shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisers in Bay Area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did a search on this an could not find anything.

Are there any recommendations for appraisers in the San Francisco Bay Area? I know Nancy Stacey in Walnut Creek is one, but I am in the Peninsula and was wondering if there was anyone closer.

Thanks for any info!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nancy did not want to recommend anyone in the Bayarea to me except for someone in SF, but I don't recall the name. She noted that she felt anyone else was not a top-caliber appraiser...so didn't give me names. She's pretty strict, teaches appraisal classes for GIA...so I tend to trust her judgement.

However I know that a few people have taken their stones to Willow Glen Jewelers in WG for a quickie appraisal (something like $70) and been happy...the person is an in-house jeweler but appears to be pretty reputable and unbiased (if possible!)
1.gif
Beyond that, can't be of much help. Good luck!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry just saw your 1st post...
6.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara,

Thanks for the info on Stacy. I guess my next question would be: Can you describe your appraisal experience? Did you get a Gem Print?

Thanks for any info!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky..I think I summed up my appraisal experience with Nancy in a post a while back, but the jist of it is that we were very happy with her. She doesn't have a Bscope, but she does have an IdealScope and a GemPrint. So we did get the stone GemPrinted for $40. She charges about $125 an hour, one stone will probably take about an hour of appraisal, but we had her do more than just the one stone. We brought the stone to her unset, had her run all the #'s, then brought back the final product (ring) and had her appraise all the side stones and give us the final paperwork. We also had her appraise 2 sets of earrings, so our total bill was more hours than just the one ring.

2.gif
Here is that old thread from last year
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/appraiser-uncertainty.3358/

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, Mara! I will be printing out this thread and others for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results