shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you/FF planning on changing your name(s)?

What are you and your FF planning to do with your names when you marry?

• I will change my last name to his and he won''t change his (MyFirst MyMiddle HisLast and HIsFirst Hi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will take his name.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will take his last name.

• I will hyphenate our names, he will not.

• He will hyphenate our names, I will not.

• Other.

• We will both hyphenate our last names.

• We will come up with a completely new last name together.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m taking his name, and I can''t wait!! Here''s why! My name is St. ---, we''ll say St. Thomas for argument''s sake, but the Thomas is French and unpronouncable by...well, anyone.
9.gif
People call me Meagan Thomas, like the St isn''t there. Or it''s Stthomas. Or various combos of St Thomas, St-Thomas, St.Thomas. So irritating!! FI''s is equally French and unpronouncable, but at least it''s not a phrase. LOL!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Bia,
Mr. Swimmer is pretty freakin'' cool imho.
31.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took his last name so I was my name, middle name, his last name, but 20 years in I missed ME. So I had all my documents changed to my name, maiden name, his name and I write all three on everything, no hyphen. I just felt like I had disappeared.

letthesunshine

Rough_Rock
I like my last name more than his and would love to keep my last name because I come from a family of 3 girls all of which will change their names. However, he is the only boy in his family to carry on his name and his dad makes it pretty clear that he better have a boy or else the family name will die. I dont know I guess I havent really thought about it that much, too focused on getting a proposal
1.gif

But...I do have this to say. I use his club card at the grocery store and I love it when the grocery checker says "Thanks Mrs. (his last name), you saved however much, have a good day". I love going to the store for that reason, it always makes my day
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I will take his name. I''m quite the traditionalist...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results