shape
carat
color
clarity

Apple Bottom jeans? Baby Phat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so according to that link i am more like a spoon. my measurements (took them today) are 36-28-38.

hourglass according to that chart is more like i thought, aka the waist has to be 9" or MORE smaller than the bust. so someone like a 38-28-38 OR 39-28-38 would be considered hourglass. my waist is only 8" less than my bust, which is probably why i don't have that gap at the waist that my other friends who have tiny waists and true hourglass figures do.

kind of interesting for sure!! how odd that the artist jeans don't work with your butt and we have basically the same measurements. what size were you trying on? i wear a 6 in the AE artist and i put them on this morning out of the dryer and they fit right on my low-waist/upper hip kinda area. definitely nothing hanging out. hehee.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i tried on the AE jeans and they did not flatter me at all. I''m short, my bust is smaller than my hips thanks to nursing 2 babies
39.gif
but my waist and hip ratio are where they are supposed to be. I don''t have a flat bootie either so I don''t need any lifting. I did just buy a pair of the long and leans from the Gap and I loved them. I''m going to go back and buy a few more b/c I used to get the low rise boot cut and they don''t make them anymore. I''m going to stock up on the long and leans just in case they disappear too.

ok, and why is it that you can try on the exact same style in the same size and it fits differently. I can never buy jeans online b/c no two pair seem to be equal. I have to try on a few in the same size to find the ones I like the best....maybe It''s just one more of my many issues
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adriana Goldenschmeid Angels are great

2 percent spandex, no more

All jeans give, so make sure they will not give and be droppy. I like most brands, Paige, Citizens, Paper Denim, Hudson...I have a small waist and a bit of curve, so I also have that gappy waist issue.

I try to go dark, it is more modern and slimming, and I like plainer pockets...but not totally plain if that makes sense

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Hudson jeans, they fit very well. And also bought a pair of the Citizens. But also love the J crew hip slung jeans. They are awesome. Plus they have the shorter lengths so I don''t have to have them tailored. I''m 5''4 1/2 and those other jeans I mentioned must have been made for super tall women. Ughhh.
11.gif
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes the stretch in the jeans nowadays is very unpredictable. even 1-2% stretch can end up being too big after wearing the jeans all day. sometimes 100% cotton is best actually...depending on the style and cut of the jeans. but i gotta love me a little stretch, that''s for sure. they just seem a bit more flattering.

i love the ag angel jeans and the legend style. oh and the odd thing about the AE jeans is that i got their AE artist long and it was really more like a ''regular'' in banana length. i thought gosh what do REALLY tall people wear? hehee. it was maybe a 33" inseam...i can wear them with 3" heels max. and i''m only 5''7" so it''s not like i am ''tall''.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, you are most certainly tall! Most women are not that lucky. I think the AG''s are great.

I am now OBSESSED with my Hudson cords. When it is cool here, I can wear them and look nice, but not too dressy. I got navy and grey and hemmed them for boots with a three inch heel...I have a couple cute blazers to wear with them when we go to NY City to see a show in the winter.

Then I got black and dark brown, and did two of each color, one to hem to Uggs and flatter shoes and one to hem with higher shoes. I will live in these all winter, sometimes I just do not want to wear my velour sweats and I am too cold for denim.

I also got, I think they are 7 or Citizens, a black and brown pair that are like a velvet, which are again a nice middle ground for going out in the chill, I can wear warmer boots and a nice sweater and it looks a bit nicer and keeps warm...

Growing up in So. Cal I never worried about this!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DF i know it''s not short, but i don''t think of 5''7" as TALL....i think of 5''9" as tall. for me i am ''average'' height. but many of my shorter friends think i am tall...hehee. i used to not like being taller but as i get older i am glad for it because the weight evenly distributes better...hee hee.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara. most women in my dh''s family barely clear 5 ffet. I am a giant at 5 5 1/2. My one cousin is tall, she is 5"10, and thin, which is nice, but she loves heels too and finds men get intimidated. I am pretty average which is fine, my hubby is 5"10, so it is cool. Two of my sons could be 6 feet which is nice, I think it is good for a guy to be tall!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 12:00:27 PM
Author:rfath

So! I found http://www.zafu.com ! They recommend jeans! For me! Something that won''t make me feel like I need to hide my butt!
I have to rave about the Zafu site. I tried it the other day and it recommended Chip and Pepper jeans, a brand I hadn''t even looked out before (I pretty much wear only 7s) AND well, all I can say it my rear looks ten times better than ever in the "Oliva" style! Yah!
2.gif
It''s definetly worth trying out & testing the jeans it recommends.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just went onto ae.com and got 2 more pairs of jeans! one hipster and one more artist. gotta love a $29 pair of jeans that FITS well! i told my co-worker i''ll have my $50 outfit on, and my $1k bag. sooo funny.
3.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
My husband tends to insist that I''m tall (5''8") because he refuses to believe that he''s short (an inch shorter than I).

I''m pleased with the AE hipster jeans that I got ($25 here), but I''m scared to try to get another pair after finding *one* pair that fit me!

The Lucky Brand jeans are soooo soft... just wish they didn''t stretch out *so* much when I wear them.

Still no call from Barney''s that they''ve restocked their sizes
33.gif
. Guess I''ll wander in again sometime and see what other brands might fit.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
so zafu recommended paige premium laurel canyons (which i LOVE) and ae artist as well as a few others. with all this talk about ae jeans aroundhere i got curious if they would fit me well also. so i threw on my paige jeans to compare and took off with hubby to the mall. the hipster fit ok and were cute, but the material felt so stiff and papery i was disappointed. the artist jeasns in the dark vintage wash were a nice color and i liked the detailing, but for some reason they fit AWFUL! i tried on the same size as the hipster which fit ok, but that size in the artist fit ok in the leg but was super saggy in the bootay area and had extra space for saddle bags
14.gif
. i was really bummed cuz i liked the wash and hubby was chomping at the bit to leave so i didn''t get to try on another size (shopping with hubby has def adv and disadv
3.gif
) anyone else run into this problem or did i just happen to pick up a stretchedout pair or something?

i was sad. then hubby complimented me on my paige jeans again so i came home and bought another pair from revolve.
9.gif

kaya

Rough_Rock
I found that joe jeans, diesel (but not hushs) and citizens fit my round behind really well.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
First off, if you are in Mass, the largest selection of jeans is at National Jeans Co in Newton:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/k1cf8VHTKfdyRkFv4Vbe1Q

They destroy Barney''s, Saks and Bloomingdales selection. Its really sad here... I miss the Bloomies in NYC with a GIGANTIC jeans section...

Anyhow, from a guys perspective, the jeans that look best on my gf by far are:

Paper, Denim & Cloth
Citizens
James
Seven
Joes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results