Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these inclusions typical for an emerald?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inclusions are to be expected in emeralds.
What I think needs checking is the bezel around the emerald, it seems damaged / not covering the emerald in some parts and is there a chip at the “11 o’clock” position in the first photo?
So you need to check if the emerald does have a chip and if there is any “wiggle” in the emerald ie it’s loose.
Bezel settings are difficult and expensive to repair and it’s tricky to repair a bezel set emerald as emeralds can’t handle the jewellers torch / pressure. So even resizing a ring requires a laser not torch.
That aside, it’s a very pretty ring and a good price if no work is required.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She’s pretty. If ring and emerald are in good shape, I’d get her. @Bron357 has good suggestions!

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price you are paying is great for the setting alone. So it's a good deal. Emeralds normally have inclusions (jardin) and it's expected. So long as they don't spoil your enjoyment of the ring, keep it. I think it's lovely and a real nod to Art Deco

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this @nala and if the inclusions don’t bother you I think it’s a great deal. Beautiful ring. ❤

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are they surface reaching inclusions? If so that would put me off. Otherwise the ring is totally stunning.
I think all treated emeralds have surface-reaching features -- that's why oil or other impregnation "works." Even top untreated emeralds may have surface-reaching features.

It is well-loved but that's part of the charm for me. I suspect it's a decent value even if it's moderately clarity-enhanced.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ty all! I actually passed on it bc I’m on a ban island and even tho I was very tempted, I think I’m ok with my choice. If it’s still available when I go back, then I’ll pull the trigger bc I do think it’s gorgeous! And the inclusions don’t really bug me Since they are par for the course.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great price for the setting alone, but if you absolutely want a natural emerald, you should have a lab report. The other thing is that if it’s bezel set, it’s difficult to determine if it’s a doublet.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love the ring Nala it looks beautiful on you IMO it’s pretty included however it’s a nice colour and the price more than reflects the inclusions. I would snap it up!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Three Yays for Cartier
    Three Yays for Cartier

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.