shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a jewelry collection minimalist or maximalist?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This isn't everything...but it's most of it minus a few other bits and bobs and my wedding band + engagement ring which truthfully should've made the cut, :lol: but I am planning on resetting it.

Forgive anything in need of a cleaning! Today is bath day...well, every 3rd day of wear is bath day! :bigsmile:

I had fun taking a few pics!

IMG-8047.jpg

IMG-8042.jpg

IMG-8059.jpg

My two favorite loose stones waiting to be set...I have been a good(ish) girl and have resisted stockpiling gemstones!

IMG-8037.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader

Thanks! Those green ring holders are velvet ring boxes without using the lids. I got them on etsy.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm a middlist! Not minimum, definitely not maximum, and I wear all the pieces I own, cycling through regularly.

Altho I have a healthy sized collection, Each piece has been bought to occupy a place within that collection, and to coordinate with other pieces I already own.

I have 4 smaller collections within my whole collection - yellow gold, white metals, rose gold, and pearls - and within each collection I have something I can wear on my wedding finger with a welder, a pendant - sometimes 2 if I want to have a more formal look and a more casual look, a bracelet or bangle, casual earrings and dress earrings.

To those basics I've added a few extra rings for color, and a few enamel pieces, which fall into the yellow gold collection category.

I have one pair of diamond cluster earrings currently being made, and they go with my cluster ring, and I have a diamond melee collection I want to use to make a diamond necklace of some sort - just as soon as I work out what that might be!

And that's about it!

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Minimalist! Though not on moral grounds More general laziness. But I haven’t changed this up for about 4 months now:

-Rose gold ball studs in all ear piercings
-Rose gold bezel “askew” heart diamond pendant (18 inch chain)
-Yellow gold disk pendant with custom quote (30 inch chain)
-Apple watch
-Wedding set

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
Minimalist.

Daily wear:

1 plain wedding ring.
1 solitaire EC diamond ring (10 year anniversary ring)
1 watch (25th birthday gift)

Occasional wear:

1 simple necklace (21st birthday gift)
1 gemstone ring (celebrating birth of my child)

That's it :)

I used to have more, but never wore it and sold it all to put towards towards the anniversary ring. Very happy with that.

I plan to perhaps get a piece for future milestone birthdays and anniversaries. Nothing more.

How did you sell everything. I sometimes think about selling pieces I don't wear, but am not really sure where to start.

M

MillieLou

How did you sell everything. I sometimes think about selling pieces I don't wear, but am not really sure where to start.

It was mostly older gold pieces so I literally just sold almost all of it for scrap metal value. There's a good, reliable place in the UK that I use. I could have got more selling individually but that's all too complicated for me.

I sold two higher value items to lovely PSers via Loupe Troop. Ironically I do really miss those... they were beautiful. But know I wouldn't really wear them and they should be worn and appreciated!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
I'm definitely a minimalist. I have pieces in my collection right now that are bothering me because I need to find something to do with them (sell, re-design).

I went through a ring phase and then realized that I just don't like wearing rings other than my e-ring or a lucky charm ring and never both at once. Actually, my favorite ring is by Catbird and it's whisper-thin and barely there and was super affordable. I do love the bold stacked look on others, though.

I also went through a pearl phase only to realize that my active lifestyle doesn't really complement the delicate nature of pearls. Again, another realm of jewelry that I admire & appreciate on others. I once dropped a pretty pearl dangle earring on the concrete, which resulted in chips and scratches along the surface. It made me so sad but it also made me realize that pearls are not for me because chips & scratches drive me crazy and you can't buff them out.

Most days I wear diamond studs, maybe a solitaire pendant, and most recently my tennis bracelet. I tend to go for classic pieces now and acquire slowly & mindfully with perfection, longevity, comfort & versatility in mind.

However, I do love earrings and enjoy variety in my collection as well as loose gemstones. I have plans to add a padparadscha sapphire & paraiba tourmalines to my collection and would like to have these made into a solitaire pendant or earrings, depending on if I can find a well-matched pair.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say I'm a minimalist. I usually wear my studs, a wedding set, and sometimes a rhr and/or a diamond pendant. I have purchased several rings since joining PS 12 years ago and I do like having a little variety when it comes to rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results