shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Models to thin?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sierra..I too was shocked at what I found while surfing for those pictures. Apparently there are contest like sites where they keep journals on their weight loss, post pictures like those that we saw on this thread as people they aspire to be like. Very disturbing. The internet can be a blessing or a curse if it is utilized incorrectly.

sprintcar6

Rough_Rock
Do men actually think this is sexy? And would you honesty buy clothes from a designer that would actually use a model that has a visible problem like what this chick has?
40.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
No, to the questions of do men think they are sexy and would you buy the designer's clothes

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t thing these pics are real, however once in awhile "The Globe" or "Star" or one of those other silly magazines will catch my eye at the supermarket, and I''ll see Lara Flynn Boyle or Calista Flockhart showing a little rib/clavicle, and it grosses me out. I wanna shove a burger down their throats.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

Ooooh does that bean diet work?

I have a size 0 wedding dress to fit in, and I am only 14 sizes away!!!

36.gif

soooo close....

31.gif

Actually, there ARE vain men out there who like skinny women. Although those gals look like they could use some Sally Struthers... I almost felt like sending them $.30 a day!!! (for their 3 bean diet)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2004 3:30
6.gif
5 PM
Author: treysar
I don''t thing these pics are real, however once in awhile ''The Globe'' or ''Star'' or one of those other silly magazines will catch my eye at the supermarket, and I''ll see Lara Flynn Boyle or Calista Flockhart showing a little rib/clavicle, and it grosses me out. I wanna shove a burger down their throats.

These pictures definetly ARE NOT REAL. A woman this thin would be in the hospital on a feeding tube! I doubt such a THIN (is this even concidered thin - or just flat out emaciated, as I think there''s a huge difference between the two - at least 20 pounds difference) could even walk up and down the cat walk as there''s no calories in/on her body to support her movement.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I have several friends who are models (one who models for Guess, one who models for Ralph Lauren, etc.) and NONE of them look like this. Do they have eating disorders? Unfortunately, a lot of them do (at least half of my friends weigh between 85 and 105 lbs (and some are as tall as 6''0)). Growing up in Southern California there''s a HUGE emphasis placed on physical appearance. I weighed about 98 lbs. and was 5''7 in high school, and was considered one of the bigger girls. I don''t really care too much about my own weight (I would love to tone up a bit but I don''t worry a lot about what I eat or anything), but it does make me self conscious when I get ready to go out with friends who are a size zero and complaining that they are WAY too fat. What does that make me at a size 4? Fortunately I have a very loving FH who just wants me to be healthy, and a love for treats that just won''t die. But it is really hard to not get caught up in the skinny craze. When people are in bathing suits year round you tend to focus on your body a lot more than in places where people are wearing lots of layers at least part of the year. At any rate, I just find it really sad that people focus on how thin or "fat" models are, because it just leads those individuals to be more self conscious about their own bodies. And as such, it leads other girls/women to focus more on bodies, perpetuating the cycle. Pictures like the one shown in this thread are just too distasteful in my opinion.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The pictures are obvious fakes. Not hard to make either. Whoever made them... well, not sure deserves cudos.

7.gif

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

JC

Shiny_Rock

WOW!!! Those pictures are frightening as well as discusting. Good Lord! What are people thinking? Hopefully they are fakes.....

emdgust.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Bar01 Where in the world did you find that picture of me???
31.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s compare and contrast here, shall we?
31.gif

Sexy:
V241864.jpg

Scary:
backbone2.jpg

Skinny but healthy-looking:
V237673.jpg

Emaciated and unhealthy-looking:
backbone1sm.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that Tyra Banks (1st pic) is a size 8, which is very large in the modeling world but way below average for "normal" women. There is a HUGE difference between skinny and sickly, as you can see... And last I heard, fitness is more important for health (and outer beauty, IMHO) than weight!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2004 8
6.gif
6:10 PM
Author: Feydakin

someone, quick, get them girls a samich!!

Feydakin:

Uh oh... Do I smell BCCT?

"At that time I had the right to remain silent...but I didn''t have the ability."

9.gif

Models can have beauty in all sizes and shapes if proportions are reasonable. The angles on the examples Ice posted are FARRR too steep/deep. Depth percentages way out of proportion. Girdles almost invisible. Not enough health-return.

The "SammichScope" report says NO GOOD, NO GOOD, NO GOOD.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock

Those girls need "hit" with a fat stick~!~!~!

emsmilep.gif

DAMN Iceman~!~!~! You were a "hottie"~!!~!

face18.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 1:29:42 PM
Author: researcher
At any rate, I just find it really sad that people focus on how thin or 'fat' models are, because it just leads those individuals to be more self conscious about their own bodies.

I find our society interesting in that it's insulting/taboo to bash an overweight woman, but it's okay to pick on a thin woman!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

Man those things can't be real. Would she even be alive if she were that thin? If she was that thin, she wouldn't have enough energy to walk.

Either way, those pictures are disturbing.

the authenticity of the pics is immaterial, the fact that we could even begin to consider the possibility that they are real shows how utter sick our society has become

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This article claims that there is movement in the fashion industry towards more voluptuous mannequins. Supposedly rap music and videos have made the derrière, especially, more important. I have to agree that my daughter's rap music, which I hear in the car, is full of odes to women's...uh...booties. Sometimes they are quite direct. Men claiming how important the buttocks of the women they prefer are, and how big and round they should be. (When I was growing up only breasts were supposed to be especially large.)

This article says that black women and Latinas tend to be more endowed there and that this trend reflects ethnic diversity, but I think it's growing American size and rap music driving the trend, myself!

Curvier Mannequins

I find this whole topic to be utterly depressing, when are we going to read articles about the importance of personality or intelligence over physicality? is our society really this shallow???

furthermore, deborah I don''t know how old she is, but I am actually surprised that you let your daughter listen to that kind of music. The lyrics are blatantly mysogynistic, "hoes" would appear to have only one function in the minds of these guys. call me old fashioned, but I believe that women deserve to be treated with respect. these guys treat women as something as disposable as a kleenex, and act as though this view is acceptable and commonplace.

ok, it is 6:37am, I have to be in work by 7... I better go! I will finish my polemic later, bye all

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2004 1:35:13 AM
Author: diamondgeezer

furthermore, deborah I don''t know how old she is, but I am actually surprised that you let your daughter listen to that kind of music.

Hey, fella! I have been as busy as you today. Today was the day for the county-wide string symphony auditions after school. I''ll get back to you later, but first I want to know if you have ever raised a child! I raised this one without a television set and I think I''m doing a darned fine job without making her a social misfit! She discovered rap years after her peers, but you can''t keep her locked in the cellar. I should know; I''m a licensed social worker and it would *definitely* be frowned upon by the local authorities!

Deb

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Models can have beauty in all sizes and shapes if proportions are reasonable. The angles on the examples Ice posted are FARRR too steep/deep. Depth percentages way out of proportion.Girdles almost invisible. Not enough health-return.

The ''SammichScope'' report says NO GOOD, NO GOOD, NO GOOD.
This is too funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results