shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these Asschers well cut?

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Hi again! If you read my post asking for opinions on the OEC/OMCs I found, this is going to be similar. I'm looking for stones to make a 3 stone cuff ring with an Asscher cut being one or two of the stones (yay, twins!). Here are some inspo pics with mostly 2 stones, so I'm trying to envision one with 3.
1712685554595.png 1712685631730.png

There are two Asscher labs I would like to have a second opinion on so I can rule them out and keep searching, or order them for a closer look and ASET testing. One thing I'm trying to avoid is the bowtie effect similar to ovals, where the facets across the entire face go black, which I don't think these have. These two immediately stood out and seemed to have a lot of smaller flashes of light, which I love in a step cut.
Anyway, appreciate any feedback!

Video here: 2.0 ct E VVS2 6.95 x 6.92 mm
Depth: 66.6%
Table: 58%
Crown: 16% 37.6 deg
2.0 E VVS2 6.9mm.jpg

2.0 ct E VVS2 7.23 x 7.01 mm
Depth: 65.3%
Table: 60%
Crown: 14.5% 31.5 deg
2.0 E VVS2 7.2mm.jpg

Attachments

• 1712686362850.png
    1712686362850.png
    655.6 KB · Views: 13

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
You got me first? Oh dear. The experts will be here soon.
I like the 2nd one better, the first is too quiet, esp. in the center.
Keep looking.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
You got me first? Oh dear. The experts will be here soon.
I like the 2nd one better, the first is too quiet, esp. in the center.
Keep looking.

Thanks for taking a look! The second one is the one that's been on my radar for a few months and it's my favorite too, but hard to tell if it's going to perform well in person.
I really love the faceting of MarionC's Asscher that she posted here, named Mildred!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
There are SO many lovely Asschers on this forum. oncrutchesrightnow has my most recently admired. (Drooled over.) Mildred is a Yoram diamond, out of reach for most of us.
Reach out to Karl K., the undisputed Asscher King.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Welp, the second one sold and I haven't had any luck finding another one that I liked enough to post here. Might put this on hold for a bit while I hunt for other project pieces.
LMK if anyone stumbles on a 2-4 carat sparkle bomb!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Shoot, I'm sorry! Next time tag Karl K.
I'm told there's always another unicorn but that can be scant comfort at times.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
No biggie! Appreciate you taking a look; always fun to shop with friends ;)2
I'm still kind of new here, so I don't feel like I can go tagging people willy-nilly just yet.
Diamond fever is setting in though, so I would like to get something in my hands (hello Alex P, please reply!).

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I've never bought from Alex because I don't always trust my judgement, and I'm indecisive and dithering. But many experienced PSers have and they're very happy with him and their purchases. They say he knows his stuff and has great prices. So, if you like what he shows you and can pull the trigger, have at it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results