shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching American Idol tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Is it me or are the guys WAY stronger than the girls in this group? I have three guys that I really like - too bad that at most, only two will move on tomorrow (hopefully the other will get a wild card). Anyone else watching?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be watching tonight! I read spoilers about all of their performances, but I''m still curious about what the judges say.

Also: Anyone but Tatiana. She drives me crazy.
20.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:14:45 PM
Author: EBree
I''ll be watching tonight! I read spoilers about all of their performances, but I''m still curious about what the judges say.

Also: Anyone but Tatiana. She drives me crazy.
20.gif

Ooh watch and come back! And tell me who you liked!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m an Anoop fan. Liked Alexis Grace, too. Too bad about the home town Minneapolis girl, Casey Carlson. The judges panned her, and she looked sooooo disappointed.
8.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me me me ... (and I made brownies ... some folks will remember those days) Is it too early to say who I liked tonight .. or who I think''ll make it through this vote?

#1 vote getting male -- Danny Goeke
#1 vote getting female -- Tatiana Del ????
Next top vote getter -- Anoop -or- Alexis (can''t decide ... think probably Anoop)

Here''s the weird thing: as annoying as Tatiana is ... she was one of the top 2 females (w/Alexis) AND AND AND she is the Vote For The Worst pick because of all her craziness. That double dose of votes should push her through IMHO.

The others?

Poor Stevie ... that was awful. Lots of the performances were pretty bad. Michael Jackson? Really? REALLY? And the one other stand out GOOD performance was Ricky Braddy who never got any screen time, has no fan base already, and chose a singers song w/o wide appeal (unless you watch Showtime At The Apollo a lot, as I used to
3.gif
) My husband had never heard it. Not catchy. No chance.

I do like Jackie''s whole schtick but her version of the Elvis tune PALED in comparison to JPF''s LEGENDARY A. Idol take on it. A little LESS satisfaction I''m afraid -- but I hope the producers bring her back for the wildcard round.

And Michael Sarver is nice & a good singer w/a great story -- but the whole time he was singing "Wanna Be" I was wishing Anoop was singing it -- heck I''d rather have heard Danny''s FRIEND THAT GOT CUT sing it. Hum.

Most of all I''m just SO GLAD IDOL IS BACK. I''m a hopeless junkie.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:47:12 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I''m an Anoop fan. Liked Alexis Grace, too. Too bad about the home town Minneapolis girl, Casey Carlson. The judges panned her, and she looked sooooo disappointed.
8.gif

I like Anoop a lot! I"m also a huge fan of Danny and Ricky (I love the song Ricky performed)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:50:17 PM
Author: decodelighted
Me me me ... (and I made brownies ... some folks will remember those days) Is it too early to say who I liked tonight .. or who I think''ll make it through this vote?

Next top vote getter -- Anoop -or- Alexis (can''t decide ... think probably Anoop)

Here''s the weird thing: as annoying as Tatiana is ... she was one of the top 2 females (w/Alexis) AND AND AND she is the Vote For The Worst pick because of all her craziness. That double dose of votes should push her through IMHO.

The others?

Poor Stevie ... that was awful. Lots of the performances were pretty bad. Michael Jackson? Really? REALLY? And the one other stand out GOOD performance was Ricky Braddy who never got any screen time, has no fan base already, and chose a singers song w/o wide appeal (unless you watch Showtime At The Apollo a lot, as I used to
3.gif

I do like Jackie''s whole schtick but her version of the Elvis tune PALED in comparison to JPF''s LEGENDARY A. Idol take on it. A little LESS satisfaction I''m afraid -- but I hope the producers bring her back for the wildcard round.

And Michael Sarver is nice & a good singer w/a great story -- but the whole time he was singing ''Wanna Be'' I was wishing Anoop was singing it -- heck I''d rather have heard Danny''s FRIEND THAT GOT CUT sing it. Hum.

I didn''t have any brownie stuff - but I had over-ripe bananas, so I made banana bread. I''m watching now - on the west coast.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
her version of the Elvis tune PALED in comparison to JPF''s LEGENDARY A. Idol take on it. A little LESS satisfaction I''m afraid
Blerg ... I meant JPL ... Jon Peter Lewis for non-Idol-fanatic/nerds.

E B

Ideal_Rock

So far, DialIdol has Danny and Alexis in the top spots (I think). Maybe Anoop will make #3, and we can wave BUH-BYE to Little Miss AW Tatiana.
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

The others?

3.gif

And Michael Sarver is nice & a good singer w/a great story -- but the whole time he was singing ''Wanna Be'' I was wishing Anoop was singing it -- heck I''d rather have heard Danny''s FRIEND THAT GOT CUT sing it. Hum.

Oops we must have posted at the same time! I think it''s gotta be Anoop and Danny. I hope Ricky gets a wild card though. I really can''t stand Tatiana, although she did do well (the ladies weren''t doing their best tonight though). But I said to BF that if she IS marketing herself, she''s doing it well by acting up and being so dramatic so she got CONSTANT camera time up until now, then toning it down so people like her a little more.

I think Michael chose such a bad song for his voice - it just didn''t work. I liked Ricky''s song choice but I love that song - then again, you''re right, not as well known - I first heard it when Elliot Yamin sang it a few seasons ago. I''m not a fan of Jackie at all. For some reason, she just completely rubs me the wrong way
14.gif
I did think that Ann Marie did well tonight - unfortunate that she sang a song she didn''t have the vocal chops for. I thought she should''ve sang Natasha Bedingfield or something
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 11:32:59 PM
Author: EBree

So far, DialIdol has Danny and Alexis in the top spots (I think). Maybe Anoop will make #3, and we can wave BUH-BYE to Little Miss AW Tatiana.
3.gif

You know, Danny is in the strongest position right now - guy can sing, chose a good song, is good looking, and has a serious emotional backstory - plus a ton of (positive) screen time. I like him a lot - I kind of wish we could take three guys in this group instead of one guy, one girl, and the next highest
7.gif

I want brownies!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This is my first time watching it all season. I was working on the other previous Tuesdays. I am not as impressed as last year so far. I liked the guys better for sure. The girls put me to sleep. I guess I will have to watch the next two weeks to get to know the rest of them. The format is so different. I know this is all old news, but I have been stuck in my little world.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:59:34 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
This is my first time watching it all season. I was working on the other previous Tuesdays. I am not as impressed as last year so far. I liked the guys better for sure. The girls put me to sleep. I guess I will have to watch the next two weeks to get to know the rest of them. The format is so different. I know this is all old news, but I have been stuck in my little world.

Haha I didn''t watch AI last year, even though I had watched for the past 3 years I think. For some reason, I just really didn''t care for any of the contestants last season. I told BF though that I hope none of the singers I like now end up becoming annoying or such as the season progresses - it''s such a let-down then
3.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I fell asleep before I got to hear Danny and Tatiana sing! What songs did they choose, and were they any good?

Before them, I definitely liked Anoop and the girl with the pixie blond hair. I agree that the guys are definitely stronger in that group! Sorry, I can''t remember names, but 2 of the girls were just TERRIBLE, actually painful to listen to! And the guy with the fro...LOVED him in auditions but he was sooo disappointing last night. The first guy that sang, that the judges really liked, meh. I wasn''t impressed.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I DVR''d it last night and haven''t gotten to watch it yet... but I just wanted to add my 2 cents - FI and I can''t STAND Tatiana. I can''t believe she''s made it through this far. Her antics are so annoying, and she acts that way in FRONT of the judges. They act annoyed, then Paula turns around and GIVES her a ring. ??? Ugh.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
But I do really think the guys are great this season. The one guy is from Chapel Hill, NC - right down the road from me! There are a few girls that are good, but most aren''t nearly as strong as the guys. I''m excited to watch it... I just wish they wouldn''t make it a whole 2 hours!! Is it really necessary to monopolize our tv''s??

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I think Danny already has the fan base to push him through all the way to the top - I know that I love him.

There's something about Alexis that bothers me - yes, she "dirtied up" - but is that REALLY her? Or is this a look that she thought the judges and America would like? Because I don't really feel that the whole "look" is genuinely her, which makes me dislike her a bit.

Tatiana...
20.gif
- wow - annoys me to no end - but she actually did well last night! Barring her hysterical "keep my dream alive America!" speech at the end - lol!

I hope that the girls tonight will do much better than they did last night - the boys are really off to a great start!

PS - Deco - everytime I see your avatar, I smile
9.gif
- such a CUTE pup!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has Renaldo signed up for this series???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started watching last night after only seeing bits and pieces of the auditions. I honestly turned the volume down on many of them..hurt my ears to listen. but there were a few I did turn it back up for. I say Alexis and Danny for girl/guy and Anoop for #3 and I know we''ve got a loooooooong way to go but Danny is my early favorite....totally puffy heart him.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:19:24 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I started watching last night after only seeing bits and pieces of the auditions. I honestly turned the volume down on many of them..hurt my ears to listen. but there were a few I did turn it back up for. I say Alexis and Danny for girl/guy and Anoop for #3 and I know we''ve got a loooooooong way to go but Danny is my early favorite....totally puffy heart him.
Ditto All this MrsS! Some of those were just painful! I hate watching when I feel embarassed for them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:21:27 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:19:24 AM

Author: mrssalvo

I started watching last night after only seeing bits and pieces of the auditions. I honestly turned the volume down on many of them..hurt my ears to listen. but there were a few I did turn it back up for. I say Alexis and Danny for girl/guy and Anoop for #3 and I know we've got a loooooooong way to go but Danny is my early favorite....totally puffy heart him.
Ditto All this MrsS! Some of those were just painful! I hate watching when I feel embarassed for them.

yes, and poor Stevie, that was the worst...it was just so sad and awful
7.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that Danny did the best and will probably make it through.

Call me cynical, but my first thought when I heard his story was "I hope he treated his late wife well." B/c if he didn''t, and he becomes famous, the powers that be will dig up dirt and just ruin that story. But that''s me just waiting for the worst.

I also second getting rid of Tatianna. Ugh. She annoys me. But good for ratings I suppose.

Can''t wait for the next round!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I the only person in the world who hasn''t watched AI before?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I love Danny

I cried when he was singing Hero...the story of his wife breaks my heart...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I felt really bad for Stevie. She seems like such a cute girl, and that was just brutal. My favorite of the younger girls right now though is Jasmine - do you guys remember her? She''s fantastic!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:11:34 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I felt really bad for Stevie. She seems like such a cute girl, and that was just brutal. My favorite of the younger girls right now though is Jasmine - do you guys remember her? She''s fantastic!
This is going to sound awful...but her face got to me. I found her hard to look at. I don''t even really know why...her features, alone, are pretty...but together, I don''t know, it just got to me.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else find the judge to be annoying last night? It was like she was constantly mimicing Randy ... I don''t think she had an original thought all night. And, God forbid contestant have a differing view than her...she gets so **mad** like personally affronted.

I always find myself thinking "listen lady, just because you''ve had a hit song doesn''t make you an authority".

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t like the way they are doing this whole thing with just a group of 12 each week. What if someone comes in at #4 or #5 but they are way better than #1 of group 2??

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:16:32 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Date: 2/18/2009 2:11:34 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

This is going to sound awful...but her face got to me. I found her hard to look at. I don''t even really know why...her features, alone, are pretty...but together, I don''t know, it just got to me.

Hahaha. Which one Italia? Stevie or Jasmine?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:18:34 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Did anyone else find the judge to be annoying last night? It was like she was constantly mimicing Randy ... I don''t think she had an original thought all night. And, God forbid contestant have a differing view than her...she gets so **mad** like personally affronted.

I always find myself thinking ''listen lady, just because you''ve had a hit song doesn''t make you an authority''.

Oh I know - btw what was up with the girls going under the table in the audition???? I never got that...

And of course, Paula once again looks like she''s drunk....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results