shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own an august vintage moissonite?!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! Is there truly a difference between the August Vintage moissonites versus moisonnite&co, charles & covard etc? I've heard AV is the best. I'm looking for a bright, well cut stone that isnt cloudy/milky as I've seen in lots of moissys.

Please post yours if you have one!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys! Is there truly a difference between the August Vintage moissonites versus moisonnite&co, charles & covard etc? I've heard AV is the best. I'm looking for a bright, well cut stone that isnt cloudy/milky as I've seen in lots of moissys.

Please post yours if you have one!

I have had several AV moissys and, in my personal opinion, they have are superior in every way to any of the various brands I have tried. I currently own an AVC and I love it!!
I did buy an OEC from Moissaniteco but emailed and asked for a line up to chose from. I picked one out and it was gorgeous too. Good luck.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I have had several AV moissys and, in my personal opinion, they have are superior in every way to any of the various brands I have tried. I currently own an AVC and I love it!!
I did buy an OEC from Moissaniteco but emailed and asked for a line up to chose from. I picked one out and it was gorgeous too. Good luck.

Thanks! Do you see a difference between the two brands? I just bought one from august vintage!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock

My august vintage just arrived. To me it looks just like a diamond! I took pics of it under a hearts and arrows viewer
20211110_135047.jpg 20211109_235121.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrsctobe it looks gorgeous!! Jon’s stones are really cut to perfection. Now how will you set this beauty?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
@mrsctobe it looks gorgeous!! Jon’s stones are really cut to perfection. Now how will you set this beauty?

Thank you!! the cut really is IDEAL and beautiful!

I am going to be sending it to James Allen to be set into this 18k Yellow Gold setting:

1636585219532.png
What did you do with yours?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrsctobe I have all of my stones set in bezels by David Klass. I am very boring.
I Love the solitaire you’re getting. And yellow gold too! Yummy!! Come back with pictures!! What size is the stone again?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
@mrsctobe I have all of my stones set in bezels by David Klass. I am very boring.
I Love the solitaire you’re getting. And yellow gold too! Yummy!! Come back with pictures!! What size is the stone again?

David Klass is awesome! I have recently become interested in tension settings too - I have never seen one before coming here to Pricescope but find it so neat that the diamonds look like theyre floating.

I will come back with photos once its set, should be a couple weeks or less! The stone is a 1.5ct/7.5mm :) placed on the finger, it's looks much bigger than I thought it would be, lol.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think they are called Distinctive Gem now. I love my moissanite studs!

The one thing I wish is that you could easily order H&A moissanite jewelry. Both Amora and Distinctive Gem have clunky websites. I think I would be ordering a lot more of it if you could.

IMG_2654.jpeg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful studs & perfect size for your ears:kiss2:

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I think they are called Distinctive Gem now. I love my moissanite studs!

The one thing I wish is that you could easily order H&A moissanite jewelry. Both Amora and Distinctive Gem have clunky websites. I think I would be ordering a lot more of it if you could.

IMG_2654.jpeg

Very true the website is very clunky and home made. I did buy a moissonite though and I should be receiving it fully set by james allen today!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't posted in forever but I wanted to share my Distinctive Gem 7.5mm OEC. I had it set in this setting (1895 Cartier-style Reproduction ring - from Betterthandiamond). I love the stone, but I'm not in love with it in this setting, so I plan on swapping it out, but don't know how I want to set the OEC yet. It is a very well cut stone. I also have an 8mm rb from Jonathan that I wear as an e-Ring. OEC.jpg

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I haven't posted in forever but I wanted to share my Distinctive Gem 7.5mm OEC. I had it set in this setting (1895 Cartier-style Reproduction ring - from Betterthandiamond). I love the stone, but I'm not in love with it in this setting, so I plan on swapping it out, but don't know how I want to set the OEC yet. It is a very well cut stone. I also have an 8mm rb from Jonathan that I wear as an e-Ring. OEC.jpg

beautiful! what dont you like about the setting? and id love to see your ering!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! what dont you like about the setting? and id love to see your ering!

It's not that I don't like the setting, I discovered it's just not my style. It's very well made with nice diamonds in the bands, but I just never wear it. I may set a beautiful lab ruby I ordered from Precisiongems and remove the OEC or I may just sell the setting as a semi-mount. I spent a bit of money on the OEC (well worth it) but I think I'd like it better in a non-eRing setting. I bought the setting as an alternative in yellow gold to my white gold "actual" wedding band, but I just don't reach for it.

When I had my wedding band custom made 20 years ago, I was spending a lot of time outdoors, hiking, etc. and I wanted a durable band I could wear all of the time, but I also wanted high quality diamonds, so ordered it with hand picked "F" color diamonds, thinking I would add an e-Ring at a later date. I shot myself in the foot because an "F" color high quality diamond the size I wanted is very expensive and a lower color diamond is quite obvious next to the band, so I never got a diamond e-Ring. Fast forward 19 years and I decided to give the DistinctiveGem RB a shot. It's a gorgeous stone and I get compliments on it all of the time. I never try to pass it off as a diamond if anyone compliments me and they are always shocked when they find out it's not a diamond.
As you can see from the attached photos, I need to have them resized, as my arthritis has finally hit my ring finger and I can't get them over my knuckle. eRing.jpg eRing2.jpg

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Update: I set my Distinctive Gem moissanite (August Vintage) in 18k knife edge setting from James Allen. I love it! Its completely colorless and has lots of sparkle and fire.

20220214_214253.jpg

Attachments

• 20220214_214217.jpg
    20220214_214217.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220212_162333.jpg
    20220212_162333.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220212_162441.jpg
    20220212_162441.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 34

blingmeupscotty