shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua Candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I mentioned earlier that I had procured the stones and custom designed a pendant for my mom. I found an exquisite cushion-cut aquamarine (her birthstone) in a spiritual bookstore of all places. It is 7.24 carats, eye-clean and the color of the Caribbean. I knew she would be floored! Over the course of a year I found a local jeweler who located 8 trilliant diamonds [(4) .30 carats
(4) .25 carats] to flank the stone and had it set in a floating star setting crafted in platinum. I chose a wheat design platinum chain to accompany the piece. She was stunned with the final piece. It was so nice to be able to give back to a woman who''s given so much, and the journey was quite an incredible one. The jeweler who set it said it was a "native cut" e.g. the quality is not the best...I''m no expert but the color is lovely and it sparkles like crazy. Sorry ladies, I don''t know the specs on the diamonds...and please forgive the pix the pendant was dirty and I didn''t have time to clean it normally those babies are real sparklers.

The ring was a project my dad sent me on for their 40th anniversary. He wanted to get her something nice but not break the bank as they had a month long whirlwind European tour planned the same year. I found this lovely cab in a small boutique I frequent in Palo Alto. It was a risk because usually mom likes faceted stones with lots of sparkle, and few inclusions this as you can see is a more cloudy variation of the aquamarine...but the color was so pretty and it had a very mystical glow about it AND it was huge dunno the specs on this baby I''m thinking 10+ carats. Mom likes BIG and BOLD. Anyway pix aren''t the greatest but thought I''d share
9.gif
Enjoy! Always on the hunt for more aquamarines to adorn Mom
2.gif

aquacollage.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What beautiful aquamarines cymbrie. The necklace is a wow, you did a great job. And I love the cabachon ring, very pretty. Your mom is one lucky lady!!!
30.gif
30.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
LOL yeah those are my hands mom said I could photograph em as long as she didn''t have to model. Her ring is about 3 sizes too big for me my ring finger is about 4.75 to give some perspective...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, cymbrie....those are beautiful!
30.gif

They''re both sensational, but for some reason I''m particularly drawn to the cab ring...yum yum yum..

Thanks for posting those!

widget

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Widget coming from someone with your SPECTACULAR collection that is a compliment!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know widget, I have never seen a cab aquamarine until now!!! Sooo pretty, cym!!!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I am still waiting to see Kaleigh''s 12carat monster legacy ring!
31.gif
That being said, I would LOVE to see EVERYONE''S Aquamarine beauties!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor thing is sitting in the safety deposit box, will have to get her out soon!!!
31.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Yes....MUST...I posted my mom''s it''s your turn...tag you''re it
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok I hear ya loud and clear cym!!!
3.gif
11.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
13.gif
Ok I promise, but one thing you need to know about me..... Nan takes my pics, so it will be the next time she visits which should be soon. I stink at pics, know how to take them but don''t know how to post them. I have lots to learn.
32.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful thing to give to your mother...that is just awsome!
And since you asked here is a link to my favorite aqua peice I own. My Ring.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Matatora I was hoping you''d chime in
1.gif
yes I saw your aquamarine on a previous post that blue is just amazing it looks like more like a sapphire than an aqua so pretty though! Mom LOVES her aquas my goal is to get her one for each finger she has two rings and a pendant so I have 8 to go
9.gif
One of these days I''ll post her emerald cut ring didn''t have time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results