shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a jewelry collection minimalist or maximalist?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, you might find this interesting reading. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minimalist...I just want to grab a ring for each hand and don't really want to have to think about it! I'm like that with purses
and shoes too.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Somewhere in the middle. I also think it depends on the item.

I’m trying to build a small, but nice collection of coordinated items to rotate out. I don’t see myself with a dozen or more rings, for example. But I’d love 2-5 options for rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets. And one watch. I don’t see myself with lots of watches, just one daily watch.

I also wear rings on multiple fingers (i.e. middle and index) so that changes things.

Last but not least, I like ornate and antique to ultra modern and minimal designs. I want representations of those stylist differences. If I had a narrower preference maybe I’d feel differently

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a minimalist at heart but that doesn’t always translate in real life for me. ♥️

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Somewhere in the middle. I also think it depends on the item.

I’m trying to build a small, but nice collection of coordinated items to rotate out. I don’t see myself with a dozen or more rings, for example. But I’d love 2-5 options for rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets. And one watch. I don’t see myself with lots of watches, just one daily watch.

I also wear rings on multiple fingers (i.e. middle and index) so that changes things.

Last but not least, I like ornate and antique to ultra modern and minimal designs. I want representations of those stylist differences. If I had a narrower preference maybe I’d feel differently

Tell me about this “one watch to rule them all”! Do you have one in mind? Do you already have one?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Tell me about this “one watch to rule them all”! Do you have one in mind? Do you already have one?

It’s actually love fairly simple watches, usually stainless steel with mother of pearl faces. No diamonds. I also prefer smaller to medium sized watches, usually 28mm-36mm faces

My current loves are the Baume and Mercier Promesse, and the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra, both with white MOP

If I could hunt down a Cartier Ronde with an MOP face, I’d love that too…but I don’t believe such a watch exists!

**edit - and no, I don’t have one…maybe for a milestone anniversary I’ll finally get one!

I love jewelry and I will never have a capsule collection, so in that sense I’m not a minimalist! But I also rarely stack or wear too many things at one time. But I also subscribe to the bigger is better philosophy.

I’d summarise by saying I’m like a “carefully considered ardent collector” in that I always have a wish list and want multiple items, but I don’t buy willy nilly and do have some amount of purpose and planning involved.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a minimalist at heart but that doesn’t always translate in real life for me. ♥️
This is me. I think.
I seem to be collecting Just One... Of each Type of $Something...
But there seem to be lots of Types of Things out there...

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love jewelry and I will never have a capsule collection, so in that sense I’m not a minimalist! But I also rarely stack or wear too many things at one time. But I also subscribe to the bigger is better philosophy.

I’d summarise by saying I’m like a “carefully considered ardent collector” in that I always have a wish list and want multiple items, but I don’t buy willy nilly and do have some amount of purpose and planning involved.

Yes to all of this!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just dont get the whole capsule thing so im definatly not a minimalist
Sometimes i wish i had just bought a couple of really great pieces .... but i did not know any of you back then

anyway i like having options and i now have a pearl wishlist a mile long

i like layering and stacking and mixing & matching but i need more practice and i dont want things to scratch

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well…. It all started with one set of earrings (2001) And a ring 2008(?) ….
Pricescope (2011). Need I say more???

I now have sets of rings for each hand which I rotate… and 5 earrings to match the sets…. And 3 pendants which match to the ring sets. And… watches that sorta match.
And bracelet/ cuffs that sorta match, too!

There may be a few more on the way.
So, I am best described as:

Minimalist coordinated wearer of bling but (modest) hoarder in collection

Last edited:
M

MillieLou

Minimalist.

Daily wear:

1 plain wedding ring.
1 solitaire EC diamond ring (10 year anniversary ring)
1 watch (25th birthday gift)

Occasional wear:

1 simple necklace (21st birthday gift)
1 gemstone ring (celebrating birth of my child)

That's it :)

I used to have more, but never wore it and sold it all to put towards towards the anniversary ring. Very happy with that.

I plan to perhaps get a piece for future milestone birthdays and anniversaries. Nothing more.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a minimalist in what I WEAR. Usually earrings (studs or hoops), my short dbty necklace or a pendant, and an e-ring on the left hand. That's it most days. If going out somewhere special, then I might add a bracelet or long necklace.

I am very happy with the pieces I have collected in terms of quality and classic style. It's not a huge collection by any means. But the truth is, I wear a few things often and many things very rarely. So technically I'd make a fine minimalist if I just didn't love collecting jewelry! I am trying to slow down, though!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hoarder. Magpie. Collector. Mad stasher. Troll under the bridge? Goblin in a cave? That’s me :) I will never get rid of anything, or sell anything. Even my first purchases at mall stores. Mine mine mine. No touchy!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I'm jewelry hoarder. its odd because I always wear my studs, my engagement ring, my eternity band and my tennis bracelet. My necklace i change daily I collect Tous bear necklaces as well as tiny diamond treasure pendants. I have tons of bracelets but I never wear them . I want to but I got enough going on
So I guess I am not a minimalist I got a little carried away... _15516.jpg img_2664.jpg _15695.jpg

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Compulsive hoarder here. Cant help it! But the flip side is that eventually I let things go again. It’s like the tide, regular and predictable. When my collection gets too big, I get nervous and start jettisoning. And then I regret it and start buying again. Hopeless!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm definitely more of a minimalist. I prefer fewer, 'better' pieces to lots of cheaper pieces. I don't have an extraordinary jewellery budget by any means, so I tend to save up for pieces that I really, really want to own. I have my wedding band and e-ring, 2 RHRs, 3 bracelets, two necklaces and half a dozen pairs of earrings (I wear 3 pairs at a time!) in total. If I find another must-have piece, I usually sell something I already own to make a spot for it.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I guess that I'm an day-to-day minimalist - I wear the same ring (non-diamond, even) and watch on a daily basis. I never change my earrings (small white gold hoops).

But if I'm leaving the house to go somewhere nice, I have other fun or sparkly rings that I can chuck on, and a few nice necklaces to choose from.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results