shape
carat
color
clarity

are you one of those PETless PSer?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the mom to the bestest dog in the world but DH says once Hollis is gone, no.more.pets! ;(

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No.

LOL.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Laughinggravy0|1294955839|2822048 said:
AdiS - oh no, oh no. I am so very sorry.
My mother's burmese died when it got to 18. Vet came round to put it down when its kidneys really packed up. This was five years ago and my mother still hasn't got over it.when i told her I had got Molls, she seemed actually pissed off with me. Two years on, this Christmas, she told me the reason she wasn't actually rejoicing was because she didn't want me to go through the pretty inevitable heart ache.

interesting that you know someone really well and they can still think in ways that really surprise you. I couldn't work out at all why she had sounded so condemnatory. Turns out she was frightened I'd be hurt in the long run. Once a mum, always a mom huh?

African Grey anyone??

(oh and we, UK, don't say 'gotten'.... hmmm.... just in case.... :wink2: )

Thank you, Laughinggravy, and I have to say I agree with all your thoughts on having a pet. You do have to be commited, which in turn makes the heart ache when you finally lose them even more unbearable. I kinda understand where your mom was coming from, but if you love animals as much as I do, I can't imagine not having another pet, sooner or later. I'm a dog lover, myself, and I know that the kind of selfless and unequivocal love you get from a dog is something a human being is just not capable of. I miss having this in my life. My dog, Barry, was a german shepherd and I've had him since I was 12-13 years old. We basically grew up together and he had always been a friend, a playfellow, a protector (he'd start growling whenever someone we didn't know tried to come too close to me). He listened patiently to all my teen drama stories and had the grace to not even look annoyed :lol: When I introduced him to my DH, Barry's whole-hearted approval meant a lot to me, as insane as that sounds.

Then last year he just suddenly fell ill, the vets said it's just his time and they couldn't do anything about it, except put him out of his misery. I was in shock, and I couldn't imagine making that kind of decision. It was as if my old friend didn't want to burden me with it, either. One evening he just looked at me as if saying goodbye, and the next morning he was gone. I'm still becoming too emotional just writing about it, so sorry for the teary OT, everyone. Anyway, I know that someday I'll be ready for a new friend with paws and a wagging tail because even the grief over Barry's death is not enough to obliterate the good moments and joy he brought to my life.

Your Molls is such a sweetheart, give her a kiss on that cute face for me 8)

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I'll give her two.
Go well

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results