shape
carat
color
clarity

appraisal questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cougarrx

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am planning to have a diamond (Round, 1.34ct, F, VS1, faint blue fluorescence) appraised via distance (one of the recommended appraisers on this site). Since this is my first appraisal, I was wondering what kind of questions should I ask? I have a few that I thought of listed below, I need help on what else I should or need to ask before actually buying the diamond. Thank you all for your consideration!

Is this the diamond representative from the GIA certificate? No inscription
Is this a High or Low F grade color?
Is this a High or Low VS1?
Is the diamond eye clean? At what distance?
How strong is the fluorescence? In sunlight?
How is the cut? Is everything in proper proportions/angles?
How are the Ideal scope images?
Is the diamond Painted or Dug?
How is the light return?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t like #22 on this list, others may be helpful...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 7:57:39 PM
Author:cougarrx
Hi all,

I am planning to have a diamond (Round, 1.34ct, F, VS1, faint blue fluorescence) appraised via distance (one of the recommended appraisers on this site). Since this is my first appraisal, I was wondering what kind of questions should I ask? I have a few that I thought of listed below, I need help on what else I should or need to ask before actually buying the diamond. Thank you all for your consideration!

Is this the diamond representative from the GIA certificate? No inscription
Is this a High or Low F grade color?
Is this a High or Low VS1?
Is the diamond eye clean? At what distance?
How strong is the fluorescence? In sunlight?
How is the cut? Is everything in proper proportions/angles?
How are the Ideal scope images?
Is the diamond Painted or Dug?
How is the light return?
Hi cougar,

I think you can delete this one. At VS1, you''ll be lucky to find the inclusions with a loupe, much less with your eyes.
2.gif

Also, without seeing all the info on the diamond, it''s hard to know whether to offer more specific questions, or not.

Good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw the stats in another thread, I think you''ve got it covered. You can ask about the flo if it will make you feel better, but
I have faint, and I would never know if it weren''t for the fact it''s stated on my report. It''s not a problem.

Looks like a very nice diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results