shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these Asschers well cut?

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Hi again! If you read my post asking for opinions on the OEC/OMCs I found, this is going to be similar. I'm looking for stones to make a 3 stone cuff ring with an Asscher cut being one or two of the stones (yay, twins!). Here are some inspo pics with mostly 2 stones, so I'm trying to envision one with 3.
1712685554595.png 1712685631730.png

There are two Asscher labs I would like to have a second opinion on so I can rule them out and keep searching, or order them for a closer look and ASET testing. One thing I'm trying to avoid is the bowtie effect similar to ovals, where the facets across the entire face go black, which I don't think these have. These two immediately stood out and seemed to have a lot of smaller flashes of light, which I love in a step cut.
Anyway, appreciate any feedback!

Video here: 2.0 ct E VVS2 6.95 x 6.92 mm
Depth: 66.6%
Table: 58%
Crown: 16% 37.6 deg
2.0 E VVS2 6.9mm.jpg

2.0 ct E VVS2 7.23 x 7.01 mm
Depth: 65.3%
Table: 60%
Crown: 14.5% 31.5 deg
2.0 E VVS2 7.2mm.jpg

Attachments

• 1712686362850.png
    1712686362850.png
    655.6 KB · Views: 15

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
You got me first? Oh dear. The experts will be here soon.
I like the 2nd one better, the first is too quiet, esp. in the center.
Keep looking.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
You got me first? Oh dear. The experts will be here soon.
I like the 2nd one better, the first is too quiet, esp. in the center.
Keep looking.

Thanks for taking a look! The second one is the one that's been on my radar for a few months and it's my favorite too, but hard to tell if it's going to perform well in person.
I really love the faceting of MarionC's Asscher that she posted here, named Mildred!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
There are SO many lovely Asschers on this forum. oncrutchesrightnow has my most recently admired. (Drooled over.) Mildred is a Yoram diamond, out of reach for most of us.
Reach out to Karl K., the undisputed Asscher King.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Welp, the second one sold and I haven't had any luck finding another one that I liked enough to post here. Might put this on hold for a bit while I hunt for other project pieces.
LMK if anyone stumbles on a 2-4 carat sparkle bomb!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Shoot, I'm sorry! Next time tag Karl K.
I'm told there's always another unicorn but that can be scant comfort at times.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
No biggie! Appreciate you taking a look; always fun to shop with friends ;)2
I'm still kind of new here, so I don't feel like I can go tagging people willy-nilly just yet.
Diamond fever is setting in though, so I would like to get something in my hands (hello Alex P, please reply!).

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I've never bought from Alex because I don't always trust my judgement, and I'm indecisive and dithering. But many experienced PSers have and they're very happy with him and their purchases. They say he knows his stuff and has great prices. So, if you like what he shows you and can pull the trigger, have at it.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Are you still looking? I found a pair that looks promising at just under 2 carats each.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond fever is setting in though, so I would like to get something in my hands (hello Alex P, please reply!).

That's exactly how i wound up with the extra 5 carat and the 4 carat OMC!! I was waiting on my recut and i just needed something in hand NOW! Diamond fever! There's a name for it! At least i am not the only one!! :lol-2:

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Are you still looking? I found a pair that looks promising at just under 2 carats each.

I am! Did the 4 ct do it for you? I'm afraid after seeing it, I might need closer to that size too, lol! If you're willing to share the info later, that would be really nice! I'm not able to make a decision today, too much going on.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Just let me know when you are ready for me to post the links! The bigger size definitely makes it easier to appreciate the cut. I was considering trying out one under 2 carats before I found the 4 ct for not much more, and that’s why I have this pair bookmarked.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Just let me know when you are ready for me to post the links! The bigger size definitely makes it easier to appreciate the cut. I was considering trying out one under 2 carats before I found the 4 ct for not much more, and that’s why I have this pair bookmarked.

Appreciate you offering to share your finds! Depending on the mm size, I probably want larger than 2 carat after some finger measuring. Something in the 8-9 mm range.

There are two that I've saved that look promising and are very reasonably priced considering the last time I looked a few weeks ago. Would you (and anyone else) mind taking a look? These had more of the 'dance' look and less flashing. My only concern is if they are lively enough under the table.
Link to videos: 4.10 carat H VVS2
1715192799888.png

3.42 carat G VS1
1715192832538.png

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know anything about asschers other than that I love them... LOL

I do like the G in the videos but again, i dont know anything about them to know if they're performing how they should, i just liked the G LOL

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for taking a look! The price is a lot lower and it's only 0.4 mm smaller.
My plan is for yellow gold, so I'm open to most colors :)

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
From the loupe360 videos I think the H looks like it has cleaner material than the G, although I’m not sure if the difference would be noticeable in person without magnification.

The pair I bookmarked are just under 7 mm, so maybe too small for what you are looking for now.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Video is not clear enough to check material.
Need the vendor spin videos we can control the spin on.
With the limited data the H shows slight better promise cut wise but the G is far from bad.

scandi_queen

Rough_Rock
Video is not clear enough to check material.
Need the vendor spin videos we can control the spin on.
With the limited data the H shows slight better promise cut wise but the G is far from bad.
Thank you for taking a look. Here is the 360 video of the H; it stands out more than the G for me after staring at it for a while. What do you think?

I went ahead and ordered it today so it wouldn't get snagged, but can cancel/return if you see any red flags.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for taking a look. Here is the 360 video of the H; it stands out more than the G for me after staring at it for a while. What do you think?

I went ahead and ordered it today so it wouldn't get snagged, but can cancel/return if you see any red flags.

I didn't see any major material issues and the cut looks good in the 360 video, it should be an excellent dancer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results