shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua Studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 6:19:14 PM
Author: kcgunesq

That is where I was able to take the last picture. Outdoors the light had too many sources of interference. I recently installed 'daylight' quality CFs in the overhead bath lights. I believe they are intended to be about 5200 degrees kelvin. Set on auto white balance, my D300 was producing images a bit too warm, (maybe because the flash was warmer than the ambient light?).
I adjusted the WB to 4760k
As in Nikon D300? Nice camera!
emphoto.gif

With my craptacular Fuji FinePix circa 2002, I tended to have terrible luck using the flash, so I went sans flash for my photos. I cannot remember if I tweaked its settings, but there is only so much one can do with a P&S. I did use macro mode though...for which I am fortunate to have on such a limited P&S.

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 8:51:31 PM
Author: omieluv
Date: 11/5/2008 6:19:14 PM

That is where I was able to take the last picture. Outdoors the light had too many sources of interference. I recently installed ''daylight'' quality CFs in the overhead bath lights. I believe they are intended to be about 5200 degrees kelvin. Set on auto white balance, my D300 was producing images a bit too warm, (maybe because the flash was warmer than the ambient light?).

I adjusted the WB to 4760k

As in Nikon D300? Nice camera!
emphoto.gif

With my craptacular Fuji FinePix circa 2002, I tended to have terrible luck using the flash, so I went sans flash for my photos. I cannot remember if I tweaked its settings, but there is only so much one can do with a P&S. I did use macro mode though...for which I am fortunate to have on such a limited P&S.

Thank you.

Actually, I find that my wife''s Sony P&S''s macro setting works rather well for gem and jewelry pics. I don''t have any macro capable lenses yet, but the 18-200mm lens zoomed works OK. But I wouldn''t feel disadvantaged using a decent P&S with a macro lens for casual jewelry pics.

The D300 was a treat to myself last July and I''m still getting the hang of it.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 10:07:03 PM
Thank you.

Actually, I find that my wife's Sony P&S's macro setting works rather well for gem and jewelry pics. I don't have any macro capable lenses yet, but the 18-200mm lens zoomed works OK. But I wouldn't feel disadvantaged using a decent P&S with a macro lens for casual jewelry pics.

The D300 was a treat to myself last July and I'm still getting the hang of it.
From what I have been learning, a decent P&S will take better macro pictures than a DSLR due to their smaller sensors (thanks strmrdr). You might want to post some of your shots on this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-some-of-your-favorite-shots.97050/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results