shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching American Idol tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:23:55 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I really don''t like the way they are doing this whole thing with just a group of 12 each week. What if someone comes in at #4 or #5 but they are way better than #1 of group 2??

Yeah it makes me sad - I thought this group''s guys were so strong. I''d love to see Anoop, Danny, Ricky and Michael all move forward.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:26:03 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 2/18/2009 2:16:32 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Date: 2/18/2009 2:11:34 PM

I felt really bad for Stevie. She seems like such a cute girl, and that was just brutal. My favorite of the younger girls right now though is Jasmine - do you guys remember her? She''s fantastic!
This is going to sound awful...but her face got to me. I found her hard to look at. I don''t even really know why...her features, alone, are pretty...but together, I don''t know, it just got to me.

Hahaha. Which one Italia? Stevie or Jasmine?
Stevie...she kind of looks like the new judge a little bit too.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far Danny is my favorite.
Tatiana irritates the crud outta me, but she did sound good last night.
I also like Anoop
36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:02:02 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
So far Danny is my favorite.
Tatiana irritates the crud outta me, but she did sound good last night.
I also like Anoop
36.gif
Tatiana did sound good...but she acted so strange...like she was tranq''d or something. Stoned.

I like Anoop too...but I prefer Danny.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:18:34 PM
''listen lady, just because you''ve had a hit song doesn''t make you an authority''.
A hit song? Kara''s had *dozens* of hit songs. She''s arguably the most relevant person on the judging panel.

Kelly Clarkson: Walk Away
Christina Aguilera: Ain''t No Other Man
Ashlee Simpson: Pieces of Me
Gwen Stefani: Rich Girl
Pink: Sober
Hilary Duff: Come Clean

just to name a FEW

Also songs for Celine Dion, Pussycat Dolls, Jonas Brothers, Faith Hill, Avril Lavigne, Kylie Minogue, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood, Santana, Leona Lewis, Natasha Bedingfied, Backstreet Boys, Jewel etc.

I''ll cut her a break & let her find her "voice" on the show before passing final judgment.
2.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else find the judge to be annoying last night? It was like she was constantly mimicing Randy ... I don''t think she had an original thought all night. And, God forbid contestant have a differing view than her...she gets so **mad** like personally affronted.

I always find myself thinking ''listen lady, just because you''ve had a hit song doesn''t make you an authority''.

I CAN''T STAND CARA!!!! She seems really insincere and to not have a single individual thought in her head, and she is an attention hog who is just so annoying!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:56:39 PM
Author: decodelighted

''listen lady, just because you''ve had a hit song doesn''t make you an authority''.
A hit song? Kara''s had *dozens* of hit songs. She''s arguably the most relevant person on the judging panel.

Kelly Clarkson: Walk Away
Christina Aguilera: Ain''t No Other Man
Ashlee Simpson: Pieces of Me
Gwen Stefani: Rich Girl
Pink: Sober
Hilary Duff: Come Clean

just to name a FEW

Also songs for Celine Dion, Pussycat Dolls, Jonas Brothers, Faith Hill, Avril Lavigne, Kylie Minogue, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood, Santana, Leona Lewis, Natasha Bedingfied, Backstreet Boys, Jewel etc.

I''ll cut her a break & let her find her ''voice'' on the show before passing final judgment.
2.gif
Yes...she''s talented, I''ll give you that ...but you can be a good song writer and a poor judge.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and about the whole 3 round thing...they said there would be 3 slots for "wildcards" who were not in the top 3 of their first group! It''ll be interesting to see how they decide who gets those spots, I HOPE they make them sing again, because I have a feeling a lot of people could do better if given another shot!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think Cara''s talented but yeah, she''s really trying to assert her place on the judging panel. I love Simon. Yeah he''s mean sometimes, but I value his opinion in most cases about 10 times more than the other judges combined.

I thought Ann Marie kind of looked like Cara too. lol

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:10:43 PM
I think Cara''s talented but yeah, she''s really trying to assert her place on the judging panel. I love Simon. Yeah he''s mean sometimes, but I value his opinion in most cases about 10 times more than the other judges combined.

I generally agree with Simon too, but the way he *drools* over the most attractive female singers whether they''re talented or not annoys me. Remember Bikini Girl? Incredibly annoying and mediocre, and he liked her a lot. Because of her talent, I''m sure.
20.gif
3.gif
I guess he''s taking into account what sells, but a good voice is more important.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Fiery- this set up is annoying and takes way too long.

This is always my problem with AI- I like the auditions but they get to this part and they all sound like bad karaoke singers. Who lets them choose these terrible songs? You have to assume they have watched before- I can''t believe that they wouldn''t have spent tons and tons of time thinking about exactly what the "right" song is for them to sing. I mean, I think about it and I am tone deaf and can''t sing at all!!!!

The entire group was mediocre at best. I think it will be Danny, Alexis and Anoop.

I do like Danny, but his song choice was meh to me. But he pulled it off. Don''t care about Alexis''s look really, she was the only girl that sang well.

That poor Stevie girl, that was a miserable performance. She looks like Bristol Palin to me (who I think is very pretty, but Stevie is a bit awkward looking).

Jackie and Tatiana are too annoying ane everyone else was forgettable.

Is tonight the next group, or an entire hour of letting us know who the 3 are?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:20:44 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 2/18/2009 4:10:43 PM

I generally agree with Simon too, but the way he *drools* over the most attractive female singers whether they''re talented or not annoys me. Remember Bikini Girl? Incredibly annoying and mediocre, and he liked her a lot. Because of her talent, I''m sure.
20.gif
3.gif
I guess he''s taking into account what sells, but a good voice is more important.

Yeah that is so annoying. I really really disliked Bikini Girl
29.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 5:57:30 PM
Author: ChinaCat
I agree with Fiery- this set up is annoying and takes way too long.

This is always my problem with AI- I like the auditions but they get to this part and they all sound like bad karaoke singers. Who lets them choose these terrible songs? You have to assume they have watched before- I can''t believe that they wouldn''t have spent tons and tons of time thinking about exactly what the ''right'' song is for them to sing. I mean, I think about it and I am tone deaf and can''t sing at all!!!!

The entire group was mediocre at best. I think it will be Danny, Alexis and Anoop.

I do like Danny, but his song choice was meh to me. But he pulled it off. Don''t care about Alexis''s look really, she was the only girl that sang well.

That poor Stevie girl, that was a miserable performance. She looks like Bristol Palin to me (who I think is very pretty, but Stevie is a bit awkward looking).

Jackie and Tatiana are too annoying ane everyone else was forgettable.

I think it''ll be Danny and Anoop. Not sure about the girl. I''m hoping that Ricky will get the 3rd place, because I think it would be WAY easier for Anoop to get a wild card than Ricky. I''m not that big a fan of any of the girls. The ones who did ok - I really don''t care for their personalities or looks. The ones I kind of like (not annoyed with) didn''t do that well. Ugh.
14.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

The latter, I think. Dial Idol (if I''m reading the results correctly) still predicts Danny, Alexis and Michael in the top spots, but I don''t know how accurate they are in the beginning. I''m a ''Noop fan, so hopefully he''ll get a wild card spot.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Latter. One''s been chosen

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:19:15 PM

The latter, I think. Dial Idol (if I''m reading the results correctly) still predicts Danny, Alexis and Michael in the top spots, but I don''t know how accurate they are in the beginning. I''m a ''Noop fan, so hopefully he''ll get a wild card spot.

Noop is up. His fate will be decided in a couple minutes!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
OMG if you are watching, THAT is so messed up!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Amazing about Dial Idol, if it is true that Anoop was only 20,000 votes behind Michael. He should get onto the Wild Card show, for sure.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:43:45 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Amazing about Dial Idol, if it is true that Anoop was only 20,000 votes behind Michael. He should get onto the Wild Card show, for sure.

I forgot yesterday that the Wild Card was judges'' pick - thank goodness! I can''t see them not letting Anoop through. I like Michael, but really, I would definitely have picked Anoop (and even Ricky) over him. I didn''t like Michael''s version of I Don''t Wanna Be
14.gif

When it came to the last between Tatiana and Danny, though, I did tell BF that something is seriously messed up with America if she makes it and Danny doesn''t!
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:31:56 PM
OMG if you are watching, THAT is so messed up!!!!!!!

This was in reference to Michael over Anoop. Shocked
3.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
So what did everyone think of last night???

To me, the girls were MUCH stronger in this group! There were 4 that I actually liked! I liked the girl with the red hair, the girl with the tatoos all over her arms (Megan maybe?), the girl who sang Bette Davis Eyes (Jesse) and the girl who sang the Train song who didn''t make it past Hollywood last year.

None of the guys really impressed me, but I have the feeling that the last guy will be the one to make it through. I really hope it''s 2 girls and him. As for which two girls, if I had to pick, I would say the first two that I described.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Sabine - I liked all of the girls you just mentioned....The boys were not so hot last night - which is why this whole "top 3" in each night thing bothers me - I think Anoop deserves to be in the top 12 more than ANY of the guys who performed last night....so, basically, you''re best shot to get in the top 3 of the night is to perform with a so-so group....and if the ones that are all great are in one group, tough....don''t like it at all...
38.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
PS - am I the only one who LOVED "Norman Gentle''s" performance last night! I was laughing sooo hard! And I LOVE the fact that Simon despises him!
3.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I liked the red-headed girl who was 16 that sang Alone by Heart. Her personality--like trying to be overly funny--gets to me...but her voice is pretty spot on, and she's ultra talented, IMO.

I also like Norman Gentle...I thought he was hysterical. While he probably shouldn't win AI and go on to make records, I could see him doing a show in Vegas and being a freaking hit!! There is absolutely a market for this guy. I admit, I voted for him...10 times. Just because he makes me laugh, and, he can really sing when you take the silliness away. And hey, the Judges can dispise him all they want...they are responsible for him being in America's hands now!!!

I also really like the last singer Adam. He's got an amazing range, and great voice. I was impressed. He is leaps and bounds better than any of the other contestants...seriously. I can see him going far, on AI and in real life. But, I guess thats a "Hollywood kid" for you, he's been groomed to be amazing.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Adam bothers me....I can totally see him on Broadway - he has THE broadway voice - but, I don''t know - there''s something about him.....Maybe because Queen is my favorite band ever - EVER - and I think he''s trying to be too "Freddy Mercury" - and there will never be another Freddy
3.gif
But he IS good - but not my cup of tea
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 7:58:31 AM
Author: Cleopatra
Adam bothers me....I can totally see him on Broadway - he has THE broadway voice - but, I don''t know - there''s something about him.....Maybe because Queen is my favorite band ever - EVER - and I think he''s trying to be too ''Freddy Mercury'' - and there will never be another Freddy
3.gif
1.gif
I totally get what you''re saying...Adams'' voice in incredible, and he is very broadway--which, is what he was trained in, live performace. But his performance last night was too theatrical in my opinion. After the first few minutes, I decided to listen to the performance, I didn''t actually watch him. And it was good, totally vote-worthy.

I''m totally excited to see how things pan out tonight....

I wonder what girl will power through...

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 7:58:31 AM
Author: Cleopatra
Adam bothers me....I can totally see him on Broadway - he has THE broadway voice - but, I don''t know - there''s something about him.....Maybe because Queen is my favorite band ever - EVER - and I think he''s trying to be too ''Freddy Mercury'' - and there will never be another Freddy
3.gif
1.gif

Adams HAIR bothers me.. OMG i can''t even take it.. i dunno why i''m so annoyed by people''s hair lately
37.gif

and I LOOOOVE Norman too!! He''s actually the only one I look forward to watching besides Danny. I''m hoping he gets through tonight. I NEVER actually vote but I voted for him like 20 times last night haha! (actually not a good sign that i was able to get through so many times...)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I like the girl with the red hair, although I wonder how she''ll do with other song genres.

I like the guy who sang last, Adam, and I really like Norman Gentle, lol. He was the most entertaining of last night''s bunch I think.

Not a big fan of the blonde girl with the tattoo - not a fan of her style/voice although she did pretty well.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am silently prayer Norman gets in!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:38:12 PM
I am silently prayer Norman gets in!!!

Me too! Because I''m sure Adam would be a wild card pick and Norman wouldn''t be - and I want Norman to stay on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results