shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these real color pearl? or dyed color pearl?

helphelp911

Rough_Rock

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
At least some of the pearls are dyed, like the black, bright pink and bright green ones.

I'm not a fan, to be honest. The pearls are stuffed into the shells along with a bunch of nasty chemicals to preserve the dead oysters. They're presented as the pearls coming in the oyster naturally when they don't. Besides some of the pearls being dyed, they're also the wrong type of pearls for the shell. The pearls are inexpensive Chinese freshwater pearls and the oyster and shell are akoya, which come from saltwater (saltwater pearls are usually much more expensive than freshwater pearls).

Then, they're typically given to children, who put their hands into that toxic mess, while "learning" cheesy misinformation.

For a surprise for kids, I'd just do something like make up little grab bags instead (little bags full of little fun, inexpensive toys, hopefully ones that are also non-toxic). Or plan a fun event where they learn something about nature that's accurate.

Last edited:

helphelp911

Rough_Rock
At least some of the pearls are dyed, like the black, bright pink and bright green ones.

I'm not a fan, to be honest. The pearls are stuffed into the shells along with a bunch of nasty chemicals to preserve the dead oysters. They're presented as the pearls coming in the oyster naturally when they don't. Besides some of the pearls being dyed, they're also the wrong type of pearls for the shell. The pearls are inexpensive Chinese freshwater pearls and the oyster and shell are akoya, which come from saltwater (saltwater pearls are usually much more expensive than freshwater pearls).

Then, they're typically given to children, who put their hands into that toxic mess, while "learning" cheesy misinformation.

For a surprise for kids, I'd just do something like make up little grab bags instead (little bags full of little fun, inexpensive toys, hopefully ones that are also non-toxic). Or plan a fun event where they learn something about nature that's accurate.

Thank you for your advise!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking for pearl and i notice these pearl Oyster

Are these real pearl? or it is dyed color pearl?

sorry for noob question. thanks

Not a noob question at all
But there are certainly nicer dyed fresh water pearls out there that don't come with a preserved dead shelfish

Natural fresh water pearls (not dyed) are not overly exspensive depending on the grade

why don't you have a drool over at pearl paradise, that's where i plan to buy my next purchase from

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Just a question to those pearl lovers out there. How would I know if the pearl is authentic or genuine and not fake? Well without being so technical.

Thanks in advance!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a question to those pearl lovers out there. How would I know if the pearl is authentic or genuine and not fake? Well without being so technical.

Thanks in advance!

a real pearl is ever so slightly gritty when ran along a tooth
also you can look around the drill hole - the fake narce may peel or chip away from the drill hold and the hole may well be larger on a fake

fake pearls have their place, as do dyed real ones, but only when they are sold as what they actually are and the buyer is happy with the price

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results