shape
carat
color
clarity

Are GOLD eternity bands durable for daily wear?

mort1980

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while and reading all the helpful information. I'm in the market for a new wedding band, which will be worn alone. I'm definitely leaning toward a narrow eternity band and have read several threads on the topic. The one thing I haven't heard discussed though is the security of gold vs. platinum. I'm a 14K yellow gold girl but have heard platinum is more secure. Naturally, I'd prefer a yellow gold eternity band and I'm leaning toward this Benchmark one (http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/benchmark-full-eternity-diamond-wedding-ring-2806.htm) but have never heard of a "recessed prong" setting. Also, I will wear it every day. I'm a photographer so not really rough on my hands or anything. I wear gloves when doing housework.

I'd appreciate any help you guys could offer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing wrong with yellow gold for rings. Over time, gold wears away more than platinum, but we are talking about a lifetime of wear. You are fine if you take reasonable care of your rings, and that would go for any metals.

SparkleyCarats

Rough_Rock
I would think a gold eternity band would be fine for daily wear. I have had both yellow and white gold rings that I have worn every day for years and they stayed in excellent condition for a very long time. However, I always made it a point to take them off if I was washing dishes, cleaning with chemicals, doing laundry or working in my flower beds.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello SparkleyCarats,

While platinum is the stronger metal of the two, if you want the look of yellow gold, my experience has been to go for what you like.

I am in the trade and cannot comment on specific rings, but 14K yellow gold is a proven and time-tested material. Both gold and platinum jewelry require similar care so if you have your heart set on yellow gold - go for it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been wearing my yg eternity from WF for four years and it is as beautiful as the day I got it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results