Crown Angle 33.5
Crown Height 13.5%
Pavilion Angle 41
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 75%
Girdle Medium to Slight Think, 3.5%
Cutlet None

It's a 60/60 style stone rather than a traditional "ideal cut". Also the pav angle is slightly too steep and crown is a bit too shallow. Did you run it through the HCA?

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
It's a 60/60 style stone rather than a traditional "ideal cut". Also the pav angle is slightly too steep and crown is a bit too shallow. Did you run it through the HCA?

Here's what it's showing. Looking into what this means; I didn't know this existed until you mentioned it. Thanks again I appreciate your help.

1590975461782.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what it's showing. Looking into what this means; I didn't know this existed until you mentioned it. Thanks again I appreciate your help.

1590975461782.png

Ok cool, so it's under 2 on the HCA meaning the angles "play nice" together. But I would look at pics of 60/60 vs traditional ideal cut stones to make sure you like the look. They tend to show more white light and less rainbow flashes.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell us the specs? I dont see haziness, but I don't love the cut

I don’t see haziness. With 60/60, may not flash fire as much as white sparkle.
I think it’s a beautiful stone, but you’ll want to compare it to be certain it performs to your liking.

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
Ok cool, so it's under 2 on the HCA meaning the angles "play nice" together. But I would look at pics of 60/60 vs traditional ideal cut stones to make sure you like the look. They tend to show more white light and less rainbow flashes.

Really appreciate your help.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
There doesn’t seem to be haziness.

One cool feature of SBF is (and you may akresywhen you take it outside into the natural sunlight.... OMG- it turns a little ‘blue’ It def is a unique characteristic.

it is a beautiful stone.. it isn’t “ideal” but that may not be what you want. If the stone speaks to you- then it is a great sign.
If you were after something more ideal with slightly more crisps fire.... there may be other stones avail.

Of course there are other considerations: colour budget etc...

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
There doesn’t seem to be haziness.

One cool feature of SBF is (and you may akresywhen you take it outside into the natural sunlight.... OMG- it turns a little ‘blue’ It def is a unique characteristic.

it is a beautiful stone.. it isn’t “ideal” but that may not be what you want. If the stone speaks to you- then it is a great sign.
If you were after something more ideal with slightly more crisps fire.... there may be other stones avail.

Of course there are other considerations: colour budget etc...

Thank you. I love the way it sparkles in the 360 image. I'll have to wait 10 days or so to see it in person. I will check it out against other stones to see the difference.

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
Was able to get the ASET image for the diamond.

2.99 Carat Round Diamond (1).jpg

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The ASET looks like a doodle compared with the very perfect H&A patterns around here [it's been a while, & I am still surprised those can be done], but, I would still not expect to be dissapointed & the fluorescence is a tremendous perk - for me.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

You might have already seen many comparable options! I had to look & this is what stands out:

There are only two H&A off the rack of comparable size & color - 8.9mm H/VS1 www & F/VS2 www of what I think is the relevant price range which I am just guessing, of course;

then, there are a couple of colourless items, likely more comparable with yours in terms of cut, 'Excellent' proportions as per HCA:

9 mm D/VS2 www

9.2 mm E/VS1 www

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are better options. I don't love the cut overall, but also dont know your budget or if you are open to alternatives.

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
I think there are better options. I don't love the cut overall, but also dont know your budget or if you are open to alternatives.

I'm open to alternatives. I'm definitely going to check this one out but not 100% committed. Budget is $40,000.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm open to alternatives. I'm definitely going to check this one out but not 100% committed. Budget is $40,000.

Thanks! I'm guessing you want as close to 3ct as possible and G color or above? What about clarity?

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'm guessing you want as close to 3ct as possible and G color or above? What about clarity?

As close to 3 carats as possible - I think H is as low as I'd go on color but would prefer to be at G. I'm open on clarity but definitely want it to be completely eye clean (even when inspected very closely).

What worries me on clarity is my girlfriend has a 1.5 carat diamond necklace that's an H color VS2 but there's a very obvious black spec on the table. Definitely want to avoid something like that.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The hazy reaction that has people are concerned with fluorescent diamonds has to do with the reaction of the stone to ultraviolet light. That has to do with both the stone and the light. An image taken by an unknown photographer in unknown lighting conditions is of no help. Most lights used in photography have zero uv component.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
As close to 3 carats as possible - I think H is as low as I'd go on color but would prefer to be at G. I'm open on clarity but definitely want it to be completely eye clean (even when inspected very closely).

What worries me on clarity is my girlfriend has a 1.5 carat diamond necklace that's an H color VS2 but there's a very obvious black spec on the table. Definitely want to avoid something like that.

This might be a good option and right on your budget

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This might be a good option and right on your budget

B2C Jewels is listing this same diamond (with images) for less. However, I believe I inquired about this diamond a few months ago (it's been around for awhile) and was told it is noted as having a brown tint. OP, if you inquire about this one, you might want to ask about the tint.

jparker06788

Rough_Rock
I've checked out the HPD website and there's a 3.06 I color VS2 in production. It's a little cheaper than the diamond shown above. I realize it's going to come down to personal preference; just wanted to put it out there that I'm considering that one. If anyone has any feedback it's welcomed! Thanks.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've checked out the HPD website and there's a 3.06 I color VS2 in production. It's a little cheaper than the diamond shown above. I realize it's going to come down to personal preference; just wanted to put it out there that I'm considering that one. If anyone has any feedback it's welcomed! Thanks.

Personally, an I color in a MRB of this size would be too tinted for me. But color is a personal preference and there are plenty of people who aren't bothered by the tint or don't see it. Some say that super ideal cuts face up whiter, and while there may be some truth to that, unless you are setting it in a bezel or halo, the profile will be visible so "facing up" whiter means very little to me. An I is an I and is going to look more tinted than a G, at least some of the time and in different lighting. It is really a matter of what you are comfortable with. Have you seen any I colored MRB diamonds graded by GIA or AGS in the 3 carat range IRL to get a feel for the tint?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results