shape
carat
color
clarity

Appreciate Opinions - both AGS 000, Are these that different to the average eye?

guhboogi

Rough_Rock
Hello, could really use some advice on choosing between these two diamonds.

In the last few days, from having no idea what the 4 C's were to doing as much research as possible, I've come to recognize the importance of cut when choosing a diamond. I was initially settled on the whiteflash ACA 1.6 G SI2 diamond based on what I understood to be an ideal cut. but in talking with some friends they mentioned carat size and clarity are often more emphasized when it comes to discussing perceiving diamond value, with cut not typically being discussed. From what I've read, clarity is often the least important as long as it's eye clean, so was surprised to hear her friends mostly talking about carat size and clarity.

I landed on an alternative choice that was not labeled a true hearts by JA, but was AGS000, larger at 1.69ct H VVS2. Concerns would be that the diamond lacked fire as the crown angle is 33.1%, pavillion 41.0%, and the table size is larger at 59.1% and crown height seems low at 13.3%. Also noticed that the ASET image had a red center and I have been accustomed to seeing ideal cuts as green. I think maybe this is categorized as a BIC as opposed to a TIC above?

Any thoughts on which you would choose between the two below? Prices are similar, and practically speaking, I wonder if the average eye would even notice the difference in sparkle between the two in your average environment.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...t-h-color-vvs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-11535347

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4400973.htm

Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? There must be a diamond between a vvs2 and an si2 that meets other specs. That said, all WF ACA diamonds will be cut better than most GIA 3X and with more precision than many “generic” AGS0 stones. Plus the trade up policy, say if she wanted a bigger or clearer or whiter stone later, is $1. At James Allen, you must spend double… which can get spendy if your original stone is $10K.

guhboogi

Rough_Rock
What is your budget? There must be a diamond between a vvs2 and an si2 that meets other specs. That said, all WF ACA diamonds will be cut better than most GIA 3X and with more precision than many “generic” AGS0 stones. Plus the trade up policy, say if she wanted a bigger or clearer or whiter stone later, is $1. At James Allen, you must spend double… which can get spendy if your original stone is $10K.
Budget is around $15k. Oops, meant si1, not si2. The si1 is priced at $14.8k, the vvs2 is priced at $14.5k

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I am by no means a diamond expert so I will let the pros comment on your listed options, but I have had two different ACA diamonds from WF. The first was a .718 I SI1 and the second (my current) is a 1.17 I VS2. Both of the diamonds (were) are stunning, sparkly firecrackers. They are always “on”. I was able to upgrade to the larger stone using the WF upgrade policy.

Also, you have already figured out what most people buying diamonds don’t know. CUT IS KING! I would chose a super ideal cut diamond with a lower carat, size and clarity all day long IMHO.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There wont be issues with an SI1, especially if its listed as being eye clean. Definitely go with the WF stone

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo the 1.8!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results