowhere right now, as my brother in law lives in an apartment in a busy town & is really struggling to find decent outdoor time. He has a dog too, but he says it's mostly too busy to get out. He has a home gym & is keeping fit, but generally it's far from ideal.

Hugs to everyone & I hope you can get some regular fresh air, even if it's not every single day.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely.

Really clears the mind and cheers us up.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Are those beautiful photos of flowering trees from this year?? Here in Massachusetts, we got nothin'.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Are those beautiful photos of flowering trees from this year?? Here in Massachusetts, we got nothin'.

Yes they are from just the past 2 weeks or so.❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes they are from just the past 2 weeks or so.❤

Sigh. I miss New York. I loved living in Westchester Co. The suburbs here around Boston are like the night of the living dead. Good lord it's quiet here! And cold. And wet. And NOTHING IS OUT YET.

(I'm sorry - did I say that out loud??)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
We went walking on a favorite local trail yesterday. The path is all cement sidewalk, but meanders around a creek and is heavily wooded. To my delight, someone had used bright colored chalk to write positive affirmations randomly on the sidewalk. Things like "this too will pass"/ "you are loved" /"be happy"/ "smile" with rainbows and hearts etc. Was very nice to see!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I miss New York. I loved living in Westchester Co. The suburbs here around Boston are like the night of the living dead. Good lord it's quiet here! And cold. And wet. And NOTHING IS OUT YET.

(I'm sorry - did I say that out loud??)

I could use quiet. The streets here are still too crowded. :(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We walked yesterday--people on bikes and walking. No crowds and people respecting the distancing rules. Too cold today for any outdoor activity other than picking up a few groceries.

cheers--Sharon

Q

Queenie60

Yes, we live in a suburb where the homes are spread out, we do not encounter too many people at all hours of the day. And when I do encounter others, they respect the distancing rules.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We walked yesterday--people on bikes and walking. No crowds and people respecting the distancing rules. Too cold today for any outdoor activity other than picking up a few groceries.

cheers--Sharon

Canadians are way more sensible than NYers.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canadians are way more sensible than NYers.

LOL I dunno about that @missy but I like that people are waving and greeting everyone--we are all feeling this need to be connected even if we are 12 feet away.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not going until I get a mask. I've ordered from different places, but nothing has come yet. My daughter and her fiance walk the dogs daily, but say there are always people out, which is kind of discouraging. It gets hard for them to dodge sometimes, so they've been trying to go at night, but then it's too cold for the dogs. I spend time outside in the backyard instead.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Wish I could but 100% banned over here at the moment. Day 4 of a full lockdown, and our president has called in the army to patrol the streets and make sure we stick to it!

My boys play in the garden (so grateful we have a garden!!) and I do a short stint on the exercise bicycle twice a day. I’ve moved the exercise bicycle to a semi-enclosed porch, so I’m at least getting some exercise and fresh air.

Hoping lockdown is lifted or at least eased soon. I started my own lockdown 10 days before the rest of the country so I’m starting to lose it a bit, lol.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I could but 100% banned over here at the moment. Day 4 of a full lockdown, and our president has called in the army to patrol the streets and make sure we stick to i

My boys play in the garden (so grateful we have a garden!!) and I do a short stint on the exercise bicycle twice a day. I’ve moved the exercise bicycle to a semi-enclosed porch, so I’m at least getting some exercise and fresh air.

Hoping lockdown is lifted or at least eased soon. I started my own lockdown 10 days before the rest of the country so I’m starting to lose it a bit, lol.

When did you start? I technically began on the 13th except for a pharmacy run on the 17th.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
When did you start? I technically began on the 13th except for a pharmacy run on the 17th.

Monday 17 March. So 13 days now? Feels longer! :lol:

But I’ll be ok! =)2

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We're trying to maintain a routine so walk with the kids twice a day at 9am and later in the afternoon (when they'd normally be walking to/from from school). I've noticed two types of people, those like us who move over or let people pass at safe distance and say hello while doing so and those who pointedly move as far away as they can while pulling scarves tighter around their mouthes.

Yesterday a woman had a go, shouting at me and the two kids because we were ina group of three. I explained we were 'a household' and these were my children and I wouldn't feel comfortable letting them out on their own. I took it as a compliment, obviously I don't look old enough to have kids taller than me :) but people have different levels of anxiety and reactions. I'm just trying things as normal and sensible as I can.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results