shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone out there wear a ring size smaller than 4??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I''ve never "worn" a ring on my ring finger because I''ve never been able to find one that small. I was told by the jewelers at Baily, Banks & Biddle, Excel Diamonds, and Tiffany that my ring size is a 3.75. But that''s just to get over my knuckle, and the ring tends to spin. I did try on a Size 3.5 sizer and it fit fine but I couldn''t get it off. I also have short fingers. If you have a little finger like mine, what size is your center stone? What kind of e-ring do you wear? Any pictures? I have my heart set on the halfbezel solitaire from WhiteFlash, with an Etoile-style wedding band to match.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have a 3.75 ring size and wear a 3+ ct pear. See avatar.

dib

Shiny_Rock
I have the exact same finger as you! My ring finger on the left side is 3.75 in order for the ring to fit over my knuckle, butthe ring is big once on and turns. I tried getting the ring guard balls, but then the ring wouldn''t fit. I wear a 2.25 pear with .40 baguettes on each side. I now moved that to my right hand, which is a size 4 and wear an eternity band on my left hand. The problem is they made the eternity band a 3.5 and i can''t get it off unless i wet my hand. I have had red, sore knuckles too many times!!

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
I was a 4.5, lost weight, got to 3.75 ring finger, gained weight back, but my fingers stayed small. Go figure!

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
I wear a 3.75 and my engagement ring is a low-set 1.3 carat, E, VVS1, RB. I also wear a 2.4 carat, bezel set eternity band. For me, I could go bigger on a centre stone but not by much. My fingers are long and thin (as am I!), so I prefer a more delicate look.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I wear a 3 - 3.25, and everything has to be custom made... it's pretty annoying!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pre-Baby, I wore a 3.75 ring size. My E-ring stone is a 1.34 H & A RB. The setting was made by Mark Morrell.
However, I never had any problems having rings sized to 3.75.

Post Baby, while I have lost all the weight, my finger size stayed slightly bigger and we had to have my E-ring and wedding band sized to a 4.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
i wear a size 3 and my ering is 80 points.

Dsc00051test.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Diamondlover23: That is the first confirmed report I have that when you lose weight, your fingers shrink. I''ve been wondering about this for days. I am not too happy with the size of my fingers, hopefully they will shrink if I lose some weight.

suixxgeneris

Rough_Rock
Yes, that''s true (at least for me). I can usually tell when I''ve lost weight without the help of a scale if my rings start feeling loose. When I was pregnant, I was a size 5.5, but 4 months later, I shrunk back down to a 4.75.

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
I wear a size 3.75 and have really small hands (short, little fingers). My engagement ring is .72 ct set in your standard 6-pronger. To me, the diamond looks huge on my hand.

I considered the half-bezel e-ring w/ the Etoile-style band, but unfortunately that combo just TOTALLY overwhelmed my poor little finger. If I did go that way, I would only have been able to go with a .33 ct (1/2 ct absolute MAX) center stone.

And, while beautiful, I just wanted more of a diamond presence than metal presence on my hand. Alas, it was not in the cards for me.

Good luck, I''m sure whatever you choose will look beautiful!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a .90ct marquise on my finger... it''s a bit loose because it normally fits my middle finger, but my knuckles were swollen from sleeping too much so I just stuck it on my ring finger, which is a 3.25 today.

marquise%20on%20hand%20in%20sun.jpg

allan creates

Rough_Rock
For all finger sizes from the smallest to the largest and the narrowest to the widest see.

Allan Creates
P.O. Box 51 Cote St-Luc
Montreal, Quebec
Canada
Tel.: 514 488-7553
Fax.: 514 489-7299
www.superringfit.com

Also there is a great new ring test video that should not be missed.
http://superringfit.com/videotesting.html?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2004 5
6.gif
3:30 PM
Author: allycat0303
Diamondlover23: That is the first confirmed report I have that when you lose weight, your fingers shrink. I''ve been wondering about this for days. I am not too happy with the size of my fingers, hopefully they will shrink if I lose some weight.
Okay, you can loose weight, have your fingers shrink, but your knuckles size can stay the same. This happened with me so regardless of how small my finger is around, I''m stuck wearing a 4.5-4.75 ring.

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/23/2004 5
6.gif
3:30 PM
Author: allycat0303
Diamondlover23,
I''m sure they will shrink. I was a size 6 (ring that is) or sometimes a 6.5 and I now wear a size 5 since I lost about 40 lbs. I probably could use a 4.75, but it''s the darn knuckle.
2.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I wear a 3.75 and like you, it still spins a lot on my finger. Depending on the ring, I can also wear a 3.5. Often, when I tell jewelers my finger size, they don''t believe me and run to get the sizer. My stone is a .78 round solitaire in the generic six prong. I think it''s about 2-2.25mm wide, and my wedding ring is actually a little thinner than that. If I put my plain 3mm band on as well, the whole ensemble is almost up to my knuckle. It''s way too much (much to my chagrin).

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a size 2.25 and my ering is 1.65. Now that it''s cold, my ring spins on my finger a little. In the summer it''s not so bad.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2005 11:29:20 AM
Author: luckyhonu
I wear a size 2.25 and my ering is 1.65. Now that it's cold, my ring spins on my finger a little. In the summer it's not so bad.
You surely have the most dainty hands around here! With the post infront I can't really imagine how this can be !!!
My little finger is size 1... your 1.65 engagement ring might fir a bit loose !
9.gif

pogie

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 12
6.gif
3:46 PM
Author:northstar_78
Okay, I''ve never ''worn'' a ring on my ring finger because I''ve never been able to find one that small. I was told by the jewelers at Baily, Banks & Biddle, Excel Diamonds, and Tiffany that my ring size is a 3.75. But that''s just to get over my knuckle, and the ring tends to spin. I did try on a Size 3.5 sizer and it fit fine but I couldn''t get it off. I also have short fingers. If you have a little finger like mine, what size is your center stone? What kind of e-ring do you wear? Any pictures? I have my heart set on the halfbezel solitaire from WhiteFlash, with an Etoile-style wedding band to match.
i gave my girlfriend a tension set e-ring that has a .50ct stone, the ring size is 3....but it is still loose for her ring finger
33.gif

i just told her that she should just gain weight so that the ring will fit her better
31.gif

happy3.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2005 11:29:20 AM
Author: luckyhonu
I wear a size 2.25 and my ering is 1.65. Now that it''s cold, my ring spins on my finger a little. In the summer it''s not so bad.
Your hand is so dainty. That''s probably the size of my pinky hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results