shape
carat
color
clarity

April Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so it's April 4th and it just dawned on me I didn't start a new thread. :wavey:

Are you getting excited for spring? I sure am. I want to get out there walking after supper. I had been far too sedentary this winter and it's time to change that. My race for the cure walk is only 4 months away so I'd bet my tennies ready for walking.

What plans do you have for the spring? More or different exercise? A different eating plan?

Thing2of2, I hope your BodyPump class was fun and gave you a great workout out. I posted more in the March thread about my iPhone.

Deegee, how are you feeling today? Is your jaw feeling better today?

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks! :wavey:

Still suffering from lingering pain in my left knee from fall skiing almost three weeks ago, but i push on. Went to the pool today regardless. I will seek some physio from the Sports Med. Clinic at the University.

Yes, I am looking forward to Spring. I went for a walk last night after supper since it was nice and bright outside, but nippy. And we still have snow thanks to a huge dump on the weekend--wet soggy heavy snow! Enough!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, sorry to hear your knee is still hurting from your fall. I am sure you enjoyed your walk. I think I am going to at least walk around the block tonight; it is pretty nice out compared to what kind of weather we've had this year! Our mountains had a ton of snow this year but there are fires already going in Colorado. Very scary to see that start so early.

Marty didn't get around too quickly this morning so I drove myself to work. I had to stop and get gas so I picked up a few goodies for the office. I put them on the other side of the room and had one mini scone and mini cinnamon roll for my morning break. Breakfast was cheerios and strawberries. Lunch was leftover spaghetti and supper was a burger on the grill and some veggies.

I got my garnet studs from JA today. They are pretty. I will get red out to wear tomorrow. :appl:

Have a great evening. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - you're so good to start a new thread each month. I'm not creative enough to think of a topic! I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better, but too bad about the restrictions for a while. I've been on restrictions with my back for so many years, and my doctor gets aggravated with me when I go for treatment after I have done something I know I shouldn't do. Restrictions stink! I need to download some more books because those I recently downloaded didn't take too long to read. Oooh - how exciting that you got your earrings! I hope you love them. I'll have to go look for a picture - in the 10k post gift thread? I hope your friend who was in the accident is okay. Ice is so scary. Did they total her car?

thing - I broke down and bought an iphone 4 right before Christmas because my 3 stopped holding a charge. I was able to trade it in at Radio Shack and got $85 towards my new phone. I was pretty happy with that deal. How'd your body pump class go? Until 2 years ago (this month), hubby and I ate out every single meal, every single day...for the first 14 years of our marriage. Now we eat in 4-5 nights a week, out on some Fridays and every Saturday, and head to my mom's for Sunday dinner. I make really light dinners, so hubby eats a big lunch out with his coworkers in preparation. He likes to tell everyone that he gained all the weight I lost.

sharon - I'm sorry to hear you hurt your knee. I hope you're on the mend! I bet the pool exercises feel wonderful.

I'm so ready for spring. Our week of warm temperatures really spoiled me and I'm not liking this 30 degree day, especially when it was 85 yesterday. Brrr. I have the gas logs going because Matt turned the heat off last week and doesn't want to turn it back on. I'm waiting for him finish watching a baseball game so we can take our walk. My clothes are getting baggy so I've lost some weight because of this soft food diet. After I had maintained my loss for a year, I decided the scale was going in the closet for my own sanity (I got a little obsessed with a number) - so I don't know how much I've lost because of my jaw. My straight from the dryer pants had the baggy crotch and rear thing going on this morning, and I hate that! Today I ate mashed potatoes & green beans for lunch and a bowl of chili for dinner, no breakfast because I wasn't in the mood for my mouth to start hurting so early, and I stopped for a TCBY soft serve on the way home from work. I'm going to have to find something else or my stomach is going to keep me awake tonight with the growling! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I finished my book tonight and had a few “oh come on” moments but it was a good book (a real button turner ha ha). Michael Connelly released a new book this week so I bought it tonight.

We finally caught up at work to a point where we can breathe for a few days. Yippee!!!! We are good through next Friday except for changes which I am sure will be rolling in tomorrow.

I found a major bug in my new software program today. I am always highly amused by such things because once again it goes to show the illogical decision of having someone make software without bothering to find how what and how the end user uses that program.

Breakfast was strawberries and cheerios, lunch was a cheese sandwich and baked lays and supper was a sandwich, a few fries and some ice cream.

This morning looked like Christmas with big snowflakes falling but it was warm enough it only stuck on the grass. It was quite pretty.

Deegee, yes restrictions stink. I have some for my bad knees and arthritis but I don’t tend to follow directions which gets me in to more trouble. The series I started has about 10 books so that will keep me busy for awhile. They have a conspiracy theory point of view but good enough to keep me interested - I guess they are an action / thriller genre. My friend was okay after her accident. She has not heard yet on the estimate but she was out of town for 2 days. I tried to pull a trick on her today but her department’s admin is nice and ruined my fun. My friend tried to check in electronically for her return flight and they couldn’t find her ticket so the admin was telling me they were trying to get her a new ticket. So I told the admin I was going to go text her and tell her they can’t get her a flight until Saturday. Of course by the time I got back to my office and sent her a text, the admin had already told her I was going to tell her that. Darn. She would totally suckered for that for at least a minute or two. I am rather obnoxious at times. Sorry to hear you are hungry and getting baggy clothes (that’s nice but not this way, right?) Hopefully you can eat more chewy food this week.

We are on the downhill slide for the week. Woohoo!
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Matt and I just got back from our walk. It's 12:30 am, so we won't be heading to bed early tonight. It felt nice out this evening - mid 50's. Much better than last night! I threw a pork roast in the crock pot before leaving for work this morning, so we had pork roast, mashed potatoes and veggies for dinner. The pork was fall apart tender, so I didn't have any problems eating it. I feel like I actually had a meal! I dumped barbecue sauce on the leftover pork and we'll have pulled pork barbecue sandwiches tomorrow for dinner. I don't think I can eat mine on 2 slices of bread, though. My mouth won't open that big. Matt says my jaw injury has affected my eating, by not my yapping. Twerp.

marcy - too bad the admin ruined your joke. I haven't played a good joke on anyone in a long time. One of my friends was in charge of the piggy bank for the office "honor fridge." She'd go crazy when people would put pennies in the pig to pay for their drink/candy bar. Absolutely crazy. A bunch of us had gathered quite a collection of pennies just waiting for a prank. One week when she was out of town, we got the key from her boss and propped everything in her office up on stacks of pennies. Monitor, printer, supplies, chair, pictures - everything. She was furious when she came back. The rest of the office thought it was hilarious. Hee-hee - I was proud of that one. I have asked our programmer to move into production our main operating system that I have been testing for months. I'm so nervous because I'm sure there are bugs that I didn't find. I got stuck with testing because I'm the one who is most familiar with the programs in the main system - I've worked a bunch of different jobs with the agency and have had to use everything in there at one time or other. I guess we're lucky that they wanted the end user to do the testing, huh? (Although I'd feel luckier if it wasn't me!) I'll have to download the first Michael Connelly book. I need something to keep me going for a while. I'm hoping to start spending more time outside since it's getting warm. I have a lot of outside trim that needs painted. I was lazy last year and didn't do it.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so excited to hear you ate an actual meal. I bet that tasted good. You probably couldn't handle a sandwich yet. Too funny about your jaw hasn't interrupted your talking - sounds like something Marty would say. Wow, you and Matt went for a very late walk tonight. The pennies sounds like a great trick. It's always fun to play some harmless pranks on people at work - it lightens the mood for everyone (or hopefully it does). The Connelly books definitely look at a darker side of life but they are very well written.

Well, it's past my bedtime (ooh there's a surprise). Maybe I should move my bedtime to later so I can get there on time. Nah, I would just stay up later anyway.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Tonight was our date night. We spent quite a bit of time chatting about work. I feel better but hate to face the inevitable. We had a nice dinner and I brought home 1/2 of it for my lunch tomorrow. Marty is taking most of the day off tomorrow to play golf but has to call in to 2 conference calls.

My office was very busy with updates. I found more bugs in my software so enjoyed sending out the reply to all emails about this is wrong, that is wrong - I am sure they LOVED me. :bigsmile:

I hope you all had a great day.

Happy Friday tomorrow.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI ladies. I was just popping in to ask if Marcy had a 10k thread?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whew! I'm so glad it's the weekend! I slept in today and feel so rested and revived. We had a couple of crazy commutes the past two days. On Thursday a semi hauling carrots caught fire on the interstate at 5am, which closed the interstate for a stretch right in time for the morning commute. My usual 25 minute drive took over 2 hours. No one was hurt in the carrot truck. Yesterday right before the end of the day we had a freak storm that flooded the interstate and the main back roads, pulled down trees and power lines, caused rock/mud slides, caused railroad crossings to malfunction (we got stuck at a crossing because the gate would go up a little and then slam back down...repeatedly), and left all kinds of debris everywhere. We traveled on side streets and back roads I have never seen before! We're talking mostly crumbling roads on hillsides where there really isn't room for 2 cars-wide. Thank goodness for the SUV & navigation system! It took us close to 3 hours to get home. We decided to stop and eat at a home cooking restaurant that has my all time #1 carrot cake. They've been in business for 50 years and the place looks like a dive, but there's always a line because their food is awesome! We walked 4 miles last night and then I read until about 3am. I love the weekend.

marcy - are things going any better for Marty at work, or is he still planning to look around? Too bad you're still finding bugs in the software. I was so excited about having the operating system moved into production (it will be there on Monday - I'm nervous). Last month another system I had been testing was rolled into production and it is working fine so I thought I could breathe easy for a while. Nope. The IT manager told me yesterday that they're ready for me to test yet another system. Waaahhhhh..... Do you do any special exercises for your knees? Does anything help? Matt had to have his knee ligaments reconstructed after an accident 20 years ago. They had to remove most of the meniscus and there is some bone on bone contact. They told him then that he would start noticing arthritis symptoms when he hit his 40's, and he's starting to have a lot of trouble with it. I hate that for him. He's always been very active, but has stopped playing basketball because of the pain. We have to stop every mile when we're walking so he can stretch. Softball season is coming up and he'll try to play, but I don't know how long he'll be able to. He's having issues with the "restrictions" thing too.

Well, gotta go run some errands after the thunderstorm passes. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! We’ve had a very busy weekend so far. Marty had Friday off and played golf with a friend who was in town so I met them for drinks after work. Then we picked up some friends and went to a chocolate indulgence (it’s for charity so calories are free right?) and wandered around there for awhile. The guys picked up a few things to try. My friend and I had a small plate full and we ate bites here and there but didn’t eat it all. It was fun. Then we went back to their place to play cards.

Today I worked on laundry and ran errands. My mom is really bored and blue so I went to visit her for awhile.

This afternoon we went to a memorial service then reception with Marty’s friend who is in town (his FIL passed away). They had an honor guard and I jumped out of my skin every time those rifles went off but it was a very nice ceremony.

We stopped on the way home and split some mini burger and egg rolls. I ran back to the store and got fuel, cash and lean cuisine. Marty is out of town for business till Wednesday so I figure LC will be easy meals for me and well portioned too.

Skippy, how wonderful to see you here. Congrats on winning the diamond hoops. No, I don’t have a 10K thread. I did get some pretty earrings with my wonderful PS 10K gift. Are you feeling good? When are the twins due?

Deegee, I am glad you are enjoying the weekend plus getting in some extra sleep. How awful about the accident and detour for your commute to work. That is always cool to have a favorite restaurant but obviously other people know it’s good too. Our favorite restaurant is about 45 minutes from here. It is a steak house. Marty loves their pepper steak and French onion soup. I always get their top sirloin and they have marvelous french fries. Their margaritas are the best and we always split a piece of peanut butter pie. I’ll probably go there for my birthday next month. Marty is still looking for a job. The HR lady from a place he applied called him already and said she’d pass on his resume to some of the people hiring. He is also looking in to starting college which will be good for him too. We did have a very nice talk about it on our date night. I want to be where he is so whatever happens I will be fine. I have not told my parents yet since i don’t want to get them upset for nothing. I hate to hear Matt has problems with his knees. I got arthritis in high school from the 3 days measles (the 5th time I had them). I couldn’t move any joint and was covered in spots from head to toe. I went to the doctor and he said 3% of all arthritis cases are caused by measles. The straight leg lifts with strap on leg weights help strengthen my knees the best. Both knees have been operated on but both are bad; the right one is the worst of the two. Walking seems to work great for me but the treadmill tears it up. You have new picture of cute Lily!

Well, Marty is probably asleep already so I’d best go get my jewelry out of the jewelry cleaner. I am going to look at bigger diamonds tomorrow. Oh oh!

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - I didn't know you could get arthritis from the measles. Good grief - 5 times? Wow. Matt can't use the treadmill either, which is a shame because we have a very nice Nordic Track treadmill that neither of us can use because of achy joints! It's a good thing our neighborhood is perfect for walking. Everything will work out for Marty, I'm sure. I hate the uncertain too. We're in West Virginia because of Matt's job. I was a teacher in Ohio and he was an engineer at an oil refinery. I had a major career change when we moved here, and he sort of did too. We both feel like we're both better off - neither of us was thrilled with what we were doing. I was really worried at first, but I do believe things work out in the end. If we go through it again, we'll be fine. You guys will be too! Lily is the sweetest dog that ever walked the planet. I'm so lucky she found us!

We just got back from mom & dad's - no injuries this time. The kids told me I wasn't allowed on the wiffleball field this week because I have more accidents as a spectator than they do actually playing the game. I come from a family of smart alecs. We had a break in the rain today so it was a great day to be outdoors. Matt and I are getting ready to take our walk, and then I plan to head to bed before midnight. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had a fun day. I drove to Denver and met my sister for an afternoon of shopping. She got some clothes, then we went to my favorite jewelry store and then we had lunch. I left my anniversary band to get tweaked up a little in size - it’s kind of an oval band so when I am warm it’s tight to get on and off - with summer coming I thought I’d size it up a 1/4 size. My ering which is the same size never has that problem. I looked at a few things but didn’t buy anything. I asked to see some ideal cut diamonds about .10 more than what I have (.81) but they didn’t have any in my price range. He did bring out a 1.00 diamond about $4000 more than my trade in would be (way more than I want to pay) and funny thing was it looked great and seemed to be nicer than my diamond. I wrote down the GIA # and checked it out when we got in the car - it’s not ideal cut and came in at 5.6 HCA. Oh well, it is always fun to look. I’ve been thinking of getting EC studs so looked at .36 ct size and don’t know if I’d like them as earrings or not. EC look so much like glass they might be kind of dull that small as earrings.

Marty called me while I was at the jewelry store to see how much he can spend on a watch. He is in Vegas for work for a few days. He wants a Panerai - I reminded him my birthday is before his. LOL.

My sister and I had spaghetti for lunch; it was quite tasty. We split a sundae for dessert. I wasn’t very hungry when I got home so had a small bag of microwave popcorn for supper.

It was very windy here today with wind gusts 50 to 65 mph. Whenever I passed a semi or trailer that was getting blown around by the wind I would speed by them way faster than the speed limit. I thought I’d rather have a speeding ticket than get crushed by a semi.

Deegee, we have a nice Nordic track too - it’s my clothes hanger right now. Marty uses it occasionally (after I clear it off). Ooh, I should sell it while Marty is in Vegas and get some more diamond upgrade money. That is great you have a nice place to walk in your neighborhood. Ours isn’t bad to walk around but there are a lot of uneven places that I worry about being a klutz and all. I am sure things will work out for us if we end up moving somewhere. As long as we are together we will be fine. That is great you and Matt relocated and are better off now. Things generally do work out. I am glad you, Matt and Lily found each other too. That is too funny the kids were giving you a hard time about getting hurt. Sounds like my family.

Take care and have a great Monday. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished watching "The Notebook", it's such a great movie but oh so sad. :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I met a friend at the mall tonight. We did some shopping then I went with her and her kids to McDonalds. We all had happy meals. I split my fries with my friend. Her little girl was so excited I came to supper with them. She's 3 and very cute.

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

marcy - I'm glad you and your sister had a fun shopping day. Are you seriously thinking about changing your diamond, or are you just looking for fun? Every time I think about upgrading, I decide I like my stone and just need to change the setting. I hope Marty's Vegas trip won't be all work. I have never been, but Matt went a few years ago and has been bugging me to go ever since. Our neighborhood has mostly concrete road surfaces, but there is one old paved section that is in desperate need of a patch job. We have to be really careful through there, but the rest is great. We have 1/4 mile up hill, 1/4 mile back down the other side, and 1/2 mile of mostly level road, which is a pretty good work out. A friend at work told me there is going to be a Stephanie Plum movie. Have you hear about that? I haven't googled it, but she said the actors/actresses don't look like the images of the characters she had in her head!

We had pretty wild weather today. It was really warm this morning, hot and really windy this afternoon and pouring rain now. I kept my eyes on the sky and walked Lily as soon as I got home. We walked really fast to beat the rain, and my legs were still thumping an hour later! We got our 3 miles in, though. We have had so much rain that Matt had to mow the grass tonight for the 3rd time in 2 weeks. Tonight for dinner we had leftover pulled barbecue pork from Mom's house yesterday. My jaw seems to be having a relapse, so I'm trying to be even more careful with what I eat. She made the barbecue in the crockpot, so it was really tender. I had peach Greek yogurt for dessert. I pulled out a few pairs of jean capri's from last summer and they're a little loose. Must be my mushy food diet! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, my evil alter ego had delusions of DSS but couldn’t magically come up with the thousands of dollars required to get a bigger diamond - so I was just looking for fun. I’ve only had this ring since November and I never had the ering and wring put together so when I wear the ering alone I always thing “ooh a bigger diamond would be nice”. When I wear them together I think it is plenty big. I was more on a scouting mission for my birthday present. I agree sometimes just changing out your setting can make a big difference. The conference Marty goes to keeps them all pretty busy. Sounds like roads by your house offer a good place for some exercise. I heard they were making a Stephanie Plum movie, she is going to be played by Kathryn Heigl but I don’t know who is playing any of the other characters. I hate to hear your jaw seems to be having a relapse; you poor thing. I hope it gets better. Spring has definitely arrived for you if Matt has to cut the grass already.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Marcy! Happy 10k!!! :appl: I am 30 weeks and due June 23rd, thanks for asking. thanks about the hoops; I need to post pics but I was super busy w/baby shower stuff. I plan to post pics in the next few days. I did see your lovely earrings; I bet you are enjoying those :love:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

marcy - I guess I either ate too much or talked too much over the weekend, causing my jaw to hurt worse. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had broken my jaw. Good grief! I guess torn ligaments are more than I can handle. Sometimes I think I'd like a bigger e-ring stone, but I honestly don't think it would be me - if that makes any sense. About 6 months after I replaced my broken original e-ring, I chipped the girdle of my beautiful new stone and had to replace it. I considered getting something larger then, but in the end got pretty much the same size I had. I love the look of your set. Are you still happy with your solitaire? I'm going back and forth between a solitaire or pear side stones. I'm really liking the Summer on the BGD website. I downloaded the BGD and James Allen apps for my iphone so I can dream away while I'm waiting for Matt!

Hi Skippy! I hope everything is going well with you and your little guys.

I only worked 1/2 day today because I woke up feeling lousy and had to take medicine that knocks me out. When I got to work, I had a message from my new employee who was supposed to start on April 18. He found a higher paying job, which is great for him but I still have a vacancy that I can't seem to fill. It has poured rain all day, the HVAC unit for my section went out and my poor people were sweltering all day. A bug popped up in each of my programs that went live this week. I wasn't responsible for the testing of either of the sections containing the bugs in either program, but I feel like it's on me anyway. We have one of them solved, but the other may be a bigger problem. I should have stayed home all day! I made homemade pizza with very thin crust for dinner. Matt's half had pepperoni and cheese, and my half had thinly sliced veggies. For dessert I had a Yuengling Bock beer. Strange dessert, but after this funky day it really hit the spot. It never stopped raining today, so we didn't walk. Matt is thinking he may have to mow the grass again this week. It seems like it grew overnight. Have a great day tomorrow!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey: Work was crazy but that meant my day flew by. I met my parents for lunch. They are going on vacation for about 10 days. I hope my mom does okay traveling but the doctor said she could go as long as she wasn’t driving.

I got my hair cut tonight. I like it. I left the length about the same but got the top layered more. I have very thick hair so it looks better layered. I took my jewelry to a few other stores and had them cleaned and checked.

I had a lean cuisine pizza for supper and a weight watchers chocolate bar for supper.

Marty sent me pictures from the Bellagio. It looks very pretty. They were eating somewhere near there tonight. He will get back tomorrow. Yippee!

Skippy, I bet you are having a blast with baby showers and getting ready for the twins. I am so excited for you. :appl: I will watch for pictures of your pretty hoops.

Deegee, if Matt is like Marty he will say for you talked too much and that is why your jaw had a setback. LOL. We are married to a couple of funny guys, eh? They say torn muscles and ligaments are sometimes worse than breaks and take longer to repair themselves. I understand exactly what you mean about a bigger stone not being you. I have never cared for big jewelry on me. Tonight I tried on a 1 ct. Leo and a 1 1/2 ct. Leo (not that I’d buy one but they are the nicest stones they had). The 1 ct. is honestly not that much bigger than my 3/4 ct and the 1.5 was way too big for me. When I have on both ering and wring I really like them so unless I win the lotto I will not be upgrading but it’s fun to look. Yes, I really like having a solitaire. I was trying on rings in a store last night that were the pave set, lots of bling - they are gorgeous and I would not snub my nose at them for a RHR but I like my diamond being the center of attention for my wedding rings. I will go check out the Summer at BGD. I think pears would be gorgeous with a center stone. 3 stone rings are very classy looking. BTW I realize I am no help here at all - I like all jewelry. I will have to get those apps for my phone too. Sorry to hear you started the day out feeling lousy. What a day you had at work - I am glad you left early. I hope you are doing better tonight. Your pizza sounds great.

I will be up for awhile. I started a batch of laundry and realized awhile ago the buzzer was long overdue. I went to see if my clothes were dry and I forgot to start the dryer. Rats. Oh well I have some shows to watch on my DVR.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - you just reminded me that I have a load of clothes in the dryer that I needed to turn back on. Shoot! It's 12:30 and I wanted to go to bed. I think I'll turn it on and go to bed anyway. Forgetting to turn it on in the first place sounds like something I'd do! I got my hair layered again last week and I like it so much better. It kind of falls into place when I dry it and I don't have to do anything else with it. I hope your mom & dad enjoy vacation. I hope she's healing well from her surgery. She deserves a nice relaxing vacation, and your dad too. Our attorney at work wore a 4 ct rb for several years and not another stitch of jewelry (gasp - she's not a jewelry person!). A bunch of us tried on each other's rings one day, and that stone was so big that it felt like costume jewelry on my hand. My ring looked itty bitty next to it! She had a bad break up with her fiance and won't tell us what she did with the ring. I have this fear that she flushed it or threw it out, just to make him mad. Eek.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, rats that you forgot your laundry. I plan on leaving my last batch in overnight too. I went to check out the Summer setting. It is very, very pretty. How big is your center stone again? I hope my hair requires little attention too - I like wash and wear hairdos. I am glad you like your new hairdo too.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!
marcy - my center stone is a 1.32 ct WF ACA set in the WF flush fit setting, and my band is the WF bead set eternity band (missing a stone). I don't think the little bead set stones are for me. I need sturdy! I like the pear side stones and I really love the design of the Summer setting. I have a shared prong 3/4 eternity band that I plan to wear with it. My current band is a size 6.5, and now my finger is a 5 so the band drives me nuts. I don't like it enough to order the same thing in a smaller size, hence the thoughts of a reset! I'm all about the wash & wear hair too. I sleep until the last possible second in the morning, so I can't take time to fix my hair. I'm glad Marty is getting home today! Did he stay at the Bellagio? Matt stayed at the Luxor, but I think he went inside every hotel on the strip on a scouting missing for when he drags me there.

I didn't go to work today, but did go for therapy on my shoulder and neck. The doctor checked the knot on my jawbone and told me that he thought I probably had a hairline fracture that didn't show up on the xray due to swelling. I thought xrays saw through swelling! He thinks the knot might be permanent, but at least it's more on the underside of my jawbone than my face. He did tell me that I'm healing on schedule and to not be discouraged. On the way home I stopped for groceries, and there were all kinds of displays of fresh fruit. I bought strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwis, grapes, and blueberries. It took forever to get everything cut up small enough for me to eat, but I made a tasty fruit salad for dessert tonight and breakfast for the rest of the week. I made spaghetti for dinner, and we're getting ready to take our walk. It has been a beautiful, sunny, completely rain-free day. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Marty got home from Vegas today. Yippee!! He texted me about 3 and said “bring food when you come home” and then he took a nap until I got home. I picked up tacos on the way home.

Work was chaotic today so my day zipped by quickly.

Deegee, Ooh your diamond sounds gorgeous. I wouldn’t have a bead set or pave set ring unless I had a local store that could fix it and that covered it for free. I am way too klutzy. I need sturdy too. I think your eternity band would look great with the Summer setting. Marty stayed at the MGM this year. He goes there for a convention every April. Sorry to hear you probably have a hairline fracture and that the knot will probably not go away. I have heard hairline fractures don’t always show on X-rays. That is good news he thinks you are healing as expected. I know you want the speedy version though. I love fresh fruit and that is a good idea to cut it up small enough to eat. We dipped back in the 40’s today with wind so I walked as far as the mailbox and that was about it. I hope you and Matt enjoyed your walk tonight.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more day of work to go. OMG the weekend can't come too soon. Work was once again hectic plus I had to go test new software. Get this - it wouldn't work in the test bed but they "assured" me they didn't touch any of the functions that my team needs. I directly said if you load it up Tuesday and it doesn't work I will clearly let people know it wouldn't work in the testbed. Grr.

We went to a quite little Italian restaurant for supper. It is kind of sad to see how slow they are now that Olive Garden is in town. They have a pizzeria in the front and I am sure that is what keeps them in business. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves until we were almost through then a family came in. I had spaghetti and meatballs and brought home 3/4 of it for our lunch tomorrow. I had 2 glasses of wine too - that was how my day at work went. In a month we will be so slow I'll be bored of our my mind. Sweet.

We had big flakes of snow this morning. I was singing Christmas Carols. It is in the 30's though so it didn't stick. It was quite pretty though.

Well, take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning my friends in HLT land. :wavey:

We had our astronomy club meeting last night. We did a telescope workshop so it was very casual. We went out for pie after the meeting. I had apple so at least it was fruit, right?

Today we are both meeting friends for lunch then we are going to look for Marty a suit. He might need one for a job interview ;(

I think I will see if we have time to go compare some GIA EX to AGS0 diamonds. Then I want to look at some G Si1 diamonds to see if I like them. DSS will just not go away. :naughty: Oh wait - it's all in my mind. That's right, I keep forgetting that.

I need to do laundry and house work too. My sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit tomorrow so I need to get on that before they get here.

Have a great day!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

marcy - you're a bad influence when it comes to jewelry! There's no way I could actually go look at larger stones because then I would convince myself that I NEEDED a bigger stone. How'd your fact finding mission go? Could you tell any difference between the GIA EX and the AGS0? I'd guess not. My stone is an eye clean H SI1, and it is actually really white. I was nervous when I ordered it, but I guess it is cut so well that the color really doesn't show, even from the side. How'd suit shopping go? It's been years since Matt has worn a suit!

It has rained non stop for 2 days. We had a stream of water dripping from around a bathroom light this morning. We're not missing any shingles, so we think rain blew in the attic vent. It has been really windy and the rain is coming down sideways. The creek that runs behind our house is higher than I've ever seen it. I'll have to snap a picture tomorrow. It's not going to get us, but it is definitely up there. We went to Sears tonight to price Kenmore appliances, and ended up buying a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The refrigerator is much fancier than we had intended to buy, but they were having a really good sale and the fancy one wasn't much more than the one we had planned to buy. It's going to be 3 weeks before they're delivered, so we're going to wait until then to order the counter top. Tomorrow I'm hoping to convince Matt to install the ceiling fan for our room that we bought 2 years ago. (Umm...We're kind of bad about putting things off.) I got tired of tripping over the box, so I moved it to the landing outside of our bedroom and it has sat in the same spot ever since. I had a grilled chicken meal at Chili's for dinner, and then we split a chocolate chip paradise pie for dessert. Yummy. It's pouring rain, so no walk tonight. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. :wavey:

Deegee, I am a bad influence for a lot of things. :bigsmile: I did get to see an AGS0 (H Si1) and it was gorgeous. They had a little scope that I could see the hearts and arrows in it. They did not have a GIA EX to compare it to but they did get out an IGI equivalent which was nice but didn’t seem to have as much fire as the AGS0 diamond. Yes, now I want an AGS0 1 carat diamond for sure. We did get Marty a couple of nice suits yesterday. Jos A Bank had a buy one get 2 free. Marty found 2 suits he really liked in his size and then another one they’d have to order in in his size. The help there was HORRID so we finally get up to the register and they don’t have the 3rd suit in his size so Marty said “bye”. We went to Men’s Wearhouse and he got 2 suits (the second one for $100) and 4 shirts and ties. One salesman hung out with us the entire time and made sure everything was taken care of for us. We probably spent about the same as we would have buying 3 suits but we got service plus shirts and ties. Now Marty will be ready for his interviews. Sadly all of that cut in to my diamond cash. I am still working on it though. LOL. Rats for water coming in your bathroom. I hope you see some sunshine today.

Yesterday was a fun day. We met our friends for lunch then headed to a mall about 60 miles south of here for shopping. We ended up in another nearby town for the suits and then had supper before coming home.

This morning we are eating a light breakfast because we are going to lunch with my sister and BIL about 11. Marty is playing golf about 1 so we had to plan on an early lunch. I’d best get cleaning now.

Have a great day.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

:wavey: gang! Out AGAIN to shovel snow--it just doesn't stop! At least it is exercise, altho I might choose more pleasant diversions....hope to get to the pool this week and yoga also...

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I can't believe you are shoveling snow today. We are in the 50''s but it is windy here so it's not very warm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results