shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own an august vintage moissonite?!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! Is there truly a difference between the August Vintage moissonites versus moisonnite&co, charles & covard etc? I've heard AV is the best. I'm looking for a bright, well cut stone that isnt cloudy/milky as I've seen in lots of moissys.

Please post yours if you have one!

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys! Is there truly a difference between the August Vintage moissonites versus moisonnite&co, charles & covard etc? I've heard AV is the best. I'm looking for a bright, well cut stone that isnt cloudy/milky as I've seen in lots of moissys.

Please post yours if you have one!

I have had several AV moissys and, in my personal opinion, they have are superior in every way to any of the various brands I have tried. I currently own an AVC and I love it!!
I did buy an OEC from Moissaniteco but emailed and asked for a line up to chose from. I picked one out and it was gorgeous too. Good luck.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I have had several AV moissys and, in my personal opinion, they have are superior in every way to any of the various brands I have tried. I currently own an AVC and I love it!!
I did buy an OEC from Moissaniteco but emailed and asked for a line up to chose from. I picked one out and it was gorgeous too. Good luck.

Thanks! Do you see a difference between the two brands? I just bought one from august vintage!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock

My august vintage just arrived. To me it looks just like a diamond! I took pics of it under a hearts and arrows viewer
20211110_135047.jpg 20211109_235121.jpg

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrsctobe it looks gorgeous!! Jon’s stones are really cut to perfection. Now how will you set this beauty?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
@mrsctobe it looks gorgeous!! Jon’s stones are really cut to perfection. Now how will you set this beauty?

Thank you!! the cut really is IDEAL and beautiful!

I am going to be sending it to James Allen to be set into this 18k Yellow Gold setting:

1636585219532.png
What did you do with yours?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
@mrsctobe I have all of my stones set in bezels by David Klass. I am very boring.
I Love the solitaire you’re getting. And yellow gold too! Yummy!! Come back with pictures!! What size is the stone again?

David Klass is awesome! I have recently become interested in tension settings too - I have never seen one before coming here to Pricescope but find it so neat that the diamonds look like theyre floating.

I will come back with photos once its set, should be a couple weeks or less! The stone is a 1.5ct/7.5mm :) placed on the finger, it's looks much bigger than I thought it would be, lol.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021 - 11/26
    Throwback Thursdays: November 2021
    Throwback Thursdays: November 2021 - 11/25