shape
carat
color
clarity

April Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your gallon of paint is far more practical than my diamond. Yes, we went to Denver today and I got a 1.03 ct diamond. They mounted it in my solitaire setting and I was able to pick it up before we left town. I took a few photos tonight but none of them are very good so I hope to get some tomorrow with some sunshine. I also have a piece of fuzz under one of the prongs - aargh! I only went from a .81 to a 1 carat and it looks bigger to me but probably no one else will notice. They only had this one AGS0 and one GIA EX in my carat range but the AGS0 was way more than I wanted to pay. They took off about 9% and I traded in a pair of sapphire studs and felt like i wanted to afford it. Poor Marty was on his bat phone ALL day with a work problem. I did get him off it long enough to ask if I could get the diamond. I said "it's more than I intended to spend" and he said something like "isn't that the way it always turns out?" I couldn't deny it. :bigsmile: We met some friends when we got back to town and got home about 9.

Tomorrow I need to buy groceries and get some menus planned out for the week.

Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my new ring. I have a thread is SMTB with a lot more photos if you are interested.

agscloseup2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. :wavey:

We got up about 7. I went to make breakfast but Marty's required ingredient (hot sausage) was frozen solid so I drove to Burger King and picked up croissants for breakfast. I wasted the next 2 plus hours taking photos of my new diamond and created a new thread on it. I didn't even take a shower until about noon. :bigsmile:

I ran out to the mall to pick up a RHR that was being repaired and while I was there I asked them to get out my fuzzies under one of my prongs. He was done with that in a flash. Then I went grocery shopping.

I have really been craving chicken Parmesan but of course I can't eat chicken so I made us a dish that would have a similar taste and it came out great. It is called pizza steak and I baked it for about 90 minutes so it would be nice and tender. I made pasta to go with it and garlic bread. The bread was really crusty so I just ate the inside soft part. My teeth are a little worse today than yesterday. I am still weary of taking the penicillin the dentist gave me.

We have a few snow flakes here today with wind but it didn't last long.

I am off to do my May newsletter for the astronomy club. I need to get all the lamps turned on it here so I can be distracted by sparkles. Only you PSers can understand my thinking. DH thinks I am a flake. On the way back from Denver yesterday it was partly cloudy and i was on the opposite side of the Sun. Whenever there was sunshine coming in the car I'd move my hand so I could get my diamond to sparkle. Marty finally said - if you flash that thing in my face one more time I'm going to touch it. Ha ha!

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - your new stone is beautiful! It looks very lively... lots of colors and flashes of light. Yay!!!! I hope you really enjoy it. You deserve it! I'll head over to SMTB to check it out. I can imagine you taking pictures of it from all angles! Can you see the difference in size? That's funny that Marty was going to touch it. He & Matt would get along well... we were in a drive-thru last night for icecream and the lights made my stone sparkle like crazy. I kept moving it around to get it to flash, and Matt told me to "get that thing out of my face." Men. I'm sorry your mouth is hurting worse. Matt took his last antibiotic today and is afraid he's going to be feeling it before his root canal on Thursday.

We just got back from our walk. It has rained on and off all day and is really muggy outside. Lily came straight inside and conked out in the middle of the floor. I had a very productive weekend, and I'm so proud of myself! I cleaned out closets and drawers, and trashed a bunch of junk that needed thrown out years ago. We picked out paint colors for all the rooms indoors, carpet for all upstairs, light fixtures for upstairs, shutters, front door, and full-view screen door. The next in line after the appliances are delivered this week is ordering the kitchen counter tops & cabinet fixtures. I have to have one thing in place before I can move on to the next. My brain can't handle more than one thing at a time! I had grilled chicken and veggies fixed light style at the Outback for dinner, and then we split a piece of carrot cake for dessert. I cut my leftover chicken into small pieces for lunch tomorrow, and made a yummy tropical fruit salad for breakfast. Ugh - I'm not ready for a new week already. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that is too funny you were moving around your hand in the car to get your diamond to flash. Yes, Matt and Marty sound very much alike giving us a hard time about “ooh sparkly”. I know which stores in town have the best diamond lights. Lowe’s is actually one of them. I do like my new diamond a lot and find it very lively. Yesterday I could tell the difference now I am used to it already. Look out DSS!!! Not really. I think I’ll stick with this size for a long time. I guess I will start the penicillin tomorrow. I hope Matt doesn’t have any pain before his root canal. Wow, you are really doing a major remodeling job on your house. How fun. I am right there with you. I am not ready for another week of work either. I finally get to give the performance appraisals to my employees for last year. I will be glad to get those over with for another year.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results