shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser in south bay area, CA?

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. I need to find an appraiser for my e-ring. My friend recommended that I go to Nancy Stacey for my appraisal (for insurance purposes) but I have not been able to get a hold of her. I checked the list of appraisers here on PS and found two others located in the south bay, but I was wondering if anyone here has actually used either of them. Their names are David Harris and Carole Richbourg, both located in Los Gatos. Anyone have any other appraisers they can recommend around the south bay, or anywhere in the SF bay area? I'd prefer to stay out of SF though. Thanks in advance!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
King's Jewelers in Walnut Creek has gotten good appraisal reports.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1313557181|2992418 said:
King's Jewelers in Walnut Creek has gotten good appraisal reports.

Sorry computer glitch. I meant to add: They aren't independent, so keep that in mind. But I do know Pricescoper's who have gone to them and been happy.

zeero3

Rough_Rock
I went to Carole Richbourg when I received my GOG ring to basically see if it is what the cert says it is. She was knowledgeable and kind. She does full appraisals for $225 I believe. She checked out the stone, estimated the 4cs, answered all of my questions, let me know if I paid a reasonable price, and talked diamonds with me. I spent about 40 minutes with her and would recommend her. Make sure to call up and schedule an appointment. I was going to just pop in, but thought better of it and emailed her. She informed me she was leaving the office in the afternoon to go do an on-site appraisal--I got there in time and she didn't rush me.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
zeero3|1313596916|2992625 said:
I went to Carole Richbourg when I received my GOG ring to basically see if it is what the cert says it is. She was knowledgeable and kind. She does full appraisals for $225 I believe. She checked out the stone, estimated the 4cs, answered all of my questions, let me know if I paid a reasonable price, and talked diamonds with me. I spent about 40 minutes with her and would recommend her. Make sure to call up and schedule an appointment. I was going to just pop in, but thought better of it and emailed her. She informed me she was leaving the office in the afternoon to go do an on-site appraisal--I got there in time and she didn't rush me.

Are appraisals typically ~$200? Does it tend to vary by the type of piece?

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy and zeero. I will try giving Carole Richbourg a call then. Walnut Creek is a bit of a drive from the south bay. I just haven't seen anyone on here talk about Carole Richbourg nor David Harris so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to someone without hearing anything about the level of service they provide, regardless of the fact they are listed on PS. I went to Carole's website and it looks like she would be a good choice since she deals directly with JM, which is who I plan to have my ring insured with. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results