shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Models to thin?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
???????

backbone2.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
>>Are Models to thin?????

Maybe just a tiny bit
1.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Grossly so!
14.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Iceman

I certainly hope that this is a 'composite' picture putting the head of a model on a starved person. I'm all for thin but she's going to die... not pretty, not a 'model' for anyone in anyway.

nuff said

Justme

ckcga

Rough_Rock
definitely a composite. The head is huge compared to the body. Anyone that thin would lose a lot from their face.
twirl.gif

CK

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thee of little faith
1.gif
I dont have her name ? Ive had this on file for a while, I also had a picture of her reclined on a couch reading a book. I didnt keep the name, I was more interested in how thin she was. Ill see if I can find this out.

backbone1sm.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I found the rest of them
1.gif
sad.gif

Enjoy or be shocked on how thin she is.

1Slim.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
bag of bones
errrr.gif

1skinny1.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
iceman -

Look in the Obit section for her name.

Justme

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Justme ~ Thats a good idea

I need more proof to convince ckcga
1.gif
These people do exist ! That is not healthy and who could ever fit into those clothes??? I like a girl with some meat on her
1.gif
They are suppose to be soft
1.gif
Maybe Im wrong ??????

Whats the vote ? Meat or no meat?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Iceman:
----------------
I like a girl with some meat on her
----------------

That's probably because you used to have a lot of meet yourself
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, that was funny , Im just waiting for my out of town customer to come in, Im still laughing
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I cannot find your photo when you were a body builder...

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ok this one was taken 20 years ago. Im going to be turning 50 years old a year from this July. Im going to take a before and after shot. Im really not far off from this picture at my age
1.gif
Ive been in the gym getting ready for this next photo ! Its funny how your body responds to where it use to be
errrr.gif

bbmesmal.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
that's it!
1.gif
I've seen it once when browsing Google images
1.gif

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
Horrifying, but it looks to me like someone used a little bit of photoshop magic on these photos. My B-I-L is in advertising and makes spoof pictures all the time and so do do all his photoshop guru friends and then they put them on the web.
1.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Sierra -

Your speaking of the photoshop magic being done on the Iceman body picture correct?

LOL -
11.gif

Justme

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I definitely recognize the first model (I read Vogue and all the other fashion mags), those I can't place her name right now, and I really believe those pictures are fake. I've seen many pictures of runway models with almost no clothes on and none of them look remotely that emaciated.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
first off..yuck! second..i think those pix are doctored. I read alot of fashion mags and the girls on the runway never look THAT incredibly emaciated. kate moss gets alot of flak for being so thin (or did before she got pregnant and now looks more healthy) and she was nowhere close to that though still quite thin.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This made me so curious that i did a few minutes of web searching and found the following:

1-a site with the pix that iceman posted above and some strange pro-anorexia and bulemia teenage girl's site with contests. disturbing. unfortunately i didnt save this url and now can't find it again!

2- a few sites that describe how pro-anorexia and bulemia websites are popping up everywhere as teens and people with the diseases rally other girls like them, using the internet as their tool for communication. A few of the urls below are articles that talk about how sites take already-thin models and doctor the images to make them look even more emaciated, therefore giving the site community something to aspire to and/or admire.

So chances are the pix from above that were posted and that I found on that original site were doctored images of some of the originally thinner models.

Here is an excerpt from this article about pro-anorexia websites and doctored images:

http://jaoii.lunarpages.com/articles/art01.html

'Many carry images of famously waif-like celebrities such as Calista Flockhart, Gwyneth Paltrow and supermodel Jodie Kidd. In some cases they have been doctored to accentuate their thin figures. One picture of Kidd taken in 1997 has been distorted so her already emaciated body takes on the look of a concentration camp victim.

A spokesman for Jodie Kidd said: 'Jodie will feel very, very upset about this. The dreadful thing about websites like this is that we have no control over them using her image, so there's absolutely nothing we can do. '

----

Here are a few other urls describing the website community problem and a description of what the girls call their diseases(ana and mia)

http://www.sirc.org/articles/totally_in_control.shtml
http://scripts.cgispy.com/newsboard.cgi?user=guardianangel

This is extremely disturbing!! Those images are painful to view
sad.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/8/2003 9:22:43 AM Iceman wrote:

Ok this one was taken 20 years ago. Im going to be turning 50 years old a year from this July. Im going to take a before and after shot. Im really not far off from this picture at my age

1.gif
Ive been in the gym getting ready for this next photo ! Its funny how your body responds to where it use to be
errrr.gif

----------------
Hey Ice-Wow....Some really sick photos. Your quite ripped. I would just like to add that it's funny you state how your body responds to where it used to be. About a year ago I decided to get off my duff and start jogging and swimming. I grew up competitively swimming for 15 years going to many, many competitions and state finals. A year and 1/2 ago I was 268 lbs. with my clothes off lol.... Yuck..I just really let myself go. Anway I got back in the pool & after I started jogging I dropped to 190 lbs and have kept it off. I think your body and muscles and metabolism respond to a certain degree to the points in your life when your body was conditioned the most. After 15 years of competive swimming it seems that my edge came right back which probably helped me lose all that weight. Anyway thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Those images were horrible.......A real shame people do this to their bodies.....

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, ALaska
16.gif
sad.gif

ckcga

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/8/2003 8:35:10 AM Iceman wrote:

Justme ~ Thats a good idea

I need more proof to convince ckcga
1.gif
These people do exist ! That is not healthy and who could ever fit into those clothes??? I like a girl with some meat on her
1.gif
They are suppose to be soft
1.gif
Maybe Im wrong ??????

Whats the vote ? Meat or no meat?
----------------

I didn't say they don't exist.Body image is a huge social problem. Just meant that the first photo is a composite.Besides the head, the colour of the neck vs the chest is quite the giveaway. At my peak atheletic condition I was 1 % body fat, and it showed in my face. I have tendedd to be in the 2-3 % body fat most of my life.Since I left teaching,got married, and went into Finance, I have had a lot less time to work out and am up to 8 % body fat now. Everyone thinks I look a lot better though as my face is fuller.
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Justme ~

That is me when I was 27
1.gif
I have tropys and more pictures to prove it
1.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Iceman,

I knew Sierra was talking of the FEMALE model being 'photoshopped' not you!

It was just too easy!
9.gif

I would like to see the then and now version though. I used to teach aerobics at Vic Tanny Health Clubs and look back (at least at my shape) at that time as being wonderful but although I only weigh 6 Pounds more now than then - other than Pilates a couple of times a week recently started - I just can't motivate my 20 year past prime body to get back into a routine.

Hopefully Pilates will save me from hanging on the ground in the near future and become a new habit!

Justme

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh! Those are the kind of models that we're used to seeing! Pretty scary! Looks to us like somebody's surfing a bolemia site or something...

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I had to haul myself out of a warm bed this morning (5
6.gif
0) to do my split workout. (morning and at night) I have a week long hike through the Grand Canyon in less then a month. Busy at work, too many things going on .
sad.gif

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
Justme, you are so bad!
11.gif

Mara, that is very disturbing news that there are websites devoted to promoting anorexic thinking. It seems the internet can be a very dangerous place for people who suffer from anorexia. I'll bet a lot of concerned parents have no idea these sites even exist.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I think concerned parents have no idea what is on the WWW
sad.gif
and what the kids have access to!

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
That's pretty disturbing...especially since the "average American woman" is a size 14 and 5'6" tall. What annoys me so much about models like this is not because they are thinner than I am, but because they have such an unrealistic body type. That is not the look I would want my daughter to aspire to.

A woman does not have to weigh 90 pounds to be beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results