shape
carat
color
clarity

Are the hearts & arrows cut diamonds just a fad?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thank you kaleigh.
21.gif

Heather

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the all this back-and-forth is a good thing.
We novices (novi?) are fortunate to be able to listen in as pros debate.

Passions are high and so are financial incentives.
Some argue to go with your heart and your eyes.
Others want hard data.

Personally I am an artist and a musician, but for income I can live on and buy diamonds with I am an engineer.
Both sides of the brain are useful.

We are all adults here, nobody is using profanity.
Please don't restrict free speach.
Let the personalities be.
This is illuminating.

This process is healthy and gets to the bottom of things.

Well, that's my opinion, and it is worth about what you paid for it.
28.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny,
My point was back on page 8 of this thread that no one has made a specific point and it has gone on and on. I love the back and forth between people as you do. I was just asking them to make their point so we can move on. Now we are on page 9 of this thread and nothing has been solved. That''s all.
2.gif
It''s just like a merry go round and I want to get off, I''m getting dizzy!!!!
3.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Kenny:

You can have your opinion and still have respect for your fellow human being.

Differing opinions are always welcome and we all can learn from them, BUT the difference is when it is taken to rude extremes!

Heather

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
  1. Cut grading systems and new tools help to weed out bad performers. They are not always perfect – that is why this work is in progress. Both MSU/Octonus and GIA are using independent observers to adjust their calculations with what human eyes can see.
  2. Results of the cut grading studies have been published and discussed on the conferences and here. It is simply impossible to repeat it all in this thread. Those who are interested will be able to find this information.
  3. If someone sees the flaws in today’s cut grading systems, please discuss it in scientific and concrete manner here or in the scientific magazines. Otherwise, bashing of the scientific knowledge equals to witch-hunting.
  4. Personal opinions about any gemstone’s appearance without real proofs will remain as such – personal opinions.
  5. We are agreed that not all 60/60’s are bad as well as not all 60/60’s are good. 60/60 is simply an insufficient piece of information and a weak argument for judgment on the stone either way.
  6. David hasn’t provided a 3D model for analysis, nor has he answered about illuminations of the diamonds in his photographs – it stalled the development of the discussion.
  7. Discussion degraded into personal attacks. Thread is closed.
  8. On the personall note, I’m shocked by Matatora’s unprovoked comment to Sergey, whose arguments were completely balanced and neutral. Both Garry and Sergey have shared their knowledge here for free for over 5 years and have helped thousands of consumers.
  9. The way we run this site is not discussed on the public forums.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results