shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BillyMc

Rough_Rock
I need some help from the experts finding a local independent appraiser in the Charlotte, NC area. The only local independent appraiser that I could locate was the Carolina Gem Lab (www.carolinagemlab.com).

When I emailed them to find out exactly how they determine the diamond specs, I received the following response:

"Examination of the stone under a binocular microscope to determine the clarity of the stone, measuring the diamond with a digital Leveridge guage & calculating its weight, testing of the diamond with a thermal tester, forming an opinion of the stone’s color grade, writing up the report & taking photographs of the diamond which will be presented to you on a CD. You will receive 2 copies of the appraisal report."

Has anyone heard of this lab or can anyone recommend an independent appraiser in the Charlotte, NC area?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
There are really very few appraisal/gemological labs that have enough equipment to make complete and reliable conclusions.

Secondly, its vital to make sure the appraiser can and is able to make expert interpretation of the results.

Then you need to consider if you really need an gemologist/appraiser, or is just a gemologist qualified to provide the service you want.

Check their credentials, ask how they arrive at their value conclusions, ask what gemological testing they do, question everything....

Appraise the Appraiser!

Hope this helps.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results