shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser in/around San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vablackwell

Rough_Rock
Hi -

Has anyone worked with an appraiser in San Francisco or on the Peninsula? There''s just one listed on Pricescope at $150/hr...
Since my diamond is only .5 carat, I''m looking for someone a little less expensive.

Is $150/hr the going rate?

Thanks,

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been trying to follow your posts about the 3-stone ring you are building. Personally I wouldn''t spend money on an appraisal for a .5 ct stone. Did you already buy the .5 ct? In one of your last posts you were still looking for 2 side stones. Anyway, if it were me, I''d consider picking my vendor, sending him the center stone and letting him pick the side stones to match. You have a deep center stone with a very thick girdle. You don''t want to put ideal cut side stones next to this as the side stones could out shine the center. Winfields would be my choice of an internet vendor to create a custom ring and source the stones.

I also had an old stone with an extremely thick girdle. I had it recut (it bothered me) so I could use it someday with ideal cut side stones.

Sorry I don''t have answer to your appraisal question. I didn''t know where to post my 2 cents.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/4/2009 11:23:14 AM
Author:vablackwell
Hi -

Has anyone worked with an appraiser in San Francisco or on the Peninsula? There's just one listed on Pricescope at $150/hr...
Since my diamond is only .5 carat, I'm looking for someone a little less expensive.

Is $150/hr the going rate?

Thanks,
What all are you wanting done Virginia? If you just want basics to find a match for your existing side stone I posted some advice in this thread. If you want firmer gemological details like color/clarity, still for matching, Swingirl's suggestion to go through a seller is good.

If you are looking for an appraisal specifically Nancy Stacy is very highly regarded. I don't for certain but she might quote you a different fee based on the size/scope of what you want done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results